Pre-emptive cleaning

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 01 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MisterPrice1000 wrote:

Ive not heard of fallout remover before, any particular one recommended?

Iron X is well thought of although I use the Bilt Hamber Korrosol myself. It is a once a year job, maybe twice if you're
spamming the brakes the whole time. I would apply after cleaning the brake dust off with bilberry (acid free) wheel cleaner.

Here's a video of some snake oil doing absolutely fuck all Rolling Eyes

While I agree that some of the products are ridiculously expensive you can get good products which work well at sensibubble
prices. As with all detailing stuff, buying stuff that works for you in larger sized containers is the best way to keep cost down.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:28 - 01 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MisterPrice1000 wrote:
Thanks again for the advice

This is going to be an all weather bike, which is why I'm hoping to get it as protected as possible while it's still as clean as can be!

Has anyone used the ACF grease in a tube? Just wondered if there is any point in putting that around the electrical connections and rubbers etc or if I'm just duplicating my workload

I bought a tube of the ACF grease, it was quite cheap, last year my side stand rusted in the weld where it sticks out from under the bike cover, this year with a blob of the grease it hasn't been affected.

EazyDuz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:00 - 01 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MisterPrice1000 wrote:
Really liking all of these suggestions so far so thanks!

I'm gonna get myself some fusso wax and some acf spray as well as some dielectric grease I think!

Ive not heard of fallout remover before, any particular one recommended?

As for the fusso wax I'm guessing it's the anti-corrosion one that they do, I finally worked something out for myself hahaha

No, the one you want is called Soft99 you can get it for light or dark paint. It doesn't do anything except make the bike look glossy, protect the paint and is an incredible water repellent which makes cleaning it easier. I even apply it to the windows on my car and it acts like Rain X, water just beads and slides off, check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yX9cFDE2LA

Its around £25 for a tin, but if you only use it on your bike the tin will outlast the bike, a little goes a long way.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 58 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2