Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Extinction Rebellion or how not to win an argument

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:15 - 20 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
When people chain themselves to railings/superglue their hands together in pipes, it should be SOP that they are left exactly where they are until a) They have shat themselves and have been sitting/standing in it for at least 8 hours or b) They are clinically dehydrated.

Especially that Thompson woman. The fact she didn't do this is beside the point. Someone ought to have chained her up.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:50 - 20 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaving peple attached to whatever it is they've glued themselves to sounds like a plan. Mr. Green

I notice that whilst they the protest people were willing to glue themselves to a Docklands Light Railways train but didn't glue themselves to any tube trains. Smile

In other news....

The Metropolitan Police has requested about 200 extra officers from neighbouring forces to help deal with the Extinction Rebellion protests in central London.

Since Monday, climate change demonstrators have occupied Waterloo Bridge, Parliament Square and Oxford Circus, which has now been cleared.

The Met said 750 people have been arrested and 28 have been charged.

Commissioner Cressida Dick said it had caused "miserable disruption".

"Every day we have had over 1,000 officers - and now over 1,500 officers - working to police these protests," she said.

"It's had an impact not just on the police but also on the public."

At about 17:30 BST, police were able to clear protesters from the centre of Oxford Circus, allowing for traffic to flow through normally.

Ms Dick said the force was still liaising with others and encouraging them to go to Marble Arch to carry out a "lawful protest".

"If you don't want to go to Marble Arch, then go home," she said.

"I've been walking about there today and I can assure you many people are very fed up."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47997531

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 21 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind but have seen the amount of shit all over the floor they have left ? Inc plastic bottles Thinking Thinking

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:36 - 21 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

dransy wrote:
I wouldn't mind but have seen the amount of shit all over the floor they have left ? Inc plastic bottles Thinking Thinking

They seem to be about the biggest bunch of hypocrites going.
Why do they look just like a load of hippies from the 70s?
And what is it with hippies and beads? Thinking
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 22 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those behind this movement seem to be the same as earlier occupy protests, the climate issue is incidental, and being used as a tool to create instability and ultimately anarchy.

Involving school kids and old people (retired hippies Razz ) is part of the plan so if/when the inevitable casualties start they hope to gain sympathy.

The XR movement is a dangerous eco-terrorist group, but the BBC and others who should see through it are almost supportive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:21 - 22 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This chap is spot on.
Is the protesting being officially sanctioned as a way to enable draconian "emergency" measures such as savings grabs and martial law.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX-ALc2xFgM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:55 - 22 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Remember the non existent Gatwick drones when they took their
Christmas break?

Laughing

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:40 - 23 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
This chap is spot on.
Is the protesting being officially sanctioned as a way to enable draconian "emergency" measures such as savings grabs and martial law.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX-ALc2xFgM

I saw it yesterday. I do love his wanderings and the jumps he does.
The real reasons are there though and as he says, the police could shift blockades in minutes but are choosing not to. This is politics creating a 'situation' or allowing one - the end result will be even more laws and bans created to control the population.
Controls for what though? Controls that will be created to stop riots and protests when the sh*t really comes down after Brexit or no Brexit. I suspect further sanctions to be placed on the UK population too. These truly are worrying times..
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:52 - 23 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Plus it helps divert attention away from the utter shambles and back stabbing going on in parliament right now.

Would that be the Parliament who've been on recess for the last couple of weeks?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:06 - 23 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Extinction Rebellion decided that doing their protests whilst Parliament were having Easter recess would give them the best chance of not being shut down immediately.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:13 - 23 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning they moved themselves to Parliament Square.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 24 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Global Warming? Nothing a Nuclear Winter couldn't fix.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:09 - 24 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Global Warming? Nothing a Nuclear Winter couldn't fix.

I'll be ok, I have my lead lined underpants. Cool

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:42 - 24 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you noticed how many black people there are in the Extinction Rebellion protests?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:59 - 25 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Have you noticed how many black people there are in the Extinction Rebellion protests?

Tut Tut That's naughty. You will be saying they are too busy stabbing each other next.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:09 - 25 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't forecast the weather with 100% certainty so how can scientists predict climate change?

I dunno…. but I know from looking at pitchters and phonographs and memes that shit is going on. I see mass deforestation ..erosion. Where have the sparrows gone...why do I consume so much palm oil, and baby seals and the amount of whale blubber we get through at home is frankly embarrassing.

Today...as of this moment I'm pessimistic.... can't foresee the global powers doing anything to change unless they can turn it into an earner.
Capitalism, consumerisation for the good it does ultimately eats it's own tail.

Aye we're doom'd.

Although there is a comforting thought; apparently we could be only a few days away from global catastrophe. We haven't mapped all the meteors..we have a small peekhole window into the outer reaches of space.

Extinction Rebellion. I'm all for it. s'good to see the kids around the (comfy parts of the) world getting out....showing a bit of passion. Thumbs Up

I am of the mind that we should at least hoover up before we go on holiday.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:35 - 25 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
...I am of the mind that we should at least hoover up before we go on holiday.

It'd better be one of those EU-regulated low-powered vacuum-cleaners!

Western Civilisation is totally at fault for producing such swivel-eyed fanatics:

Quote:
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

And there we have it. Instead of producing courageous young men and women that can stride the world like the Colossus of old we've nurtured a bunch of pampered pricks. And in turn they've fashioned their own idols to stand in God's stead - deus autem est hodie "climate change" Sad

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 07:46 - 25 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Ste wrote:

Tut Tut That's naughty. You will be saying they are too busy stabbing each other next.

Errrrrr, it's to do with the lack of racial diversity in Extinction Rebellion. I'm sure they're got every gender and sexual orientation known to mankind and some which have yet to be discovered.

They claim to be "working to improve diversity in our movement" so they know that they're racist. Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 4 of 55