Hi everyone

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:29 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a Guardian Bell?
Have you noticed that some motorcycles have a tiny decorated metal bell dangling from beneath? Perhaps you saw it on a parked bike, or a bike you've been working on, or perhaps someone gave it you as a gift. They don't just look cool, they have a very important purpose and a tradition that goes back almost as long as there were bikers roaming the roads of lands remote and near.

Some people call them Gremlin Bells, some Guardian Bells or even Spirit Bells. They got their name a) because they are bells, and b) because they have magical powers that bring good luck to a biker and his bike, keeping them safe from evil spirits that can harm them while on the road. These evil spirits or creatures called "gremlins" lurk the roads, preying on bikers passing by, trying to find ways to cling to their motorcycles and cause mischief. Falling over, wrecking, engine stalling, tree branches falling, dead battery, mechanical problems on a lonely road where no one is around to help... Yup, all the work of gremlins.

Perhaps you've even heard a biker and a mechanic mumbling: "gremlins" when there's an unusual motorcycle problem that no one can diagnose. They weren't joking.

What is a Gremlin Bell for?
So, how does a gremlin bell work? It looks like the gremlins can't stand the ringing sound of the metal bell due to their supersensitive hearing. They either hear the bell far from the distance and hide, waiting for the next "unlucky" biker without the bell. Or, if they've already clung to the bike (because they love to ride along and are happy to cause damage), they are captured in the hollow of the bell. The bell starts ringing during the drive, so they go crazy, releasing their grip and falling off to their death.

And the proof of their existence and death? But the pot holes, of course! The ones who are not familiar with the legend of the gremlin bell tend to curse the pot holes, but the ones with true knowledge know what they mean. A brave, anonymous biker strolled the road with his mighty bell fighting off gremlins and making the road safe for other fellow bikers who pass by the same place.

These biker bells are a strong tradition among the members of the Harley community.Rumor has it that the gremlins especially like the Harleys, so Harley guardian bell is something they take very seriously. However, other cruisers and touring bike riders also feel strongly about it. These are a lot of stories and claims of road troubles without the talisman. Some firmly believe in them, others not so much. However, although even when the belief is not very strong, no one wants to temp the faith, so a bell is always a must. Besides, if the pot holes are not enough proof, then nothing will be. Something does cause them, and nobody can deny that!

Gagged

There are rules about these small bells.

https://i.imgur.com/SEZBi01.gif

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra Jell wrote:
Anyway, do any of you know where I can buy an authentic gremlin bell in the UK?

Everyone knows you don't buy yourself a Gremlin Bell.

It has to be a gift. From a friend.

You will not ever get a Gremlin Bell.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:47 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We Found 7 Clips With "Gremlin Bell"

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

When do I get my essay then?
C'mon Shut up and take my Money...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Extra Jell
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:15 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, OK, I see I went about this the wrong way. My bad.

First, to clear up any confusion, I'm not a sock or a troll on a wind-up, although I see how I might be seen as one.

I was sort of hoping someone would take the hint when I mentioned gremlin bells. I respect bikers but won't ask my mate Dave (he's a doorman) about this stuff in case he socks me one in the face. He's a real biker who rides a Harley. I don't know much about bikes but I like all the Harleys. Can't stand those crap things with screens on them. Dave took off the screen from his bright green bike the other day to make it a Harley, and it was real evil! I did a hardcore death metal thrash solo in my head when I saw it. But yeah, I was hoping someone would take the hint, like maybe I could get someone some leather trousers from Ebay or something, then wait for the post in case someone had sent something for me, but I didn't want to seem pushy.

Already got a full box set of Sons, and am keeping up with Mayans, etc. Also been watching Youtube a lot lately. Channels like Dibber in the Wind, etc. so I know I have to go about things the right way and through the right channels. Hate all the fake bikers you seem to see nowadays. Looked up the licence laws and may take my CBT test and get myself some metal studded forearm bracers, as they're just too cool! Will ask you lot here first before wearing them outside the house of course.

Last edited by Extra Jell on 16:27 - 25 Feb 2019; edited 1 time in total

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peanut Butter Jell?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:36 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove your avatar.

Riding a Harley does not make someone a biker.

We can help you choose some leather trousers from eBay though if that's your thing?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:39 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You fucking racist piece of crap Mad

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:40 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuk u anorl

fite

https://i.imgur.com/NTszR3p.png

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans wrote:
Extra Jell wrote:
Anyway, do any of you know where I can buy an authentic gremlin bell in the UK?

Everyone knows you don't buy yourself a Gremlin Bell.

It has to be a gift. From a friend.

You will not ever get a Gremlin Bell.

I bought a bike that had one... 6 weeks later I wrote it off. Needless to say the bell went in the bin Smile

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the fuck is a Gremlin Bell ?
And no I DON'T want to google it Mad

I want Peanut Butter Jelli to tell me Wub

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:07 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra Jell wrote:

First, to clear up any confusion, I'm not a sock or a troll on a wind-up, although I see how I might be seen as one.

I find that hard to believe ....

Extra Jell wrote:

Dave took off the screen from his bright green bike the other day to make it a Harley

... since you apparently don't know what a fucking Harley even is.

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 19:47 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/844/770/e9d.jpg
Extra Jell This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass the popcorn Wub Pass the popcorn Wub Pass the popcorn
Kentol750 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Fallout
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with this trollage is the use of decent grammar and spelling, while writing stuff that could only come from the brain of a nincompoop. If only you'd backed it up with a retarded level of English skills, you could've passed for a simpleton. As it stands, it's too transparent.

I would wait a month or two, rejoin, then use lots of LOLs and "I dont get wot you meen m8!" type stuff, and people might fall for it. But it looks like you've given up and are now going for the exposed finale, which is cool. I'm awarding credits for creativity. Pass the popcorn

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:10 - 25 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have thought Arcane would be bored by now...

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 26 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Arcane?. Bless his idiot socks!

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:32 - 26 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for their final posting - I reckon it'll be a Lemon Party image or decent grammar telling us to go multiply (because they had us going all along.. yawn)

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 10:24 - 26 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Han Solo approaches the creature with a loaded bucket of water.... "It's not a Gremlin Bell, it's an Ewok in a gimp-mask... TRUST ME! And that aint no Harlee....... just a hairdryer with a paint job" he says pointing at the wreckage of the hover-skootah poking out the undergrowth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:26 - 26 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra Jell wrote:
Saw this black guy on a bike the other day. Just didn't seem right

rasis Thumbs Down

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:56 - 26 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be a man, I'll meet you anywhere.

Come on, where do you wanna meet?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 26 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me back you fucking racist piece of shit shit troll motherfucker
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 59 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2