Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Extinction Rebellion or how not to win an argument

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:46 - 27 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird, there are no tents in that photo.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:33 - 27 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thousands and thousands of tents get left behind at Glastonbury (and every other festival) so the lack of tents in that photo stands outs. Laughing

When tickets cost £250, leaving a £10 or £20 or £30 tent behind is a small cost.

Of course, the tent is only one of the cheap disposable bits of camping kit that gets left behind. Rolling Eyes

(I've never left kit at Glastonbury and have once left a tent at Reading Festival.)

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 27 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a small cost but if The Yoot are getting pissy about previous generations ruining their planet they need to take a long hard look at themselves, or else crack on in education, careers and lifestyle to make it all better. I see little sign.

Apparently they like to assume that abandoned tents (it's too much effort to pack them up and take them home ready for next time) are collected by "charities" and sold donated to earthquake refugees, but 90% just have to go to landfill.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:16 - 28 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
they need to take a long hard look at themselves

https://i.imgur.com/voOSBSL.jpg

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:22 - 28 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
they need to take a long hard look at themselves

https://i.imgur.com/voOSBSL.jpg

I did find myself looking at her for some time!

Although a bic and/or some Veet wouldn't go a miss

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:59 - 28 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
They shouldn't be asking what the government are going to do, they should be asking what THEY are going to do.

It's not the gevernment that leaves the porch light on all night, has the heating racked up to 25 degree all day and drinks starbucks from a throwaway cup with mashed avocados on toast flown halfway round the world.

Any of the protestors found with a plastic water bottle should be taken round the corner in the police van and given a pounding through a phone book with the hippy stick for being an annoying cunt.

I rather suspect that people who go so far ad to demonstrate probaly do adjust their lifestyles to reduce their impact on the environment. To influences an entire society though you need government to take a leading role. Either that or a major crisis. The problem with the latter being that experiencing and teacting to such a mass effect crisis would by its nature be too late to save the environment.

Such publicity stunts dont necessarily influence individuals but when repeated do show groundswell of support and do influence political leaders. Ive noticed lately the term "climate emergancy" cropping up very regularly, undoubtedly as a result of the publicity given the issue by actions such as the demos that go on.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:04 - 28 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Fizzoid"]
Ste wrote:

I did find myself looking at her for some time!

Although a bic and/or some Veet wouldn't go a miss

So you like the pre-pubescent look then? Interesting. Shocked

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:11 - 28 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I do have to admit that had she been stashing acid, or a knife or something, and attacked. People would be criticized for having done nothing.

Rather like post climate change disaster world. Im sure there will be a load of BCF threads in the future full of right wing fooktards trying to claim "it was that Cornyn blokes fault back at the beggining of the 21st century!"

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 28 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Now, contrast this with the festivals I go to, which are mainly VW festivals and mainly adults not teenage climate warriors.

Do you go to DubFest in Alnwick perchance? If so, we may have unwittingly met each other without knowing...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yes, it's do as I say, not do as I do.....

https://home.bt.com/news/showbiz-news/in-pictures-clean-up-under-way-after-sun-soaked-glastonbury-11364373490634

https://home.bt.com/news/showbiz-news/army-of-workers-and-volunteers-begins-glastonbury-festival-clean-up-11364373468646

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

The horror the horror........

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

I couldn't really give a flying fuck if they leave rubbish for Evers to clean up, (especially if that black twat with the silly name is buried amongst it) but the very valid point is these people were 24 hours earlier screaming their approval about eco shite.

It would be laughable but its actually just a sad indictment of today's society, expecting everyone to do something while you carry on.

Bit like that mouthy snob who said plane travel should be banned but still went on skiing holidays abroad.

If you want to be an eco warrior, great, but try and do it for a bit longer than a couple of days. Rolling Eyes

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:06 - 02 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glastonbury organiser claims 99.3% of tents were taken home this year

Quote:
Glastonbury organisers have claimed nearly all of the tents were taken home making it one of the greenest festivals ever.

Festivalgoers were constantly reminded to ‘leave no trace’ and it seems to have paid off.

Co-organiser Emily Eavis, who is the daughter of Glastonbury’s founder Michael Eavis, paid tribute to the ‘record numbers’ who took home 99.3 per cent of the tents at this year’s festival.

She shared a drone shot of a huge patch of land that had just one tent left behind.

She said: ‘Just heard that 99.3% of all tents were taken home.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/02/glastonbury-organiser-claims-99-3-tents-taken-home-year-10104656/

Shocked

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:54 - 03 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2019/06/26/why-climate-activists-threaten-endangered-species-with-extinction/

I wonder if widely reported reduction in swallow this year might also be related
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:01 - 03 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2019/06/26/why-climate-activists-threaten-endangered-species-with-extinction/

I wonder if widely reported reduction in swallow this year might also be related

Interesting article. I wonder if there has been a corresponding rise in 'spit'?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:28 - 03 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I won the lottery (unlikely as I don't like volunteering extra taxes) I'd buy up a big warehouse and fill it with exercise bikes hooked up to dynamos:

"The Eco-Gym! A revolution in green energy generation!"

A good way to keep the nutters off the street and away from decent, law-abiding citizens Smile

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 03 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
If I won the lottery (unlikely as I don't like volunteering extra taxes) I'd buy up a big warehouse and fill it with exercise bikes hooked up to dynamos:

A good way to keep the nutters off the street and away from decent, law-abiding citizens Smile

Or put them in jail's? I wonder what the output in watts of our prison population would actually be?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 03 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
HardlyDavidson wrote:

Or put them in jail's? I wonder what the output in watts of our prison population would actually be?

Power-generating treadmills were abolished by the Prisons Act 1898. I know this because my daughter is studying crime and punishment as part of her History GCSE.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 9 of 55