Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:07 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Exactly. I do wonder if some of our naive brethren live in soft fluffy cloud cookoo land.

They have been conditioned into continuous virtue signalling mode by a form of brainwashing.
Or maybe it's just to intentionally wind up normal people

They have life too easy.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Exactly. I do wonder if some of our naive brethren live in soft fluffy cloud cookoo land.

They have been conditioned into continuous virtue signalling mode by a form of brainwashing.
Or maybe it's just to intentionally wind up normal people

Well they wind me up and I'm certainly not normal. Cool
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Really? Wow, I'd never have guessed Rolling Eyes

It was an explanation for the benefit of those unable to understand... Rolling Eyes

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:33 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
getting outraged over using a photo as a target stinks of left wing hypocrisy.

Why exclusively 'Left Wing'? Surely anybody regardless of political persuasion who thinks using photos of people as targets is wrong, is guilty of the same hypocrisy?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is you who is perpetuating the story. Bar one person on here who is perfectly entitled to his view, nobody else thinks it is important.

When you are finished with it, you can put it in the box marked 'Proof of MSM Left Wing Bias' along with everything else bar that reported by the Daily Mail.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

It's plain for all to see. It's not my fault your Liberal conditioning has you brainwashed to think using a picture of the leader of the Labour party as a target is a heinous crime worthy of news stories of outrage, yet burning effigies of right wing leaders is a good laugh and innocent, worthy of celebrating on the local news as good fun.

If you can't see the hypocrisy in that thought, you're just highlighting your level of blinkered left wing bias and backing up my assertion over your view.

If you read what I have written, you will see that I don't think a bunch of squaddies using a poster of JC as a target is a heinous crime worthy of news stories of outrage. Go back to my first post on this topic to see my view.

As for burning effigies generally, I don't have a problem with that either if it is for genuine political protest and not simply to upset somebody because you don't like them. Its very straightforward - if you burned an effigy of any of our current crop of political leaders I wouldn't get upset, but if you burned an effigy of my mum, I would.

To broaden it, I can see how burning a flag could be deemed offensive because the act of doing so is offensive to a whole nation rather than to an individual politician or political party.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:
Weird, I've never seen anything like it before. Only from despot military states and banana republics.

At the very least, I guarantee you if the British public saw similar of one of their chosen enemy states, say Russia, they would use it as a shining example of just how fucked Russia is. "

"Putin Military Shooting Images of Political Opponents!"

Do you really think there's no wider negative image being portrayed here?

If you think bikers have a dark and twisted sense of humour, you want to try joining the armed forces. Don't be so sensitive and super(faux)-righteous. To them, it was just a bit of a laugh, and a very mild one at that.

Oh wait. Maybe the Parachute Regiment has plans to off Corbyn! Shocked
Oh wait. Maybe they're planning a military coup! Shocked
Oh wait. Maybe a military dictatorship is just around the corner! Shocked

Rolling Eyes

It's literally NOTHING to do with sensitivity or faux righteousness. It's to do with the image the UK is portraying to the world.

I remember a little while ago you were claiming how awful the Russian government is. It was in the thread about the Skripal poisoning.

Do you not wonder what it is that makes you think these things about Russia? Something to do with the images, media and stories that have come out of Russia over the years?

Do not think that perhaps it's possible for the UK to portray a negative image of itself too, via little things like this?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

Do not think that perhaps it's possible for the UK to portray a negative image of itself too, via little things like this?

You know what? I really couldn't give a toss Thumbs Up
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. After Brexit we're the world's laughing stock anyway.

And say what you want about China China China. I'm grateful for them since I work in power generation. They're keeping me in a job by guzzling up the megawatts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

And what image do you think your beloved Communist China China China portrays to the rest of the world?

Well done, you just made a completely irrelevant point.

I'll leave you to figure out why. Might help your comprehension skills a wee bit.

Quote:
Going by immigration to the UK, I'd say it's a very popular choice to move to, for such a small island.

Indeed, but you miss the much greater point, and one you should really admire about chinachinachina.

UK immigration is so high because it's an easy target for those who want to get there. China, on the other hand, has a sensible and tight immigration policy aimed at proper population management.

I guarantee, if China opened it's borders the way EU countries have, half of south Asia and Africa would flood over in the same way.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
China, on the other hand, has a sensible and tight immigration policy aimed at proper population management.

We can't do that in the UK though because everyone would call us racist.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:20 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

mpd72 wrote:
Going by immigration to the UK, I'd say it's a very popular choice to move to, for such a small island.

UK immigration is so high because it's an easy target for those who want to get there.

No, UK immigration isn't high, because everybody around the world thinks our military want to go out and shoot our politicians, remember? So it's unlikely anyone wants to come here.

Oh look, I thought I'd eaten that cake! Smile

I, on the other hand, do want to go out and shoot our politicians Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Can I join up please. I'm a rotten shot but the Abboptamus is a big target. Dance!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:54 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Can I join up please. I'm a rotten shot but the Abboptamus is a big target. Dance!

With a magazine of 650 rounds (one round for each MP), standing, LOAD!

Range drill Smile
I'll be using a GPMG, cos I don't want to be late home for dinner.

Wyberton John
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:58 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck that, they're too heavy - give me my LMG any day of the week! Twisted Evil

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:24 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyberton John wrote:
Fuck that, they're too heavy - give me my LMG any day of the week! Twisted Evil

As long as we're agreed on the principle Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 8 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2