Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ABS videos or data

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

invigiator
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:00 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: ABS videos or data Reply with quote

Does anyone have any links to good videos or data on head to head ABS versus expert/pro rider?

What I mean is that (let's restrict it to straight line braking for now) an expert rider can out-brake ABS in the dry, but I'd love to know stuff like by how much, how expert, what about in the wet, etc.?

Weirdly couldn't find anything on this from a web search (maybe I'm just bad). This sort of thing was popular when ABS was new on bikes, but maybe not now.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:06 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Re: ABS videos or data Reply with quote

invigiator wrote:
Does anyone have any links to good videos or data on head to head ABS versus expert/pro rider?

What I mean is that (let's restrict it to straight line braking for now) an expert rider can out-brake ABS in the dry, but I'd love to know stuff like by how much, how expert, what about in the wet, etc.?

Weirdly couldn't find anything on this from a web search (maybe I'm just bad). This sort of thing was popular when ABS was new on bikes, but maybe not now.

An experienced rider can outbrake early ABS systems (ten years ago or so) but I don't think they can any more. And by experienced I'm talking successful TT racer level.

I do remember a video with Pete Boast as I recall, but I suspect nowadays they'd be boring as they'd show the ABS equipped bikes as always winning. Plus all new bikes have to have ABS now so it's not like we have a choice any more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rs700
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:10 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABS has changed a lot, it was easy wet or dry to beat the early types of ABS on a bike or car. The newer types are getting better but still not as good as me ! lol
All these EUwank legislation was and is designed to make more sales for gemanwank industries imho. Protection of the 4th reich is their main aim.
They wont film their efforts because it will PROVE that a good rider is better than the eurowank ABS (why would they do that ?). Just like vacuum cleaners limited to under 1000 watts, the european army, bank transaction taxes, EU standards etc to protect german jobs at the expense of other uk jobs. The project EU just keeps on rolling.....

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st June 2004:
"Since I can't be bothered to read the " Rules & Guidelines for Posting" I'm afraid I'm gone from here before I get moderated out. No bad feelings, this just isn't the place for me. Too uptight"

Returned after a 15 year flounce. Impressive Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

invigiator
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:30 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Returned after a 15 year flounce. Impressive Thumbs Up

Oh! Wow. So this is actually my second post! I had no idea that I had made an account here before. I think I just logged in by accident thinking this was another forum I've recently joined.

Looks like a mod was an arse about not reading the small print on avatar sizes before joining last time. Nice to see you're determined to set the same welcoming tone again. Nice place this.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:35 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

invigiator wrote:
Looks like a mod was an arse about not reading the small print on avatar sizes before joining last time. Nice to see you're determined to set the same welcoming tone again. Nice place this.

Bye! See you in 15 years Wub

That means however that you probably have the same password as you did 15 years ago if you've also made one with similar creds on another forum.

Thats lols.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:09 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

invigiator wrote:

Actually, I wouldn't have deleted your avatar twice, but quite likely another mod did, you re-uploaded the avatar without reading the rules right next to the bit where you upload the avatar, then I deleted.

The system probably penalised you more for a second offence in a short time - I don't have access to the karma system or how it affects people.

Other people had commented to try and help you, rather than criticise, but you took offence and flounced.

Anyway, on to ABS...
In a straight line in good conditions - it should be pretty hard to lock up the front, unless you're really cack handed. So an okay rider should only benefit from the anti-stoppie aspects of ABS I'd have thought, which I'd think would be pretty marginal.

In the wet or in a corner, I can see there's massive potential for improvement with decent systems.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:23 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounce 2:The return of the flounce?

I'm looking forward to the third installment, provisionally titled 'Flounce 3:the phantom flounce'.

Jim Mc
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:22 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

They couldn't even outbrake ABS in the early days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6kO6ltk3a0

Hard to believe this vid is 10 years old, I remember watching it when it came out.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly as old as when OP first flounced.

(Sorry couldn't resist Sad )
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 25 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1