Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Problems with Stepson

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:39 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're screwed, she will always side with him and you will always be the bad guy, never be a step parent...

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 11:20 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it kicked off. She went off for 3 hours. Nipper has agreed we can keep all the money from the bike.

If we are lucky we might get 900. It a 2017 lexmoto Michigan. It's in fair condition, usual Chinese rust on downpipes and top fork tube.

I told her if things don't improve I will leave after holiday. I said after 1st instance of 5heft should not be using the tin, but she promised he won't do it again, and itw the easiest way to save change.

Its basically our spending money tin, I've decided to put my money now direct on a post office card.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:12 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

R1stu wrote:
Well it kicked off. She went off for 3 hours.
In a huff? Or banged on like a broken washing machine til your ears bled? Given the choice between the two, I'd favour
option 1 and try my level best to resist the urge to change the locks while she's out using some awesome man skills™.
I literally keep a spare lock cylinder to suit my front door so if I ever do find myself having to make that particular point,
then I have what I need to do so, quickly to hand. Wink Laughing Sometimes actions speak louder than words. Thumbs Up

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I literally keep a spare lock cylinder to suit my front door so if I ever do find myself having to make that particular point, then I have what I need to do so, quickly to hand. Wink Laughing Sometimes actions speak louder than words. Thumbs Up

That sounds like a waste of time in your case. From what you've told us about your partner, she's bendy and flexible enough to shin up the drainpipe and get back in again Very Happy

BigTim
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:47 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this dude,

Been there done that.

start planning now for the break up. keep some savings for yourself so you've got money when you need to move out/split up.

life is too short to put up with this shit from a juvenile cunt like him.

its hard but worth it once through it.

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 13:47 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
R1stu wrote:
Well it kicked off. She went off for 3 hours.
In a huff? Or banged on like a broken washing machine til your ears bled? Given the choice between the two, I'd favour
option 1 and try my level best to resist the urge to change the locks while she's out using some awesome man skills™.
I literally keep a spare lock cylinder to suit my front door so if I ever do find myself having to make that particular point,
then I have what I need to do so, quickly to hand. Wink Laughing Sometimes actions speak louder than words. Thumbs Up

As In drove 45 miles and sat in her car! Well the fine from the DVLA turned up today from not sorning the bike after the insurance was canceled.

He's promised to pay that Monday.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

That sounds like a waste of time in your case. From what you've told us about your partner, she's bendy and flexible enough to shin up the drainpipe and get back in again Very Happy

Yeah but she's built like a barn door. Solid and heavy. My plastic drainpipes won't hold a unit like the lovely mrs grr. Wink

OP I know the lad isn't a kid, but do you think some of the playing up might be to deliberately start trouble between
you and your OH?

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

R1stu wrote:

I know they are not my kids, but we have been together 8 years now, so I think I can have some input.

Where's the father?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy the holiday away from the young twat of a son, and immediately after or now start saving up/hiding away enough money for a deposit on a flat, and start looking at lettings etc.

That way as soon as the next fuck up/argument/theft or slightest issue happens you can pack your bag and walk out the door to sign the lease. If I had to I'd stay a month in a travel lodge to avoid listening to another word of shit from the Mum or the son.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Shame you can't whack 'em anymore innit Laughing.

He's a grown adult and a thieving little cunt, of course you can whack him. Laughing

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my younger brothers is a bit like this. 26 years old, lived with parents forever and never pays rent/food money (even though he works full time). He has a good education and a chemistry degree, yet he's fucked around so much that he now works in a care home, literally cleaning old people's arses and feeding them pills.

He always has an excuse like he's saving up for something, or has a debt to pay elsewhere, etc etc, anything to make sure he continues getting everything for free at home. My dad hates it, but mum is a pushover. No idea why, me and my twin brother always got a proper bollocking if we were out of line.

He doesn't have a whiff of ADHD either, he's just a sociopathic cunt who'll take anything he can and never offers anything in return because, "Well if you didn't want to give/help/do anything for me then you shouldn't have done it in the first place."

He's perfected the art of manipulation, and knows exactly how to delegate blame onto other people so nothing ever appears to be his fault. The latest was, "Yeah mum and dad know I'm driving my car with no MOT", said in such a way as if to suggest that it'll be their fault if something bad happens.

He's the epitome of the millennial waster who thinks the world owes him everything.

Sorry, can't offer much advice, just thought I'd add a bit of a consolation story. I think a bit of honest tough love is the answer. My dad reckons he's gonna reach the tipping point soon, overrule my mum's soft touch policy and go into ultimate dad-rage mode and cause a massive family upset.

Grubscrew
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:35 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read.
Mmmm, ADHD, never had a thing like that in my day. Yes we had the odd naughty boy, but that was either dealt with by punishment, or he was palmed off to a ‘special school’.
There is zero respect for any one or anyone’s belongings.
It’s ok to blame a disorder which makes it alright to do something others detest, ie misbehave.
I don’t know how this guy carries on.
You could sit him down and chat to him and find out why he thinks it’s ok to nik money. I would put a note in the tin and when he’s busy retrieving it he can read the writing on the post it note.......thanks for stealing my holiday spending money. This is your final chance.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
One of my younger brothers is a bit like this. 26 years old, lived with parents forever and never pays rent/food money (even though he works full time). He has a good education and a chemistry degree, yet he's fucked around so much that he now works in a care home, literally cleaning old people's arses and feeding them pills.

