Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Need advice on GSXR 1000's?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:33 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Need advice on GSXR 1000's? Reply with quote

Need some real owner advice on a GSXR 1000's 2007 K7 through to L5

Is there much difference between the k5 vs the k7 as I really just want the k5 but because of ULEZ and the fact it costs £175 to use https://www.nationalemissionstestcentre.com/ for a test and theres no guarantee the k5 will pass

im left with the option of the k7/k8 as im not really keen on the look of the L models but if they are nearer to the k5 performance then id forgo the looks and happily jump on an L model

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:46 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

K5-K8 all share an engine, I know that much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:55 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
K5-K8 all share an engine, I know that much.

K5-L6 is more evolution than revolution. The bike was all new in 2017. Buy based on condition (and the one with the fewest anodised bolts). I had an L4 and it was a great bike.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:42 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an L0, I've ridden a K5/6 for a fair bit.

Personally, I am not at the level where I can feel the difference. It is a very fast bike that is ultimately lazy.

Pick the one you like that is suitable... technology has come far, cult K5/6 people will hate you but who gives a shit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

crisis averted lol

The GSXR 1000 k5/k6 exhaust emission on Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) is 0.09 which is below the threshold for ULEZ so will looking for a k5/k6 now

I is a very happy man, the Grom stays as I can never let that go!

I called up a dealer and that was whats on the log book, so when i get mine i just need to send that in to TFL

This site helped big time find that out: https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/loophole-means-older-motorbikes-may-still-qualify-for-ulez-exemption/

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:19 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo wrote:
The GSXR 1000 k5/k6 exhaust emission on Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) is 0.09 which is below the threshold for ULEZ so will looking for a k5/k6 now

**06 U**
Blue SUZUKI GSXR 1000 K6
You are subject to the ULEZ.

From 8 April 2019 if you travel in the ULEZ you will need to pay the daily ULEZ charge.

Are you sure.

Plus, they hold their money, I bought my L0 for near 500 less than they were asking for a K6 with triple the miles...

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i checked the TFL site and it basically said if your NOx emissions are below 0.15 then just email a copy of the vehicle log book with this information to them or if you dont have this info then a Certificate of conformity is required or you can get the bike tested for emissions at https://www.nationalemissionstestcentre.com/

This would grant you an exemption but at the moment its on a per vehicle basis and not a blanket vehicle basis which would make sense but meh!

hope this information helps anyone else who is curious about their bikes

this ULEZ is a headache and a money spinner, if you was serious about reducing pollution and it was not about money then you would implement a flat out ban on private vehicles and taxis and make transport in central London free on all trains/tubes/buses/bicycles

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:31 - 03 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ULEZ checker just goes by date for bikes. If it's earlier than about july 2007 you gotta email in some evidence. NOx data off the v5c will do it.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 4 years, 248 days between these two posts...
Nelly30 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 07 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelly30 wrote:
I have a GSXR 1000 K5.

NOx is not shown on the V5 but I paid £100 to Suzuki for Certificate of Conformity (CoC) and the emissions are LOWER than ULEZ minimum, so FULLY COMPLIANT and confirmed by TfL Very Happy

Nice bike mate, any pics?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 07 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Rides a Heavy Set Phallus?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1