Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Extinction Rebellion or how not to win an argument

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 21 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge Shane Collery KC said ' You stopped me driving my Hummer round the M25 so I'm going to fuck you right up' Cool

He didn't really but it seems they got a judge that isn't a fan of SJW's Laughing

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:00 - 24 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

After those snooker players were called out for all that oil they waste knocking balls about on a table, it was the turn of the Berlin E-Prix to have the latest climate change protest

https://talksport.com/sport/motorsport/1403432/climate-change-protesters-storm-formula-e-race-berlin/

Quote:
Climate change protesters interrupted the start of the Berlin Formula E Grand Prix, despite the cars being fully electric

SausageBhoy
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:33 - 24 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/UnityNewsNet/status/1649417124417339393

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:18 - 24 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

SausageBhoy wrote:

Wasn't there some big G7 meeting or something where the various dignitaries were wafted about in electric cars but the city didn't have enough charge points so they went with diesel generators instead...

Anger as generators moved across Scotland to power electric vehicles carrying VIPs to COP26

Ah! COP26 Glasgow, my mistake. Talking of faux pas...

No, diesel fuel isn’t recharging electric cars at COP26 climate meeting

The ever reliable Polititwat Rolling Eyes Bio-diesel is still burning shite you morons. Where's all these renewables Scotland is so famed for?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 24 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
SausageBhoy wrote:

Wasn't there some big G7 meeting or something where the various dignitaries were wafted about in electric cars but the city didn't have enough charge points so they went with diesel generators instead...

Anger as generators moved across Scotland to power electric vehicles carrying VIPs to COP26

Ah! COP26 Glasgow, my mistake. Talking of faux pas...

No, diesel fuel isn’t recharging electric cars at COP26 climate meeting

The ever reliable Polititwat Rolling Eyes Bio-diesel is still burning shite you morons. Where's all these renewables Scotland is so famed for?

I hate putting the shoe into Scotland (My Home and where my hert is.) but our lack of government, The Special Needs Party (Alhamdulillah) don't give a fuk if you can re-charge your e-car.

We are implementing an e-zone in Glezga and if anybody has a problem with that, then they can e-ff off.

Plus, we have faaaaar to many white people in Scotland too, according to our Emir.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:06 - 25 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I hate putting the shoe into Scotland (My Home and where my hert is.) but our lack of government, The Special Needs Party (Alhamdulillah) don't give a fuk if you can re-charge your e-car.

We are implementing an e-zone in Glezga and if anybody has a problem with that, then they can e-ff off.

Plus, we have faaaaar to many white people in Scotland too, according to our Emir.

I heard that social workers in Glasgoo have been banned from using their own vehicles and have to use public transport, all to appease the Green Mole. Consequently they cannot visit the same number of clients. Absolute idiocy.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:24 - 25 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
MCN wrote:

I heard that social workers in Glasgoo have been banned from using their own vehicles and have to use public transport, all to appease the Green Mole. Consequently they cannot visit the same number of clients. Absolute idiocy.

Well the heid banging edjit we have for our National Imam will probably create a singularity of the party.

The former FM, Auld 'Sticky Fingers' (her man) and their unreasonable lgbtq (plus or minus 0.0001 of an inch) policies should have meant that their nonsense was reeled in years ago.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:50 - 05 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's going to be much unhappiness on this subject when people realise that the Greens got the highest percentage increase in seats in the massacre of the Tories and actually control a local authority now.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 05 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
There's going to be much unhappiness on this subject when people realise that the Greens got the highest percentage increase in seats in the massacre of the Tories and actually control a local authority now.

That's going to be interesting to watch as they cycle lane everywhere and ban all activity except sitting still and feeding on nothing but each others farts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:25 - 05 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next general election will be interesting, though. The Tories have been massacred, despite their attempt at gerrymandering by bringing in the requirement to have ID.

I wonder how much of that is because all the geriatrics they count on to vote for them don't have photo ID. Pyrric victory, anyone?

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 05 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I wonder how much of that is because all the geriatrics they count on to vote for them don't have photo ID. Pyrric victory, anyone?

