Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Jihadi bride Shamima Begum - not coming home

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:03 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear. Naughty guards. Javid must have got at them.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/shamima-begums-lawyer-visits-syrian-refugee-camp-where-she-is-living-but-is-barred-from-meeting-her-by-guards/ar-BBUThpN?ocid=spartanntp

My heart bleeds The world's smallest violin player, just for you!
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerous business that, getting rid of Lawyers who act for unpopular people.

One of the things that makes us more civilised than most other countries is that anybody, no matter how unpopular, has access to the courts. The second a Government begins to pick and chose who can have representation and who can represent, we move towards totalitarianism.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Must have been so hard for him, but I'm guessing he didn't make the trip at his own expense.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
This country would be better off without him.

I agree, but for us to claim the moral high ground we have to allow idiots like him to practice.

You could equally argue this for the Lawyers of other unpopular figures, but we don't and this is what makes us better than the rest.

Liam_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Diggs wrote:

I agree, but for us to claim the moral high ground we have to allow idiots like him to practice.

You could equally argue this for the Lawyers of other unpopular figures, but we don't and this is what makes us better than the rest.

No, this behaviour is what's making this country worse. This is what's bringing all the third worlds shitheads, criminals and spongers here. It's because we're too soft on them and bend over backwards to change for them, rather than encouraging them to integrate to our way of life.

For once i agree with MPD, We have plenty of cunts in the country exploiting our laws and using loopholes to get around any legal action being taken against them. I'd be quite happy for some people to be bagged and buried in a field somewhere on the QT.
Tommy Robinson, Anjem Choudray for example and there are plenty of others that no one would miss.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

As would I, but then we couldn't claim the moral high ground.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Diggs wrote:
As would I, but then we couldn't claim the moral high ground.

And his does being able to claim moral high ground physically benefit the country and our standard of living?

It depends how you look at it. By accepting that people with views we find repugnant are entitled to the protection of the law, we maintain an open society, democracy and freedom of speech. Once we take this away we are at the mercy of whichever Government happens to be in power and that Government's particular view on what is right and wrong. This is why our judiciary is separate from Government and is a fundamental principle of the way this country operates.

Imagine the scenario of a far left Government with the power to dictate who should have the protection of the law. By your reasoning it should have this power, and should be able to silence whoever it wants to achieve its own ends. Your mate YL would be properly up the creek without a paddle.

The ability of a few undesirables to have their day in court is a price worth paying for the rest of us to benefit from the freedoms we enjoy. Take this away and we slip towards totalitarianism.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two different ways of looking at it, that's all.

Suggesting that immigration is somehow responsible for Parliament's view on Brexit is a bit far fetched though. I think you are getting mixed up with YL's stances on Islam and Brexit and making a link where none exists to support your view.

Are you suggesting that any Government should be able to dictate who's views are heard and who's aren't? This is how you are coming across and it is a tad hypocritical considering your stance on 'freedom of speech' in relation to Nazi sympathising pastry-cutter owning couples who like to dress as clansmen.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to hear views from people who disagree with me but I accept that they have the right to be heard unless they are intended to incite violence.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
we maintain an open society, democracy and freedom of speech

I'm going to side with you here Diggs as these are things I want to. UNLESS Brexit is either rescinded or turded through.

Then I'll have to finally admit democracy is dead Sad

BTW revisit this thread in a couple of years and see how wrong the title is (after millions spent in court).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:20 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
the police are not allowed in the Mosques

Interesting if true.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
the police are not allowed in the Mosques

Interesting if true.

Not quite the same thing, but a few years ago there was a channel 4 documentary where they secretly filmed the (then?) leader of the Muslim council of Britain giving a lecture/speech on how to to beat women and keep them in their place and extremism etc.

The film was given to the police who decided their time was better suited to try and do channel 4 for inciting racial hatred and illegal collection information.

In the end Channel 4 took the police to court and won, but the Police and CPS tried their damnedest to shut up the documentary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undercover_Mosque

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:44 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was ‘brainwashed’ and want a second chance

https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/is-bride-shamima-begum-i-was-brainwashed-and-want-a-second-chance-11364352271140

You just know she will be allowed back soon.

Then there are the males who were out there. If she's allowed back, so should they be (not that I want them) because 'brainwashing'. Rolling Eyes

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:25 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was she brainwashed or did she act with free will? Remember that at the age of 15 she was still an impressionable kid who's life experience probably didn't extend further than silent lady-wanks to Zayn Malik.

I think she was misguided rather than brainwashed.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:03 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

That applies to all Muslims. As much as you preach it, this doesn't mean they should be immune from prosecution, penalty or criticism though.

Even on a Tuesday morning with much better things to do, you can't resist a misguided dig!!! I bet you are a whole bundle of fun to live with Shocked

To clarify even though it doesn't need it, I have never argued that Muslims should be immune from prosecution, penalty or criticism because of their faith or the way they choose to live their lives.

Don't you think its time you got laid, to work out some of your angst?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:16 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Was she brainwashed or did she act with free will? Remember that at the age of 15 she was still an impressionable kid who's life experience probably didn't extend further than silent lady-wanks to Zayn Malik.

I think she was misguided rather than brainwashed.

Trouble is kids grow up so quick nowadays.

We have had people campaigning for kids of 14 to be allowed to vote if we have another referendum as 'it's their future'.

So if they are well informed enough for that, they are well informed for other responsibilities. If they aren't, then the 18 adult cut off should apply in all cases, treated as a child under that and an adult over it.

Personally I think they knew what they were doing. To plan something like that isn't a spur of the moment decision. They had plenty of time to reconsider.

I don't disagree with Javid doing what he did if it means the same happens to the actual fighters and they don't get to come home as well.

Anyway, I still think she will get back here in the end just because we are stupidly soft on wrong doing and the SJW's need a new martyr.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dianne wants her back. Therefore she should come back Hand

Blair probably does too.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 362 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10