He always has an excuse like he's saving up for something, or has a debt to pay elsewhere, etc etc, anything to make sure he continues getting everything for free at home. My dad hates it, but mum is a pushover. No idea why, me and my twin brother always got a proper bollocking if we were out of line.

He doesn't have a whiff of ADHD either, he's just a sociopathic cunt who'll take anything he can and never offers anything in return because, "Well if you didn't want to give/help/do anything for me then you shouldn't have done it in the first place."

He's perfected the art of manipulation, and knows exactly how to delegate blame onto other people so nothing ever appears to be his fault. The latest was, "Yeah mum and dad know I'm driving my car with no MOT", said in such a way as if to suggest that it'll be their fault if something bad happens.

He's the epitome of the millennial waster who thinks the world owes him everything.

Sorry, can't offer much advice, just thought I'd add a bit of a consolation story. I think a bit of honest tough love is the answer. My dad reckons he's gonna reach the tipping point soon, overrule my mum's soft touch policy and go into ultimate dad-rage mode and cause a massive family upset.

Narcissistic is the psychological term. (From Greek)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/narcissism

Cannot be reconciled and better avoided or kept at arm's length.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:31 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grubscrew wrote:
Interesting read.
Mmmm, ADHD, never had a thing like that in my day. Yes we had the odd naughty boy, but that was either dealt with by punishment, or he was palmed off to a ‘special school’.
There is zero respect for any one or anyone’s belongings.
It’s ok to blame a disorder which makes it alright to do something others detest, ie misbehave.
I don’t know how this guy carries on.
You could sit him down and chat to him and find out why he thinks it’s ok to nik money. I would put a note in the tin and when he’s busy retrieving it he can read the writing on the post it note.......thanks for stealing my holiday spending money. This is your final chance.

I think there was ADHD but it had just not been identified.
Like dyslexia and a host of other problems of the mind/brain.

There is very poor research for that side of health care, possibly due to disappointing results of treatment and stigmas associated with mental health issues.

It is funny until it hits you or someone close.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:43 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
I think there was ADHD but it had just not been identified.
Like dyslexia and a host of other problems of the mind/brain.

There is very poor research for that side of health care, possibly due to disappointing results of treatment and stigmas associated with mental health issues.

It is funny until it hits you or someone close.

The problem is when it becomes almost like a badge of honour and continually used as an excuse. A friend does this with his dyslexia, I'm not even sure he's been diagnosed Thinking

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:57 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

The problem is when it becomes almost like a badge of honour and continually used as an excuse.

https://youtu.be/b0uMq-Pq-2E?t=1 Laughing

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADHD? Sounds more like he's a selfish lazy thief. No doubt her Majesty will eventually provide him with free food and lodgings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_Pagin wrote:
ADHD? Sounds more like he's a selfish lazy thief. No doubt her Majesty will eventually provide him with free food and lodgings.

Fukdatshit, then we'll all be paying for his keep. Rolling Eyes

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 22:57 - 20 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those without ADHD, it can be best characterised as a state of perpetual boredom. You can't get interested in many things, you can't concentrate, so you're bored and a bit restless.

In children, this can show up as the kid being an annoying little shit. Combination of child energy levels and nothing to concentrate on, so bouncing around like a pinball instead.

Medication is simple and effective, using stimulants. The hyperactivity bit of reduces through teens into twenties, or gets more controllable as the brain develops. It is also common for people with the condition to have a few things they can absolutely focus on, with hours of uninterruptible concentration.

Which is a long winded way of saying, bollocks is it ADHD with that kid. That would be a valid excuse if he was 8. Now he's an adult with an excuse, and needs to learn that actions have consequences.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:35 - 21 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they'd bring back the stocks.
Gone too fucking soft in this country. People are given too many chances.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:46 - 21 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
For those without ADHD, it can be best characterised as a state of perpetual boredom. You can't get interested in many things, you can't concentrate, so you're bored and a bit restless.

Wow you just described me down to a T. I have to put a TV programme on in the background when playing computer or video games else I get bored. I always open a ton of tabs when browsing the web and flit between them. I've never had the powers of concentration that other people have had... I have to be REALLY interested in something in order to concentrate and work on it.

However:

I've never stolen money off of people, especially not my parents. I've worked since I was 16 years old, and paid my own way from the age of 20. I bought my own house at 25.

I'm also undiagnosed so it could all be nonsense...

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 09:51 - 21 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did those things too. Not the two screens thing though. Its hard enough to concentrate on one thing, without another thing trying to distract me.

Easy test. Go to a party and have some speed. If you want to sit down and read a book while everyone else is jumping around, you have ADHD.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:15 - 21 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
I did those things too. Not the two screens thing though. Its hard enough to concentrate on one thing, without another thing trying to distract me.

Easy test. Go to a party and have some speed. If you want to sit down and read a book while everyone else is jumping around, you have ADHD.

Haha, might give that a go.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:38 - 21 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone does something naughty? Give it initials and call it an illness. Evil or Very Mad

Now I'm sure there are people who really have whatever disorder the alphabet spaghetti has fallen in today but the vogue of having a medical reason for every transgression masks the IJAC a lot of the youth of today suffer from.

IJAC = I'm just a cunt.

myvision
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:47 - 21 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my brothers started taking money out the change jars and before long he was pawning everything that wasn't locked away.

Your stepson is 22 kick him out or insist on rent.
22 isn't a kid he's a grown man he needs teaching that actions have consequences.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 90 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5