Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BAOTION MONZA 125 T-21 FRONT DISC BREAK PAD replacement x

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Karl Peter Smith
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:20 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: BAOTION MONZA 125 T-21 FRONT DISC BREAK PAD replacement x Reply with quote

Chinese Scooter 125cc Baotion Monza Front Disc Brake Pad replacement SUCCESS.

...not covered by the 'Chinese Taiwanese & Korean Scooters 50,100,125,150 & 200 xx Twist and Go' - Haynes 4768 Manual.
(which shows two holes on the brake pads..and not just a single central one)

So... here is what I'm sharing for OWNERS with similar models...

The SOLUTION IS TO BUY... BRAKE PADS MHR Malossi
Baotion Monza 50/125 4 T Malossi MHR Front Disc Pads
...fit my Baotion Monza 125 T-21

TAKE ONE... (see pic#1 at bottom of page) they rattled... were not as wide... and even with MINTEX CERA TEC lube on the rear they still were not correct.

TAKE TWO... the Malossi worked a treat after i took a layer of paint off them to make sure they moved correctly (see pic#2 below) minor adjustment x

HISTORY: My WORN PADS ceased to PRESS AND BRAKE due to incorrectly fitted pads overlapping the edge of the DISC that it was supposed to be braking-upon... wearing unevenly see pic#1.

I'm STOKED that these MALOSSI pads work Smile I'm HAPPY ! Just sharing.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:07 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any reason why you didn't just get the oem ones or is the scooter designed to be thrown away when something wears out?

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baotion? break?
It's
Baotian and Brake

Surprised that bastard Nobby didn't pick you up on that
This forum's dyin......

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

More importantly how did you paint such a nice arrow on the ground?
Whenever I paint things on the path outside, usually to stop the
neighbours leaving their bins where mine ought to go I get rough edges.

Not that the council care mind you, I've complained till I'm blue in the face but they
just tell me not to paint on the pavement.
The neigbours moan about getting paint on their shoes but if they'd only put
their bins out properly and looked where they're stepping this wouldn't be an issue would it?

Mind you their so called recycling is just wine bottle and cans so they're probably alcoholics
and I saw plastic margerine tubs and bottles in their black bin that should go into green bins
if they bothered to get one which kind of confirms it.

Masking tape, do you use that perhaps? I might try that

Karl Peter Smith
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:44 - 16 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Baotian.

As for Break/Brake... Yeah you got me on that title error... And this was my third attempt to POST this article and I nearly gave up on the process. [And you shouldn't start a sentence with 'And'... or over-use ellipses, but this isn't a screenplay.]

As for WHY I didn't order the OEM brakes... (i did, see below) [See what i did there i used a lower case 'i', and more than once Wink ]

It was 3rd-hand and came with a 50cc 2-stroke Model Manual and mine is the 125 cc 4-stroke. [The OEM brakes in the manual it came with were WRONG. My first brake purchase was based on the OEM in that Chinese Scooter manual.] And it came from the 'York CBT Rider Training School'... so why would I question them being the wrong brakes. [rhetorical]

Even the British EXPERTS Haynes didn't cover the brakes of this model... hence the whole point of this article. To help those who ALSO can't find the brakes for this model in the Haynes manual... the one created by the experts (that didn't cover this model... Oh... as the model came out AFTER the manual was printed. No way Sherlock.)

If the MOD wishes to correct the above spellings then please do... and while they're at it they may wish to inform Baotian & Haynes that they missed a bit of info regarding the brakes of this model. Or was that the whole point or my trying to say it here. LOL

PS: WMD Forty... love the comedy Smile (See what I did there?)

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:14 - 16 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've had a stroke. I don't understand what's going on..

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:29 - 16 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you bought pads that were specified in an manual for a completely different bike and expected them to fit.

Are you a trump supporter by any chance?

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:51 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, give the guy a break, he had a problem, has resolved it and has now spent time and effort to share his experience with us. It's not the guys fault that the Haynes manual was wrong ( well thats never happened before) . The oil seals supplied for my Cagiva were wrong from every supplier until I spent ages poring over a catalogue with the dimensions in and came up with the correct part number. Like wise I was told the rear shoes werent available, oh yes they are , but specced for a different bike. It can be satisfying to sort a problem out for your self. How else are you going to learn how to fix stuff?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve the grease wrote:
Hey, give the guy a break, he had a problem, has resolved it and has now spent time and effort to share his experience with us. It's not the guys fault that the Haynes manual was wrong ( well thats never happened before).

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:40 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that "Young" versions of existing properties are very popular. "Young Sheldon", "Young Sherlock Holmes", "Young Indiana Jones", "Young Doctors" and the OP... "Young Tef".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 33 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1