Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

PS5 Officially confirmed

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 16 Apr 2019    Post subject: PS5 Officially confirmed Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47953213

(guess who just upgraded to a Pro).

Backward compatible, SSD.

Ray tracing graphics, obviously quicker processor. Release date next year. (My guess Xmas 2020)

FFS, I also up'd to a OneX at Xmas too

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 07:37 - 02 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll wait 6 months, and only get the Xbox. No direct need for me to upgrade yet.

Have PS4 pro but only for exclusive games, which haven't been great Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 02 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't Sega releasing a new console soon? thought Id read that somewhere that they are re-entering the console market?

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 02 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I'll wait 6 months, and only get the Xbox. No direct need for me to upgrade yet.

Have PS4 pro but only for exclusive games, which haven't been great Crying or Very sad

I like both, have Pro and One X.

Though I think Sony has it with the exclusives, Last of Us, Spider Man, God of War, Uncharted, Horizon

Do like Halo though, not a Gears fan.

-

Got Switch too.

Kids have a gaming setup GTX 2070, but I can't stand keyboard and mouse and it all seems sooooo expensive.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 07:36 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

I like both, have Pro and One X.

Though I think Sony has it with the exclusives, Last of Us, Spider Man, God of War, Uncharted, Horizon

Do like Halo though, not a Gears fan.

-

Got Switch too.

Kids have a gaming setup GTX 2070, but I can't stand keyboard and mouse and it all seems sooooo expensive.

Don't get me wrong, I have them all...I play for money Laughing just the exclusives aren't actually any good. Horizon is the only one to excite me.

Pc wise, I use an Xbox controller.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going full Playstation with the next generation and won't be building another gaming PC. It's not just the PC HW getting more expensive, but I also can't stand having several accounts on several servers to be able to purchase the games and then having several clients for them.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been a playstation fanboi. I was thinking about a pro to take advantage of my current TV's capabilities but I'll hang on for the ps5 now I think. Backwards compatibility is always good, something I really liked with the original 60gb ps3.
Hopefully nothing will change with regards to ps5 and ps+, not sure why it would but you never know.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:11 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I've always been a playstation fanboi. I was thinking about a pro to take advantage of my current TV's capabilities but I'll hang on for the ps5 now I think. Backwards compatibility is always good, something I really liked with the original 60gb ps3.
Hopefully nothing will change with regards to ps5 and ps+, not sure why it would but you never know.

PS4 uses super sampling, its not really 4k so wouldn't waste the funds, wait for the 5 if you want to push a TV.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:41 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a old PS3 that is basically used just for blueray but now with 4k downloads I find I am not using it as much.

I want to get a console for when the grandkids come round so am I best waiting for the PS5, getting an x-box or a different console.

All my personal gaming is done on a computer.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:29 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
recman wrote:

PS4 uses super sampling, its not really 4k so wouldn't waste the funds, wait for the 5 if you want to push a TV.

I had a ps4 for yonks, way before the 4k telly arrived.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Depends on the game, but yes. Checkerboarding all over the place. Still looks ''nicer'' than plain 1080p. And if you've got 1080p display, supersampling works great.

EDIT: Supersampling works the other way around. Higher resolution to fit the lower resolution screen, not as you described it.

That being said, though, it's not worth going for the PS4 PRO if you already own the base model. I'd even recommend buying a used console, at this point. The used console market is flooded, at least on the Continent it is.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:16 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
EDIT: Supersampling works the other way around. Higher resolution to fit the lower resolution screen, not as you described it.

Super sampling is absolute trash and shouldn't exist in a console that 'does 4k'.

I absolutely do not like anything that will not natively support its suggested resolution.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 09 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My upgrade to the Pro, cost me about £70 and I think I did well.

Saw someone local selling a Pro on Fleabay and made an offer, quite rightly cash/no scam/not having to post and wait for the inevitable lies, the seller and I got a good deal.

Paid £210 and then sold my old PS4, moved hard drives around so buyer got a 1TB so all happy.

On a sad note, managed to fe.k my controller whilst trying to mod it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1