Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Extinction Rebellion or how not to win an argument

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:33 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

We basically walked round Bath going in random directions so that the police had no chance to plan for us for a couple of hours until we wanted a drink and a sit down.

I do remember it all getting a bit fractious outside Waitrose. It was Bath, after all.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:03 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Maybe it's just a really bad video then as that's not the image portrayed.

The video also said that nobody was arrested but I personally know of two who were in 2000.

The first one was a mate from Radstock, he hadn't come to Bath for the protest but him and a couple of others came across us whilst we were ambling up the main thoroughfares of Bath, irritating the fuck out of the Police and the motorists.

He suddenly got pounced on by the filth and dragged back to Bath nick where they repeated asked him who the organisers were. Of course. he didn't have a clue. It's something we kept a closely guarded secret and to this day I cannot be sure on who the main ringleader was.

The other was one of a group who decided to go in drag as The 'Lice Girls'. He got locked up till morning and asked that we take in a change of clothing for his release. We took him another frock...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:25 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you do in the war, daddy?

https://youtu.be/TH5ZOlbu4cg

Laughing

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:45 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

reminds me of...

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:05 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is giving a great disservice to the people who died in WWI, but if you really want to equate the two, fill your boots.

Just don't do it near a cenotaph.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:51 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez! Cheer up, Nobby, what next? No more rape jokes?!

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it must be his time of month Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:21 - 13 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eco-shite:

Can Amsterdam make the circular economy work?

Quote:
The circular economy aims to break the link between economic activity and using up the earth's resources. This may involve reusing, repairing, and sharing materials and products.

This used to be called "recycling" for some reason this switch to "circularity" unnerves me but I can't quite put my finger on why Thinking

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:24 - 28 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Climate Change Committee says UK no longer a world leader

Quote:
The Climate Change Committee (CCC) described government efforts to scale up climate action as "worryingly slow"... The government said it was committed to its climate targets.

Phew! Some good news for a change. For once the typical Tory "say one thing and do the opposite" has worked in our favour Smile

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 01 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took the BBC News website quite some time to decide how to pitch this (in a Harry Hill, “-but which is better?” way Laughing )

Quote:
Seven Just Stop Oil protesters have been arrested while trying to halt the annual Pride parade in central London.
Images on social media showed police removing demonstrators who managed to briefly stop the march.
The Metropolitan Police said seven people were arrested for public nuisance offences.
Before the parade started, LGBTQ+ Just Stop Oil members called on Pride to stop accepting sponsorship money from "high-polluting industries".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66074939

I guess we now know the police’s hierarchy of correctness: LGBTQ trumps Just Stop Oil, then commuters are at the bottom of the pile.

Mayor Khan probably made the call when Just Stop Oil were messing up his gay parade.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 01 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

so theyre a public nuisance and arrestable when they inconvenience sodomites, but when they do the same to daily commuters going about their business its tough titty?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 01 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The -TQ+ part is golden right now, the LBG- part more red-headed step-child.

Lesbicans and bum boys have all the "rights" they could possibly need which makes them mainstream, conservative and to be despised,

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:01 - 02 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old saying, 'A man of letters' has a totally new meaning today.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:53 - 09 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A protest or just cheap orange confetti?

Just Stop Oil deny disrupting George Osborne wedding

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66146877

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:10 - 09 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
A protest or just cheap orange confetti?

Just Stop Oil deny disrupting George Osborne wedding

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66146877

They had no idea who she was. That was evident from the clip. Should have tasered her, would have been no less
than she deserved for a stunt like that. If you want to be noticed by MPs then get on a nice diesel train and go and
protest Parliament. They won't do though that because then the Police will be less hospitable to their antics.

Last edited by grr666 on 16:56 - 09 Jul 2023; edited 1 time in total

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:35 - 09 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I'm starting to wonder if the puppet masters want one of their minions to be run over and martyred for the cause Thinking Another Saint George Floyd.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woman drags climate activist by the hair to stop her from blocking traffic

Don't fuck with women Smile

The upside is that the community is really coming together... to drag the c*nts away Very Happy

While running these fuckers down and leaving them quadrospazzed in hospital sounds tempting I don't think it'll do much to discourage others. I propose crucifixion along the main thoroughfares.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:45 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Woman drags climate activist by the hair to stop her from blocking traffic

Don't fuck with women Smile

The upside is that the community is really coming together... to drag the c*nts away Very Happy

While running these fuckers down and leaving them quadrospazzed in hospital sounds tempting I don't think it'll do much to discourage others. I propose crucifixion along the main thoroughfares.

I thought the lorry was gonna run that guy over. Another (strange) one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpgof-ZxcdE

Looks like the Mercedes had a crash, karen got out to have a go at the protesters, her fella followed and punched a protester...

Passer-by then tried to intervene, looked like he wanted to fight except he was walking away whilst taking off his jacket Confused

Last edited by M.C on 17:49 - 19 Jul 2023; edited 1 time in total

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see no fucks given by the 2-wheeled crowd Smile

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:11 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe time for a volounteer Just Stop Just Stop Oil squad who can rock up, remove them and corral them in a corner until the authorities arrive to take them away. They could get yellow vests made up with something like "Volounteer road safety marshall." on it.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

They want cable tying with wrists round a lampost, it is so pathetic when burly bloke (or outraged woman Laughing ) pushes them out of the way but they creep back in while avoiding eye contact like zombies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Maybe time for a volounteer Just Stop Just Stop Oil squad who can rock up, remove them and corral them in a corner until the authorities arrive to take them away.

And in that situation, who do you think that the authorities would be taking away?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:25 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
Maybe time for a volounteer Just Stop Just Stop Oil squad who can rock up, remove them and corral them in a corner until the authorities arrive to take them away.

And in that situation, who do you think that the authorities would be taking away?

https://youtu.be/QTNm_05lKzI

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

Corralled in a corner would be Ok.
After all, the primary aim of the protestors is to unlawfully detain drivers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:16 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonny Bairstow didn't get arrested when he handballed one off the cricket pitch in front of thousands of people and on live TV.

I think it's the violent shove that did it. If you bodily moved them, I can't see how it would be illegal.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 53 of 55