Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I made a huge mistake. I want my R6 back. Advice?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:50 - 13 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at your biking history, how did the transition from a 300 to a sporty 600 go? That said, 600 to 1000 is a much bigger step.

Meef wrote:
I don't feel like I have anything in common with this bike like I did with the R6. There were a couple days where it got up to 20 degrees and bone dry out on the roads, so I did "go nuts" on those days and push limits in some country lanes.

I felt slower, more nervous, and the bike felt clumsy at a more intense pace and at that level of pushing it. I didn't feel like I could trust where it would "go" or what it'd do at lower lean angles.

Getting my knee down in places I was extremely familiar with felt difficult on the S1000RR, and in some places impossible and I couldn't understand why I was essentially riding slower on a "better" bike.

Basically you'd mastered a 600, maybe got over-confident (I'm speaking from experience) and now you've got some 1000cc lessons to learn. It's a good thing! I found turn-in entirely different, emphasised by the fact that you're arriving at a corner that much faster and braking points are different. 1000 suspension was stiffer too, which wasn't great on typical roads. I tended to ride the torque on the 1000 instead of revving it. It coped easily but knocking it down a gear and revving it more helped release its character. Now I ride each bike differently.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 00:00 - 14 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still missing the big fzr so I know what you mean

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:41 - 14 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I guess you really enjoyed "destroying oil and blowing up engines"? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 00:48 - 14 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I guess you really enjoyed "destroying oil and blowing up engines"? Laughing

Destroying the oil was a giggle cause I was riding it whilst it happened but the blowing up of the engines (plural) was a bit of a shitter.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:33 - 14 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ridden all sorts of bikes, ranging from a CG125 to a GSXR1000, an R1, a FireBlade. Although, I've not ridden a ZX10R or a S1000RR.

The most fun bikes for me are still those that make approximately 50-120bhp. More than that and you start to feel like you can't use the power, and you have to hold back on that right wrist. This is why I have the Street Triple, Buell, KR1S and CBR600RR. The CBR is purely a track bike (although it is road legal) and it's great for what I use it for, but I'd still rather ride the Street Triple on the road (similar weight, dynoed at 107bhp).

I'd like to try a BMW S1000R sport but I think I'll end up not wanting the extra power so I don't think I'll end up taking the plunge.

The one caveat to that is for commuting when the ULEZ expands I will need to swap the VFR for something else, and I'm thinking either Z1000SX or GSX-S1000F as I need wind protection, range and comfort but I still want something fun. I don't really fancy a BMWF800GT or something like that, and so an excuse to get 150bhp+ is not needed. They aren't the best looking, and my sportsbike sensibilities are slightly harmed by them, but seeng as I really like the VFR for commuting right now it would seem a logical move.

sensi5446
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:05 - 14 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

t121anf wrote:
rpsmith79 wrote:
It depends on the sort of finance you took out to purchase the S1000RR, as i know on PCP you can do a Voluntary Termination (VT), but only after you have paid back at least 50% of the balance due, and if not you will have to make up the balance to that 50% before you can terminate

Quote:
Voluntary Termination rights mean that as long as you have paid more than half of the balance due, including interest and charges owed – or make up the difference to that 50% – you can return the vehicle to the finance company. This works in a similar way for Hire Purchase schemes.

Be aware, however, that you won’t get anything back if you’ve paid more than 50% of the total due.

If the car is worth more than the remaining payments, you could be better off paying a settlement figure to buy the car and then selling it – provided you can access the funds to do this.

https://www.parkers.co.uk/car-finance/advice/2016/pcp-car-finance-can-i-get-out-early/

You can pay off PCP finance at any time, the voluntary termination is about handing the vehicle back to simply stop making payments. This won't be the case as the OP has only had it for 4 months.

All OP needs to do is ring, ask for a settlement figure then either
1 - get a loan and pay of finance, sell bike, pay off loan (as said by someone else)
2 - advertise bike as clearly as possible, explaining that the finance will be settled when it's sold. This is done by the buyer once the seller as instructed the finance company to talk to the buyer. It relies no a degree of trust, but it must happen all the time with most vehicles now sold on finance (i'm sure this is that happens in a dealer at trade in too)

My PCP contract on my car states the finance company (VW) will chase me for the cash and not repossess the car if I failed to pay. I called them to ask as I plan to sell and they told me I am the legal owner and can sell when I like but legally should make it clear to any new owner that the car is on PCP and will be paid off when sold. I asked if the new owner would have any worries about the car being taken back if I didn't pay and they said no, they would chase me not the car.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 36 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2