Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV licence fee going up again.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:03 - 04 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah whatever, I don't care. Laughing

The offence has never been not having a TV license, the offence is TV licence payment evasion.

How comparable it is to murder is a matter of opinion.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 04 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd, I'm sure I remember saying I don't have a TV Licence as I don't watch Live TV - using Netflix and amazon etc and you made it out it was our civic duty to pay ...

Am I remembering this completely wrong?

Thinking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 04 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this video I watched yesterday,the capita goons got themselves into a right mess.The householder got plod to admit that it is a civil offence and not a criminal offence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QnFwLqCQ24

Always have a 'Plan B'

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:58 - 04 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's not true, TV licence payment evasion is a criminal offence.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 04 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are they pushing for offences under the wireless telegraphy act?

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:39 - 04 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
DrSnoosnoo wrote:
mpd, I'm sure I remember saying I don't have a TV Licence as I don't watch Live TV - using Netflix and amazon etc and you made it out it was our civic duty to pay ...

Am I remembering this completely wrong?

Thinking

Don’t think that’s what I would have said. I object to it, but having had a licence for years, it would be a bit obvious if I just stopped paying.

So long as you really never watch live tv, never record it, nor any BBC content, even on demand, you shouldn’t need one.

I’m quite surprised there are people who never, ever do either of those though.

I don't, and haven't for a very long time. I used to be a good girl and frequently bought a licence, until I realised that I hadn't used the tv, at all, from one year to the next. So from 2004 I've been licenceless.
I've got 3 tv's in this house. Still don't need a licence.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 05 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pay the fee but I tried ITV news instead last night, purely because i'm sick of Backstop BBC's.

As a result, at the end I was treated to the clip of the Special One falling over on his Special Arse.

Worth a license fee in itself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 05 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
hedgehugger wrote:

I don't, and haven't for a very long time. I used to be a good girl and frequently bought a licence, until I realised that I hadn't used the tv, at all, from one year to the next. So from 2004 I've been licenceless.

So you never watch live tv at home? No sport even?

I’ve got to admit, I rarely do now, but all I watch is catch up from series links I record from live tv.

Nope. No idea what's on live tv these days. Have never watched sport voluntarily.
So much stuff online a licence isn't needed.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:56 - 05 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
hedgehugger wrote:

So you never watch live tv at home? No sport even?

I’ve got to admit, I rarely do now, but all I watch is catch up from series links I record from live tv.

I get home and the missus is on the Amazon prime thingy on the PS4 watching Grey's Friends or other some such show. She goes off to the make the tea while I play with the boy. We then sit down for food, at the table (this is a new thing since the boy came about -good habits and that) then afterwards we have a play til baby bed time.

When he's asleep, Netflix and watch the current series we're in to (nearly finished Season 3 of Travellers, Punisher next - legit paid for subscription too, might I add).

Live TV is terrible! She'll do the catch up of some channel 4 stuff ... she actually likes Shipwrecked ... I want to bang my head off the wall.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 05 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzer Thou wrote:
In this video I watched yesterday,the capita goons got themselves into a right mess.The householder got plod to admit that it is a civil offence and not a criminal offence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QnFwLqCQ24

It's a high pressure sales tactic to scare people into paying for a service they don't want. Another reason not to pay for TV licence, otherwise you are literally funding the persecuting of the poor, the weak and the vulnerable.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 05 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

CK Wunch wrote:
The right way to do it:
1, get the police in attendance numbers and the number for the local police station
2. Call the station and check both are uniformed officers and both are indeed in attendance.
3. Do the same to the goons.
4. Ask to wait outside while you see a copy of the warrant that you can read. Make sure you only say READ. Leave them outside.
5. Go have a cup of tea. (You can cut the plugs off the tv now if you really wanted to lol) They have no legal power to break in. Make sure you actually read the warrant. If it has errors:
5a If the warrant has errors, hand it back declaring the warrant to be in question, as you have no legal experience you will need to call a solicitor for guidance, please wait outside while you do so Very Happy
6. Tell them you have read the warrant. (say nothing let them speak you dont have to listen just let them speak)
7. Say slowly and carefully "The warrant states You may enter the property to examine television equipment. please enter, and i would like the police to supervise you."
8. As they enter you leave. You will want to wait a few minutes watch them come out all sad, then hit B&Q and buy a pack of plugs Very Happy

Points to note:
1. its a civil matter, no one can stop you leaving.
2. Do not give them a chance to even caution you.
3. It is reasonable to question the validity of the people who call to your home.
4. It is reasonable to be able to read a warrant.
5. private companies have no legal powers, the warrant will only give permission for them to enter and check equipment, it does not give them the right to chase you down the street, it does not instruct you to be present. You cannot obstruct a warrant by not being there.

A cold rainy day is the best to do this, remember leave them outside, a court will not punish you simply because you took the time to check the people at your door were real and the warrant was real, accurate and valid.
Im sorry but the LAW is on your side, locked outside waiting for you to perform reasonable checks is NOT OBSTRUCTION.
No one is going to break the door down and rush inside, if you decide to take the aerial leads away and cut the plugs off your own property that is your choice. If the room is being recorded and they cant plug it in, they are going to be unable to say during the visit it was picking up live feed. The chances of it making it to court are almost zero, but ask many people they will lie if they think they can get away with it.

