Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Jihadi bride Shamima Begum - not coming home

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:29 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Dianne wants her back. Therefore she should come back Hand

Blair probably does too.

Diane is probably having a conflict of conscience. The girl is very white in some photos.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd go white if someone strapped a bomb to me. Pale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I don't disagree with Javid doing what he did if it means the same happens to the actual fighters and they don't get to come home as well.

Thing is, plenty of fighters have already come back, figures earlier this year showed only 1 in 10 have been prosecuted
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that British citizens in this situation should come back, they should come back and face the full force of the law. Why should other countries have to put up with them.

Problem is, with the hand wringers, they'd face the full farce of the law instead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:47 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'd get back and their lawyers would prove that they were in fact St. Blair.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem would be securing convictions. From a mile away one bloke in a shemagh firing an AK74 looks very much like the next bloke.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to know how much money and manpower is being set aside to watch these returning people.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:56 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not as much as taxpayer funded legal aid, paying the lawyers to get them back.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Probably not as much as taxpayer funded legal aid, paying the lawyers to get them back.

Incorrect.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:26 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

In what way? When she launches her legal appeal, is she going to pay for it herself?

Or did you mean that it will cost a lot more to watch potential suspects?

I'm guessing that lawyer guy doesn't come cheap.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:02 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
In what way? When she launches her legal appeal, is she going to pay for it herself?

Or did you mean that it will cost a lot more to watch potential suspects?

I'm guessing that lawyer guy doesn't come cheap.

Legal aid isn't the suckling teat it once was. NQ Solicitors working for a legal aid firm get less wages than you do for working on the bin wagons. The rates are out there, you only Need to Google.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 04 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ This. Getting legal aid isn't easy and straightforward if say you're skint.
It amazes me sometimes when I see certain people getting legal aid these days because they can clearly afford it - must have paid for top barristers to fight a case to leg legal aid to fight a case!

I think she'll get something like a no win no fee that's initially funded by family or supporters. Their (top) legal team will fight the return case for her and will include their own fees into the final decision. The losing side paying ie the tax payer.
I also think she'll claim for compensation for distress and victimisation by the UK. Why her and not everyone else too for example. She'll bag £2 million compen, spend it on food/surgery/black things and then return to the war zone..

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:11 - 04 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so just to clarify for me. If you request (and get) legal aid, does that mean that you have no choice of your lawyer, you are just assigned one?

If that's the case then presumably as you both say, she/family/gofundme will have to fund it because they want that super guy that gets everyone off.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 04 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
OK so just to clarify for me. If you request (and get) legal aid, does that mean that you have no choice of your lawyer, you are just assigned one?

If that's the case then presumably as you both say, she/family/gofundme will have to fund it because they want that super guy that gets everyone off.

You can choose from a limited pool. One of the things failing Grayling did was remove your free choice of firm, by putting tenders out, as well as slashing the fees.

You know how people complain about immigrants taking their jobs? Same sort of principal, the massive factory type firms who operate call centre style setups were the ones who could get that. Like the claims management companies, it's just a conveyor belt. Read up on Grayling's legal aid reforms.

If you also wish to consider this, now a law grad will leave uni with probably £30k of debt, then on top of that they would have to fork out a further £10-15k which they usually can't get student loans for, before they go to work on NMW in a legal aid firm as a training contract.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 14 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the article tell you who the sources are?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:38 - 14 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it have been written to justify the Government's decision not to allow her to come back to the UK? If it wasn't, I bet its publication has made Javid's day....

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:04 - 14 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Does the article tell you who the sources are?

Read the article.

"The information was said to have been gleaned by allied spy agencies, believed to be the CIA and Dutch Military Intelligence - from other Western ISIS converts. It is not known if Begum was a willing participant."

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:34 - 15 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for her to have some legal aid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47934721

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:36 - 15 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
bhinso wrote:

You can choose from a limited pool. One of the things failing Grayling did was remove your free choice of firm, by putting tenders out, as well as slashing the fees.

Obviously not as she has her desired lawyers AND legal aid. Evil or Very Mad

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 15 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Getting legal aid isn't easy and straightforward if say you're skint.

But it is if you're #letmebackyoucnut
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 349 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10