Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mechanic broken fairing hinge after repair

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Younha
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:19 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Mechanic broken fairing hinge after repair Reply with quote

Hi All,

I just recently got back my CBF125 from the mechanics for an engine rebuild. But however, I notice my seat fairing hinge was broken off after they finished the repair.

I'm I liable to sue or get compensation regarding this? I have proof of before and after photo below:

Reference: before the repair
https://www.flickr.com/photos/169847088@N08/46986723412/in/dateposted-public/

After the repair
https://www.flickr.com/photos/169847088@N08/47038670651/in/dateposted-public/

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tankie
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:35 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back to them and explain your problem nicely Smile and see what they have to say , then show them the evidence and see if they willing to sort out the problem

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah sure, sue the feckers
Just dont show them the pic that shows it was already broken
and about to fall off anyway

https://imgur.com/xAoboKz.jpg[/img]

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:19 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above, it was already hanging by a thread. Why should someone have to pay for an already broken lug?

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
yeah sure, sue the feckers
Just dont show them the pic that shows it was already broken
and about to fall off anyway.

Laughing I was wondering why there was a convenient "before" shot. Naughty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:02 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might have informed you when they were doing the work. Probably didn't notice.

It doesn't look like a hinge. It looks like a lug that holds the front of the fairing onto a metal bracket on the frame.
If they have the broken piece it can be plastic welded to the fairing easily. ABS is common and good body shops should have equipment to fix it.
But I doubt that and would guess the broke piece is in the llocal landfill by now.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:15 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go and have a real rant at them. Show them the before and after photos. Thumbs Up

Please film it for posterity.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 09 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re: Mechanic broken fairing hinge after repair Reply with quote

Pinkoto wrote:
my seat fairing hinge was broken off

Try:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Honda%2DCBF125%2DCBF%2D125%2DTail%2DUnit%2DBRAND%2DNEW%2Dshop/652058029?iid=282746681183

or similar, OR:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHL-500ml-pure-Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone-MEK-Butanone/272038690495?epid=1950877697&hash=item3f56c4febf:g:F8EAAOSw63FZ7Tsn

If you've got the broken-off bit. Using MEK you can repair ABS to "as new". See other posts in the forum.

Younha
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:39 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
As above, it was already hanging by a thread. Why should someone have to pay for an already broken lug?

Oh damn I didn't notice it was slightly chipped off. But I can ensure you that it was stable to the seat - after it was gone the fairing is now insecure

MCN wrote:
They might have informed you when they were doing the work. Probably didn't notice.

They have not informed about the broken piece.

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I was wondering why there was a convenient "before" shot. Naughty.

You never know what they can do with your bike so gotta take some before photos incase they take or damage the bike

Riejufixing Thanks will try to glue it if they have the lug!

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinkoto wrote:
Oh damn I didn't notice it was slightly chipped off.

Oh c'mon - you can see in WD Forte's pic that the crack is already 90% of the way through. Good luck showing that photo to the mechanic
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:21 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a more recent photo?

Was the 20th of October last year the last time you looked at the fairing bracket?

Younha
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:21 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Do you have a more recent photo?

Was the 20th of October last year the last time you looked at the fairing bracket?

Well that was the last photo I have taken, well I guess I cant do anything about it now, that I notice it was already damaged to begin. - Though from time to time I check the compartment and never seen my right fairing going off like that after the repair.

Good spot on those that saw the chipped part. I didn't realise that.

mpd72 CPT wrote:
I don't believe you and doubt they will either.
It's probably just fallen off whilst you were sitting on it. Why on earth would they remove the tail unit to rebuild a simple 125 engine?

I take it you didn't like the same answers you got on here too?

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=69175

Yes, it appears I can't just blame them now. That could also be the possibility might have fallen off while I was riding it. Uh huh, same question on there. Again, did not notice the crackled part from the before photo. I will check whether they have the piece - In my defence, the seat bolt was slightly loose, so I'm sure they have gotten through the seat compartments.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 75 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1