Then this should all be RECORDED ON VIDEO where possible.

If you do find yourself in court, present the video as a total defence, there is NO way they could possibly PROVE your television or other equipment has live feed if they cant even plug it in Very Happy
And your lawyer *if u can get one will simply have the case thrown out lack of evidence.

Remember the golden rules;
Be respectful but remain in control at all times.
All communication should be through the letterbox until you are satisfied you have made all REASONABLE checks.
ONLY say what is ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED: Who are you, why are you here, please wait while i check, please let me read the warrant.
Record it. (and please upload to youtube.)

This is the only way known to work, as said goons lie some people still find themselves in court, but if you get video of them wiring plugs into tv's or worse stripping wires and using another plug to get the tv to work, the judge is going to be ever so annoyed.

Speak to the judge with respect, ask about compensation for your time. Show the dozens of letters sent by TVL, ask the judge politely if the evidence can demonstrate harrassment and then an attempted prosecution being malicious and the evidence you have provided in your own defence to be considered that TVL are indeed harassing you. And that you wish TVL no malice but would like a restraining order to keep them form communicating with you, and to keep at least 30 meters away from your property in future.

Im not sure a judge would ever grant that, im fairly certain it will never go to court tho, but try if it does go to court, then have the next goon who knocks on your door arrested Very Happy Definately upload that to youtube lmao.

Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:34 - 05 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

some derp wrote:
Points to note:
1. its a civil matter

Points to note:
1. It's not a civil matter and never has been a civil matter.

Those videos are all the same, the TV Licensing people are trying to get the person to slip up.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:23 - 05 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
some derp wrote:
Points to note:
1. its a civil matter

Points to note:
1. It's not a civil matter and never has been a civil matter.

Those videos are all the same, the TV Licensing people are trying to get the person to slip up.

He tried to blag it and it worked.

Personally I don't even own a TV. I'm not even sure what I would do with one.

Ex-CIA Director: "TV turns your brain into cotton candy. Go read a book"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr8G6tt4520

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:40 - 05 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't it depend on the book? In terms of productivity you're probably better off watching a 90 minute film than spending however long reading a crime novel.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 05 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Doesn't it depend on the book? In terms of productivity you're probably better off watching a 90 minute film than spending however long reading a crime novel.

All the most productive content is in books.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:51 - 05 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
M.C wrote:

All the most productive content is in books.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-vrffsdcwm/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/12393/24381/Mills-Boon-Romance-Troublemaker-54134-p__51585.1520118731.jpg?c=2

Question

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:07 - 05 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Bloody biikers get everywhere.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 05 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
hedgehugger wrote:

Nope. No idea what's on live tv these days. Have never watched sport voluntarily.
So much stuff online a licence isn't needed.

You do need a licence even if you watch live tv online or BBC catch up.

I didn't see her mention live TV online. Or the BBC catch up.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:12 - 06 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

If you think BBC is too left wing, the real problem is yourself and your own views which are just so far right that even something as benign as the BBC looks like communism.

If you don't think the BBC is biased to PC liberal leftism, maybe it's your naivety which is the problem?
It's not like they hide the fact, so you need to be pretty blinkered to left wing propaganda to miss it. Do you still watch and listen to it regularly In ChinaChinaChina?

The Guardian being the most widely bought paper at the BBC by a considerable margin, when with the public as a whole it's the least bought national daily, should be enough proof to give you an idea of it's agenda.

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/foi-request-reveals-the-guardian-is-most-popular-newspaper-at-the-bbc/

The agenda is in every BBC commissioned program. Look at Killing Eve. As much as I enjoyed the story, the agenda is staring you in the face. The baddie is a Russian and there's a lesbian under current between the baddie and the main goodie, who's an American Chinese woman married to a Polish immigrant and part of a team with a black woman and a gay man.

HIGNFY is now so far up it's left wing propaganda arse, it's no longer actually funny. As for Al Beeb's other showcase comedies, like the Pakistani bloke with an old Merc and the Irish cross dresser? Do me a favor.

No, the problem is that you and seemiengly most of society has been pushed into thinking right wing conservative values and near-bigotry are the norm.

BBC has been 'progressive' for years, just nobody cared before. Blue Peter always had the superhero disabled kid featured doing some lame performance. Top of the Pops was over-represented by non-white artists. Every TV show I ever saw as a kid wasn't remotely representative of the majority white British populace. Konnie Huq, Dave Benson Phillips, Trish Cooke, Josie d'Arby, Angellica Bell. So much BAME it would look like a leftist liberal conspiracy in today's Britain!

And now yo think that a female Doctor Who and a few gay characters in your favourite TV shows is a sign of the BBC suddenly becoming a bastion of everything that's wrong with society. Perhaps the real issue is that you're such a sucker to rabid right wing press hysteria that you actually believe the shit that gets printed. As far as I can tell, nothing drastic has really happened as far as BBC output goes. You just can't separate fact from fiction, so of course the entire of western society has become a left wing liberal deathscape, of course!

Last edited by Lord Percy on 05:26 - 06 Feb 2019; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 73 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4