Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Toilet rubbish or rubbish toilets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Toilet rubbish or rubbish toilets Reply with quote

We're pretty impressive as human beings, we've invented some amazing things and the future looks incredible what with the latest offerings of flying cars, planes with no moving parts, electric vehicles, nuclear power... the list goes on.

So why the fuck can't anyone design a toilet seat lid that doesn't come loose after being in use for a week! Evil or Very Mad
The number of replacements I've had to buy because they fall apart. The chuffing pain in the arse trying to fit them and get those stupid silver round bits in 'just the right place' before gluing it all together and tightening as much as possible - for it all to then come apart again weeks later.

Not to mention rarely making the out-pipes large enough to accommodate a decent sized poo, or having those stupid tight bends that turn back on themselves to block anything bigger than an ant. WHY!?
I don't think my shits are seriously that much bigger than anyone else's... Shocked
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the avoidance of doubt, none of the following applies to the fragrant Sidney Suntan, but while we're on the subject of toilets, why can't toilet seats be automatically self-lowering after use?

Also, why can't lavs also have a laser/search light facility to help with aiming in the dark or when inebriated?

And another thing, the task of changing a toilet seat is made a million times worse by the yellow crust that forms in and around those nasty chrome bits Puke

Triggered........

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
why can't toilet seats be automatically self-elevating after use?

FTFY... Wink

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:06 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re: Toilet rubbish or rubbish toilets Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
So why the fuck can't anyone design a toilet seat lid that doesn't come loose after being in use for a week! Evil or Very Mad

https://i.imgur.com/u29d2tP.jpg

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a shit the other day that looked like Allah but I got offended by it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I had a shit the other day that looked like Allah but I got offended by it.

That was a shit joke.
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:19 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

fite me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:26 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re: Toilet rubbish or rubbish toilets Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Feasty wrote:

Bradford? Public toilets in East London have people who have erm... missed the bowl with their number 2 as squatting is preferred Confused

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re: Toilet rubbish or rubbish toilets Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

F-A-K-E!!!! Wink

https://www.parsnaz.com/images/2017/12/204624482-parsnaz-com.jpg

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

FTFY... Wink

For when want faecal particles in the air when you flush the loo?

Also, am I the only one that uses a piece of loo roll to open the door after I've washed my hands after using a public toilet?

ಠ_ಠ

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re: Toilet rubbish or rubbish toilets Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
So why the f- can't anyone design a toilet seat lid that doesn't come loose after being in use for a week! Evil or Very Mad
The number of replacements I've had to buy because they fall apart.

Why? You will have to give me a bit more to go on.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap Seats come with Cheap Fixtures.
Buy a better quality seat.

You are welcome.

sensi5446
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:38 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

You are welcome.

Sorry that's bollocks, I use to buy a toilet seat at least once a year, always coming lose or bits braking off. The best available from places like Argos/B&Q etc. cost £20 plus. After checking reviews online I bought 2 (have 2 loos) value range seats from Argos for £5 each, 8 years later and they are still going strong, not once have I had to tighten or fix them and thats 6 in a house including me weighing 16+st sitting on it at least once a day.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up to me to say it then... there must be some fat arses on this forum Wink

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re: Toilet rubbish or rubbish toilets Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Feasty wrote:

AH, French toilets.. why?

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

FTFY... Wink

Hey that's an idea. One that can be programmed for male or female, up or down.

We're onto a winner here!

This time next year Freddy, we'll be millionaires Thumbs Up

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:39 - 08 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re: Toilet rubbish or rubbish toilets Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:

Two words: Armitage Shanks.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:30 - 08 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I am now aware of since being married.

1. There is an incorrect way to put milk back in the fridge.
2. Leaving the top off the toothpaste is a cardinal sin.
3. Buying the cheapest plastic Wilko toilet seat is for the win.

Seriously, £3.99 it never breaks, easy to wipe when my first go of the day sprays everywhere and when it gets loose you just tighten up the plastic threaded nuts. WIN WIN.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:53 - 08 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensi5446 wrote:
MCN wrote:

You are welcome.

Sorry that's bollocks, I use to buy a toilet seat at least once a year, always coming lose or bits braking off. The best available from places like Argos/B&Q etc. cost £20 plus. After checking reviews online I bought 2 (have 2 loos) value range seats from Argos for £5 each, 8 years later and they are still going strong, not once have I had to tighten or fix them and thats 6 in a house including me weighing 16+st sitting on it at least once a day.

£20 for a lavy seat?

There's your problem pal.

Last seat I bought cost me £45. (Soft close seat and lid)
Quick release button for cleaning ones Porcelain.
Cumfy AF. I've spent some quality time on it fite-ing fatties on BCF. Mad

Very Happy

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:32 - 08 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking as a landlord.
I only have Armitage Shanks toilets in my properties because they are really reliable and easy to change parts on.
I see toilet seats as a disposable item so always install cheap but 100% plastic (no metal parts = no pissy rust)
seats and if the tenant wants to put something plusher in that's up to them. I rate Bemis as a loo seat manufacturer
whether that's for their super cheap budget range as above or their soft close options higher in the range.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 08:40 - 08 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
if the tenant wants to put something plusher in that's up to them

https://i.imgur.com/jJIE0Tp.jpg

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 08 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had this, found out that it was my ex who was too lazy to maneuver square on to the seat before sitting down. She would sit on sideways, thus putting sidewards pressure on the fixings. I'm not sure it's a case of cheap seats, more like some fit your toilet well and others don't?

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 08 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OA0UZ8S
This one we bought three years ago for £15 is now £30 partly because it's rather good despite being lightweight.

I think the soft close helps stop accidental damage from dropping etc.
If people stand on them to do imaginative athletic things something will give way sooner or later.
Also if it starts to come loose, tighten it up ASAP.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 08 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baffler186 wrote:
We had this, found out that it was my ex who was too lazy to maneuver square on to the seat before sitting down. She would sit on sideways, thus putting sidewards pressure on the fixings. I'm not sure it's a case of cheap seats, more like some fit your toilet well and others don't?

One of my exes (female) would sit normally and her pee would shoot through the front gap between porcelain and seat. She'd completely ignore it. She wasn't overweight etc.
Ste is itching to drop a filthy image now!

Toilets. Do you not have a local PROPER plumbers merchants nearby? One that only does plumbing?
They'll have heard all of this before and will help you big style - they get feedback from supplying to the trade and will know what's best.
The actual porcelain part is getting worse. Our arses are getting bigger and poops larger. Toilet manufacturers are making them opposite so that they fit into the smaller houses we have these days.
The USA are developing some awesome loos that will flush a house brick and use very little water..

Unfortunately you'll have to invest in this 'project'. It'll be worth it though.
I love a decent loo. I really don't mind cleaning the things because the results are awesome - clean and shiny toilet where you can hide away.
I'd clean toilets for a living, I really would. Not cos of the things Ste posts but because it's a worth while job.

Final words? Bring back the out house. Bring back cast iron, porcelain, wood and brass and best of all bring back a high flush reservoir and handle with chain.
You can't improve on what was the best.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 08 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
grr666 wrote:
if the tenant wants to put something plusher in that's up to them

[img]Image-er. jpg

Latest Weight Watchers Campaign.

Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 69 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3