Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hate that bike.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Hate that bike. Reply with quote

So what are the bikes you dislike and why?

Dislike - Honda Shadow 1100
Why - I've ridden one.

Your turn.

Thanks for keeping this going during my drunk stage of the evening, slightly before inebriation.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:37 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

600 diversion.

Boring motorcycle.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:38 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzuki GT500.

Should have been 500cc bundle of 2 stroke joy.

It was a bland ill handling bundle of shite with the worst single front disc in Christendom that put me off Suzuki's for years.

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of any that I've ridden which I've hated, but I can think of some which have been a bit of a disappointment.

Ones I haven't ridden that I have a completely irrational bias against are:

Suzuki SV650. Tbh nothing wrong with it, but it just seems too budget for me, while also being in the highest tax band.

Tatty late 90s or early 2000s ZX6Rs and ZX9Rs. Especially if been resprayed a single solid colour, and have a kawasaki logo put on the tank with the complete wrong orientation.

GSXR 600 SRADs with an iridium screen. This was one of the first sportsbikes I lusted over, but they've dated a fair bit.

Anything with an energy drink sticker or rossi sticker on it.

EDIT: I own a 9R so have ridden it, as well as ridden a 6R.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:45 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzuki x5. Fucking thing threw me so high in the air that it looked like I'd fallen out of a plane or something to the people in the car coming in the opposite direction.

Quote: 'i saw the bike barrelling down the road towards us with no-one riding it and then you startled me by falling out of the sky in front of our car'

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honda CBF1000 Mk1

While I enjoyed this bike for the torque, the engine, the ease of carrying luggage and the comfort, it was plagued with issues on the electrical side of things.

In 47,000 miles, it ate the following -

4 Stators
2 Regulator rectifiers
2 Batteries

There is a well known issue with the stator on the mark one version of this bike. Honda did try a band-aid solution by stating that they'd replace a stator if it failed in the first 7 years of ownership, but they also did the usual thing that they do when anything becomes an issue with a particular bike and released another version.

Here is a picture of just one of the stators that decided to die on me -

https://i.postimg.cc/Xvwr5xbW/IMAG1047-zpsaeaebf11.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the particular stator that fried when I was in the right hand lane of the M4 when it cut out and I managed to sail to the hard shoulder, but I lost all faith after the fourth time it died and chopped it in for a Fazer 8.

It was reliable in every other way apart from that issue. I could live with a recurring issue that didn't render the bike unrideable, but every trip to and from work was met with "I wonder if it'll start"

ಠ_ಠ

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
600 diversion.

Boring motorcycle.

Same here, god awful bike, didn't like it 1 bit

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triumph Speedmaster - had use of one for a day as a 'courtesy' bike.

250kg, 60bhp, limited ground clearance. It was loud and not the master of speed.

https://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201211/2013-triumph-speedmaster-2_1600x0w.jpg

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:16 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honda 400 Superdream.
And there was me thinking the 400 might be a little better than the 250 Doh!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Royal Enfield (any)

350: Woefully underpowered and prone to break under normal use and unreliable; gear selector on wrong side.
500: Underpowered and prone to break under normal use and unreliable.
Himalayan: Underpowered and prone to break under normal use and probably unreliable.
Other RE: probably the same.

I don't like them because I don't trust them, but am still drawn to them because of their looks. If they sold 500 Bullets/Classics with 50hp and Jap reliability I'd love to have one.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ER5... I assumed all bikes were fun to ride, how wrong I was Crying or Very sad
rs700 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:32 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I hate any; there's plenty I wouldn't have, many I find fugly, but if it has two wheels and an engine it's all good.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

biker7
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:57 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any bike which is has poor power to weight ratio. Some 125's can seem nippy and sweet handling - some big bikes sluggish. That being said, a lightish, powerful bike with nice handling is a rarity but most useful when you want to have some real fun! I could forgive a poor performer if it looks fantastic as long as I had something tasty as well. Everyone's dream bike varies so I try not to knock any bike that somebody might love. I do hate trikes because I love filtering but if I was disabled.... I'd love one. When I'm dead, if I were offered an hour back on Earth on a horrible bike - that would be wonderful! No bike at all ....now that really is something I'd hate. Practical and fast is most useful to me - just fast or just practical is too focussed. Maybe that eliminates all adventure bikes and all sports bikes. Oh dear, that's one hell of a lot of bikes. I've had 20 bikes in 10 years and did not hate any of them but some I would not have back. One bike I tested but did not buy was an Enfield Continental - gorgeous looks but performance did not match. Any modern, fast, naked, I would find it hard to hate. Oh, and I love Harley Sportsters!

