Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mandatory black boxes and speed limiters by 2022

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 27 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes sense to limit cars to 70mph, since the speed limit is 70mph. If that is too low then increase the speed limit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 27 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't bother me . Never been able to afford a new car anyway and chances are I probably never will 🤣🤣 my 2006 vivaro is shit slow anyway I think they must have already fitted me with one 😁

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 27 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
It makes sense to limit cars to 70mph, since the speed limit is 70mph. If that is too low then increase the speed limit.

And you’ll be happy for the government to restrict your bikes too? How about making it law that you can only have 3 units of alcohol a day?

How about going the whole hog and making any fun being punishable?

Is there nothing you occasionally like to do as a responsible adult, which is above the law but you make an informed decision to slightly stray offside in a safe manor every so often? Ever smoked weed, gone over the speed limit when safe?

You’re advocating removing freedoms.

Aren't you the one who thinks EVERYONE should have an ID card, thus removing that freedom?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice selfie, I guess that means you're feeling a little bit dumb, having been proven a hypocrite yet again.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting slightly back on track..

If they're 'making roads safer' then surely they'll up the current speed limits because it is actually safer?
The Germans enjoy some higher limits, France too, or are we more fragile and easily scared in this country?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Getting slightly back on track..

If they're 'making roads safer' then surely they'll up the current speed limits because it is actually safer?
The Germans enjoy some higher limits, France too, or are we more fragile and easily scared in this country?

They'd be better off making compulsory retests, the standards of driving I've witnessed are beyond shocking, sometimes on a daily basis.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
This thread has gone in a strange direction.

What mandatory speed limiters have to do with Muslims is a mystery to me.

Diggs wrote:
It takes a brilliant mind to link the two. I tip my hat to you, sir.

OK I've had all day to think, and the best I can come up with is.
Fewer infidels might be killed in car rammings cos presumably you want to be going as fast as possible in such a case?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

And you’ll be happy for the government to restrict your bikes too? How about making it law that you can only have 3 units of alcohol a day?

Is there nothing you occasionally like to do as a responsible adult, which is above the law but you make an informed decision to slightly stray offside in a safe manor every so often? Ever smoked weed, gone over the speed limit when safe?

Considering we're talking about black boxes & vehicles, what has alcohol consumption got to do with anything, other than, I'm all for lowering the drink drive limit. Or, are you saying you would be happy for the law to relaxed around drink driving/riding, perhaps you are.If they are restricting cars, then, in all fairness, bikes should also be restricted, as long as the same options to override the limits are also kept.

Anyhway, from what you've said, with the distinct lack of pubs in Luton, you'd struggle to get to 3 units of alcohol in a day, so, all academic really.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Nah, it was more to do with the things I like in life, free speech, a weekend drink and petrol powered vehicles are being eroded and made illegal by the rise of the hard left in this country.

So, you are in fact advocating, getting pissed up at the weekend, and then getting behind the wheel whilst pissed. Mmm, well,not much left to be said to that

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

You're advocating removing freedomz too. You're saying there should be one speed limit for people willing to pay a £100 fine, and another for everyone, which is pretty dumb. You either want a limit, or you don't. If you do, then whether its implemented by a fine, or by a limiter, or both is irrelevant.

Limit too low? Not a problem, increase it. Want a variable limit that changes with vehicle and road conditions? Not a problem, argue for that. Or have a limit which isn't a limit if you can explain why you felt like it wasn't a limit on that particular day. Whatever you feel like choosing I just want the written law to reflect that accurately.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:13 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
All this will do is push more of the knob heads causing the accidents to drive illegally with no Bg Brother boxes as well as no insurance, tax or MOT.

Good.
Maybe some people will start taking the right to travel more seriously.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:31 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still pissing myself laughing at the fact that he is complaining about others removing freedoms, when he advocates the use of compulsory ID cards, that is a very big step towards a police state and he's not bright enough to see it.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:34 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

I've had 3 points in 40 years of having a full licence. I've never been involved in an accident, ever, in over 500,000 miles. I;m quite capable of knowing when it;s perfectly safe to slightly travel over 70mph on a quiet road, without the need of the government dictating I can't with a physical mandatory restriction.

There's at least two lies in that short paragraph. Laughing would you like to own up to them?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, linuxyeti.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it OK to agree with everyone??

Back to driving:
I think a far better way to deal with accidents is not to address speeding and more to address sh*t driving in the first place. We've all seen prime examples of it. No indicators, stupid U turns in flowing traffic, mobile phone use etc etc.
What we've lost in this country is that high standard of driving. We've also lost the ability to bollock bad drivers - so few police now so it's little wonder that things have gone the way they have.

My final word might irk some people but I'm going to say it anyway: Foreigners in this country and driving. They're bringing with them those sh*t standards of motoring and it's all too obvious to see.

Sure speeding often comes into crashes but for me I reckon making those with bad driving habits resit a driving test is enough to fix the current real problems we have on our roads. With many people the fine just doesn't deter them. It needs to look at other ways of punishment.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:03 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Is it OK to agree with everyone??

I don't agree to that. Tut Tut

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:05 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
With many people the fine just doesn't deter them. It needs to look at other ways of punishment.

That's certainly an issue with insurance. Why bother when it would take about 20 convictions and fines to equal insurance prices for some.

I also know some will paid Nigerian Shipping people in UK who just buy a car and drive it. No insurance, nothing, so it's not just a financial incentive not to bother. I've never heard of them getting done either.

Is the answer personal plates with test and insurance part of getting issued that plate. Barcoded so cloning is next to impossible. Renewable each year on line?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have appropriate licence, insurance, tax, MOT you get given a card.

In order to fill up at a petrol station you need to present this card.

Inb4 Black market on Petrol/diesel/electricity/cow farts etc..

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 28 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
mpd72 CPT wrote:

I've had 3 points in 40 years of having a full licence. I've never been involved in an accident, ever, in over 500,000 miles. I;m quite capable of knowing when it;s perfectly safe to slightly travel over 70mph on a quiet road, without the need of the government dictating I can't with a physical mandatory restriction.

There's at least two lies in that short paragraph. Laughing would you like to own up to them?

As you seem to be confused according to your rating, I doubt you've held a full licence since the age of 7, and you put up on here about having an accident where you run into the back of your ethnically challenged friend, not to mention you falling off on a racetrack.

Happy to help.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 41 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3