Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Extinction Rebellion or how not to win an argument

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:39 - 26 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be starvation caused by microplastics and microbeads killing off much of our food chain combined with rising sea levels and temperatures.

Don't worry, the wheels are already very much in motion for massive depopulation...
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 26 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because a bunch of retired public sector workers and a Scandinavian kid say it is happening, doesn't make it untrue though.

One of many articles on the subject.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/09/1409030-animals-wildlife-wwf-decline-science-world/

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 26 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should all just be a bit more relaxed about it all. Survival is up to the individual. And if upcoming generations want to have a world that is unpolluted etc, then let them work for it. I've had most of my life now, and don't particularly want change, so I'm not doing anything about engineering it, except where I'm forced to by law. This planet, or any other, isn't going to matter to me when I'm gone. [/chickenstrip's bottom line]

P.S. Give me a nice 2T motorcycle, and I'm still going to rag it every chance I get, climate change be damned! Mr. Green

See what you Greenies are up against? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:52 - 26 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Their income depends on creating wildlife panic. It's these c*nts who want me to adopt a snow leopard on TV every night, as if the money actually goes to a snow leopard. One born every minute.

Thinking What do you suppose a Snow Leopard would spend it on? Why, he'd probably order in plastic wrapped portions of mountain goat, to chew on while he watches the telly. They're partial to David Attenborough documentaries, doncha know.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 26 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8pla6LNRKc
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 26 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimately... what's it all about?

Today I read that all these protests are just about how the government declared CO2 emissions figures.

Apparently aviation and shipping emissions aren't in the numbers we submit to the UN. (Which is the same standard everyone else uses.)

And so a quibble over numbers leads to a protest group attempting to disrupt the greatest city in the known universe?!

Execute them all!

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 26 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
India, third largest emitter but one of the smallest per capita. It's only because 90% is still backwater farming which has spawned a completely different form of pollution that has devastated it's rivers but isn't included in this scenario.

Agree with this. India is predicted to overtake China China China as the worlds most populated country. Also I think that small per capita is going to increase too as the rural population becomes more industrialized. These two together will far far outweigh any savings we can make in this country.

I believe in Climate Change and I think it's a problem, but Globally we all need to work together. We've tried this and it just doesn't work. The biggest polluters looked at the Kyoto protocol and said fcuk that.

I suppose I'm just frothing at the mouth about all these UK protests, as if we're the only guilty party, and have any power to make substantial differences globally. Even St Caroline on QT last night was basically hinting "Well we fcuked the climate up in the 19th century. Now it's Africa/Asia's turn".

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 27 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many ppl in the world, that's the problem! Fewer ppl, fewer farts emissions!

Quick quiz: if you had a time machine and you wanted to do a Thanos what would you need to meddle with?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 28 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is less mileage. This means a return to market towns as the centre of trade for ordinary people. It means growing food locally or transporting it by water. I have argued this before....

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:12 - 28 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
The answer is less mileage. This means a return to market towns as the centre of trade for ordinary people. It means growing food locally or transporting it by water. I have argued this before....

This won't happen under the auspices of the EU.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 28 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Still think electric cars are the answer?

Hardly shocking information. I think even Top Gear did a piece on it being more ecological to keep an old car going (most of the "destruction" is in its creation) than scrap it and buy a new one.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 29 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Their income depends on creating wildlife panic. It's these c*nts who want me to adopt a snow leopard on TV every night, as if the money actually goes to a snow leopard. One born every minute.

Quote:
Blogger Richard Telofski pointed out last week that Carter Roberts, the CEO of the US branch of the World Wildlife Fund, was paid a total of $455,147 in 2009 – his base salary being $425,000.

By comparison, the President of the United States has a base salary of $400,000 and the US Vice President is paid $230,700.

Plus you get the animal version of David Lammy MP telling you that "animals don't need your 'white human saviour' charity no more".

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:35 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypocrisy in main stream media?! Say it isn't so!

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a default answer to global warming destroying the planet.

The Earth is 5 billion years old, it has been through a five major ice ages in its recent existence, the last big one was 2.5 million years ago. That one wiped out most of the life on earth. The next one could also be as devastating.

The world doesn't care, it will be here regardless.

We are not killing it, it just goes through these cycles.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 01 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should spit the word "GLOBALIST!" back at lefties with the same vehemence as they shout "FASCIST!"

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extinction Rebellion told, "Prison is not a yoga retreat." Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:07 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol... delusionary at every level!
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's simple, punishment should fit the crime.

If you commit a crime serious enough to go to prison, you should not be given it as an opportunity to practice yoga.

Until we get tougher sentances, such as national service, community service, benifits cut (tough shit) people will continue to commit crimes because there's little reason not to.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 330 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 6 of 55