The geriatrics may not have the requisite ID but I'll wager that they know how to spell Pyrrhic Wink

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:28 - 05 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The next general election will be interesting, though. The Tories have been massacred, despite their attempt at gerrymandering by bringing in the requirement to have ID.

Of course, the poors aren't bright enough to have ID Rolling Eyes

Quote:

Never heard of a postal vote? The party reps do a tour of the old peoples' homes and gather them up. That's how the Residents Association keep hold of power in my borough anyway.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 06 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

That's going to be interesting to watch as they cycle lane everywhere and ban all activity except sitting still and feeding on nothing but each others farts.

I suspect few people know what party their local MP represents (let alone his/her name); same with local councillors. People are more interested in who leads the country. As such, local elections offer the chance for a protest vote. The Liberals used to be handy in that regard until the Lib/Dems got a taste of government in coalition and blotted their copybook. Now it may be The Greens, once thought to be pretty harmless and therefore safe. However, they lost control of their Brighton stronghold this time. People who have had a proper taste of it decided The Greens should go.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:31 - 06 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

They hardly controlled Brighton and Hove.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:41 - 06 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone said the other day that local elections boil down to being about filling potholes. I think thats a good way of looking at it. Local elections are about how to fill potholes, parliamentary elections are about why do the potholes exist in the first place.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:54 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly on topic for this thread but err... thread adjacent Smile

Can ‘enhanced rock weathering’ help combat climate change?

tl;dr scatter the fields with quarry waste that combines with CO2 to form carbonates. It sounds interesting but wait:

Quote:
Some experts worry that carbon removal techniques like this might distract people from the more urgent priority of cutting emissions and even be used as justification to continue living our carbon intensive lives.

...in case you are in any doubt that Climate Change is an ideology not a science Rolling Eyes

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Not exactly on topic for this thread but err... thread adjacent Smile

Can ‘enhanced rock weathering’ help combat climate change?

tl;dr scatter the fields with quarry waste that combines with CO2 to form carbonates. It sounds interesting but wait:

Quote:
Some experts worry that carbon removal techniques like this might distract people from the more urgent priority of cutting emissions and even be used as justification to continue living our carbon intensive lives.

...in case you are in any doubt that Climate Change is an ideology not a science Rolling Eyes

You really don't do yourself any favours...

1. Climate change is very much a science. It's a global effect so perhaps you shouldn't be surprised if politics gets involved whether it an intelligent approach to push change forward or a fundamentalist conservative christian/fossil fuel interest approach of sticking your head in the sand.

2. Geoengineering is a sticking plaster, no more. It's not a complete solution. We already have one of those and it's quite simple - reduction in anthropogenic CO2 production. Additionally, nobody understands what the net effect of geoengineering projects would be to already damaged ecosystems and that's a very serious concern.

Do step aside from the nutter conspiracy theories...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:43 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Oh, and you were doing so well up till then! Who are you replying to?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Islander wrote:

Oh, and you were doing so well up till then! Who are you replying to?

That should be obvious from the quoted sections...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
That should be obvious from the quoted sections...

No, you could have presented a point and left it at that. I did think it was an interesting point until the last line but that, for me personally, casts everything previously written into doubt. But you knew that, that's why you wrote it.

So who is the reply directed at? The other members of this forum or someone else?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:21 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

No, you could have presented a point and left it at that. I did think it was an interesting point until the last line but that, for me personally, casts everything previously written into doubt. But you knew that, that's why you wrote it.

The person who wanted to know if there was a cure for vaccination is now annoyed that he's been called a conspiracy threorist?

Mr. Green

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:41 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The person who wanted to know if there was a cure for vaccination is now annoyed that he's been called a conspiracy threorist?

Mr. Green

Ah, so talking about certain topics makes me a conspiracy theorist. If I start reciting sonnets will that make me Shakespeare?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:46 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck....

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let heaven and men and devils, let them all, all, all, cry shame against me, yet I'll speak.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Let heaven and men and devils, let them all, all, all, cry shame against me, yet I'll speak.

Of course. Someone else may well reply or challenge though... Laughing
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 51 of 55