Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Extinction Rebellion or how not to win an argument

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I think it's the violent shove that did it. If you bodily moved them, I can't see how it would be illegal.

If you’re referring to the video M.C posted, that was a Premiership-level dive to the feet of a copper with his back to events.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

‘Look East’ were clearly finding it hard to be both topical and fulfil their climate change mandate this evening. In a segment including a disappointing weather forecast and a quick look at some ‘red temperatures’ in Southern Europe (it’s supposed to be regional news, mate) they reported on field fires in Norfolk which occurred in 2022. The journalistic frustration was palpable.
Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Jonny Bairstow didn't get arrested when he handballed one off the cricket pitch in front of thousands of people and on live TV.

That same little tosser got a slap from a disgruntled motorist today...

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
Jonny Bairstow didn't get arrested when he handballed one off the cricket pitch in front of thousands of people and on live TV.

That same little tosser got a slap from a disgruntled motorist today...

to be honest, trying to kick someone in the head after youve knocked them down is a pretty vile thing to do.
i hope the the bloke gets prosecuted.(would be an added bonus simply because hes a merc driver).

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
...to be honest, trying to kick someone in the head after youve knocked them down is a pretty vile thing to do..

It looked to me as if he was kicking his phone rather than his head.

to v or not to v wrote:
i hope the the bloke gets prosecuted.(would be an added bonus simply because hes a merc driver).

Class envy is a terrible thing.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:
...to be honest, trying to kick someone in the head after youve knocked them down is a pretty vile thing to do..

to v or not to v wrote:

my mistake, it does look like he kicked the phone away.

its been a long time since Mercs were a class thing, what century are you living in?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 19 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Raffles wrote:

to v or not to v wrote:

my mistake, it does look like he kicked the phone away.

its been a long time since Mercs were a class thing, what century are you living in?

In the video I posted he's filming the protest, so I think Mercedes bloke kicked away a camera.

Looked like a pretty old Mercedes, I think a 2008 plate (it's a bit blurry).

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 20 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic Meg wrote:
Maybe time for a volounteer Just Stop Just Stop Oil squad who can rock up, remove them and corral them in a corner until the authorities arrive to take them away. They could get yellow vests made up with something like "Volounteer road safety marshall." on it.

Are you psychic or something?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 20 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

too many people with too much time on their hands these days.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 20 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
Mystic Meg wrote:
Maybe time for a volounteer Just Stop Just Stop Oil squad who can rock up, remove them and corral them in a corner until the authorities arrive to take them away. They could get yellow vests made up with something like "Volounteer road safety marshall." on it.

Are you psychic or something?

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/07/20/14/73429529-0-image-a-19_1689859655777.jpg

'Just stop pissing everyone off' Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:51 - 23 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12329055/Just-Stop-Oil-taste-medicine-counter-group-crashes-banquet-rape-alarms-attached-balloons.html

Dance!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 23 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twitter is awash with organic reactions to Let's All Kill Ourselves Just Stop Oil. I for one say bravo!

This whole Climate Change grift is slowly grinding to a halt. Hopefully 2024 is the year we can finally tell the WEF to get bent.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:39 - 03 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usual:

Arrests after Greenpeace protest at Rishi Sunak's North Yorkshire home

Trespassing on private property being a whole different ballgame to the slow circle-jerk on a public highway.

Maybe a reaction to this?

Net zero sceptics warm to Rishi Sunak's climate shift

Quote:
Environmental campaigners are horrified

Excellent news! Hopefully we find them all dangling from handwoven, sustainably grown hemp ropes under Hammersmith bridge.

Nute
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:10 - 04 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand peoples frustration with the establishment in this country. It’s the British way to be so bloody slow all the while our politicians are spouting rubbish about being at the forefront of this or that initiative.

It’s undoubtedly the case that allowing people to use personal electric transport (e-scooters and the like, love them or hate them) to get about in cities would cut car use and allow those on low incomes to save money. Yet we are the last country in Europe, by a mile, to come to a conclusion on these things. We aren’t just at the back of the group, we can’t even see thefriggin group.

Recently where I live there has been a 94 week program to rework a roundabout. How can it take that long … it appears there is no oversight on how long the contractor is given to do the work…. Or on how they manage traffic. A 3km diversion in place for almost 2 months when 5 mins moving a sign and 20 cones after the finish of work each afternoon would have avoided the need for 1,000’s of cars to drive an extra 3km each hour. The local authority declared a “ climate emergency” 4 years ago and it’s all over thier web site but the highways dept couldn’t give a crap about it.

It doesn’t seem to matter how hard you try to encourage change, all you get is a generic “blah blah” letter back they send to everyone and nothing changes. By gluing yourself to Rishi Sunak you are going to get attention.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 04 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nute wrote:
By gluing yourself to Rishi Sunak you are going to get attention.

The wrong sort of attention Sad As per the title of the thread you'd think "Climate Change" would be an open goal but Just Stop Oil's tactics seem to be turning the common man against the whole project. Makes you wonder if that was the plan all along...

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:10 - 04 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'm more a Greenpeace man. Demonstrating on the roof of Rishi's house, that's how you play the game.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 04 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nute wrote:

Recently where I live there has been a 94 week program to rework a roundabout. How can it take that long … it appears there is no oversight on how long the contractor is given to do the work…. Or on how they manage traffic. A 3km diversion in place for almost 2 months when 5 mins moving a sign and 20 cones after the finish of work each afternoon would have avoided the need for 1,000’s of cars to drive an extra 3km each hour. The local authority declared a “ climate emergency” 4 years ago and it’s all over thier web site but the highways dept couldn’t give a crap about it.

You are from MK aren't you? So I presume you are talking about the new Groveway roundabout. I'll see that and raise you the British rail bridge with the collapsing wall on the A5 that's had the slip road from Redmoor roundabout closed for in excess of six months so far.

The Chinese would have built a 3 mile suspension bridge, 5 supertankers and a state run brothel in the time it take us to rebuild a wall. Rolling Eyes

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:45 - 04 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

You are from MK aren't you? So I presume you are talking about the new Groveway roundabout. I'll see that and raise you the British rail bridge with the collapsing wall on the A5 that's had the slip road from Redmoor roundabout closed for in excess of six months so far.

The Chinese would have built a 3 mile suspension bridge, 5 supertankers and a state run brothel in the time it take us to rebuild a wall. Rolling Eyes

So communism is better than capitalism?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 04 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

have you seen how long some of the things they make last?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

No state dictatorship is better than capitalism. There is nothing communist about China except the name of the party.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

We have capitalism? When did that happen?!

Nute
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:32 - 04 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Nute wrote:

Nope, this is Basingstoke, and the wonderfully inefficient we don’t give a crap about climate change or for that matter causing traffic chaos whilst we are buggering about rebuilding a roundabout for 2 years Hampsire County Council Highways.

Nice to know others are incompetent as well.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:47 - 05 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nute wrote:
Nice to know others are incompetent as well.

Of course! It's a skill that comes naturally when you're spending other people's money.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:39 - 05 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Basingstoke one is this?

https://www.hants.gov.uk/transport/transportschemes/A30brightonhillroundabout#step-1

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 17 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Money Rebellion? The Extinction Rebellion sister protest group starting to make waves

I take it some banking bods are butt-hurt their industry has such a poor rep they thought they could elicit public sympathy by hiring Rent-a-Mob.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 54 of 55