Last edited by biker7 on 00:19 - 19 Jan 2019; edited 2 times in total

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 23:58 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

NC700X - Boring as fuck, although I'll give it credit for being probably the best at what it's designed to do.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 00:44 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, most of you dislike boring whereas I hate 'tried to kill me'?

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:50 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

SV650. The concept was appealing but a quick test ride gave me the biggest hateboner for a bike I’ve ever had. Slow, boring (most of the ride was spent battering off the rev limiter waiting for something to happen), crap forks, crap callipers, crap shock. It wouldn’t matter but then everyone claimed they were the second coming of the lightweight sportsbike when in fact most 400s and 250’s were far more lulzy and just as fast (or slow depending on your view). I want one to use as a field bike out of spite.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:16 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's why I'm not one of these people that have an automatic hate for parallel twin engined bikes, as some V-twins don't seem to be as magical as they should.

I think the only thing I ever developed any hate for was my modified Peugeot speedfight as when it was tuned to 11-12bhp it exposed how shit the suspension was at both ends, but especially that really stupid single sided front end. The engine was a poor quality Honda copy too, and I struggled to make it deliver even modest power gains, and 11bhp was enough to snap the weak drive belts in a short time too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:52 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Royal Enfield (any)

350: Woefully underpowered and prone to break under normal use and unreliable; gear selector on wrong side.
500: Underpowered and prone to break under normal use and unreliable.
Himalayan: Underpowered and prone to break under normal use and probably unreliable.
Other RE: probably the same.

I don't like them because I don't trust them, but am still drawn to them because of their looks. If they sold 500 Bullets/Classics with 50hp and Jap reliability I'd love to have one.

That's a bit harsh, I loved my 350, oh, it's not the 350 that has the gear selector on the wrong side, it's all other bikes !! I blame the japs !! Laughing Laughing Also, if looked after, my 350 was very reliable, and, could climb any hill you pointed it at, just not very quickly !! Laughing Laughing Not sure I would go for the Himalayan on looks though, now, the new 650 Interceptor, that does look good, and felt right sitting on it the NEC, so, almost certainly going to take for a test ride once they arrive.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:11 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
So, most of you dislike boring whereas I hate 'tried to kill me'?

I think that's called character.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might annoy/confuse a few but I once borrowed a Honda VF750 - not the 'R' - this was the older thing with the smaller front wheel - the wheelbarrow Honda.
Nope! My mate could ride it well but for me it just didn't handle. It really, and I mean REALLY didn't like going around corners. Forget hanging off the seat by a knee - I had to ask people at a bus stop to bend it into a corner..
Nah the bike just didn't handle. Might have been fine on a long distance tour but in normal conditions it was shit.
Funny thing is my mate only had it for 2 months and never did tell me why he sold it..

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

GS500E : How something so slow/under powered and under stressed could be so uneconomical and unreliable I'll never know.

Averaged about 35-45mpg varying depending on the phase of the moon I think (which also seemed to dictate intermittent oil use).

Poor build quality too (had to angle grind every single cheesey nut holding the rear sprocket).

Swapped it to a friends step dad, he had it for a lot longer, ended up changing the engine about 15k miles later after it inexplicably lost compression (apparently even a tear down yielded no obvious reasons why).

Just a plethora of negatives that bike (probably didn't help that I only got it for myself and the ex after selling my CBR 400 Sad).

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

rs700 wrote:
Any Honda ! they are all crap, so devoid of character they advertise them "you meet the nicest people on a honda"
WTF ! they are badly made and unreliable, overweight and unappetizing !

If I was to Fanboy, it would be for Kawasaki, so when I say you're talking shit, it's not as a Honda fan.

Overweight, sure, but badly made? VFR?

Last edited by ThatDippyTwat on 19:53 - 19 Jan 2019; edited 1 time in total

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:48 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it is/was the BSA Bantam.
It was an old field bike, a 175cc bag of nails with wobbly forks and absolutely no guts whatsoever.
To this day I wouldn’t put a Bantam in my garage Sad .
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 88 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11