Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Extinction Rebellion or how not to win an argument

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
MDMA thank you for the 'abusive' rating for my last comment. Which bit is untrue and how does this constitute abuse towards your person?

Its clearly not that boring, or you wouldn't be reading these comments and rating them...

I'm guessing this one will get an 'off topic'....

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

This is precisely why we need MDMA back. He would put the counter argument that technology will save the day and that it is all the fault of darkies. To add gravitas to his view he would also state that I am a snowflake, tree-hugging, gin swilling liberal-commie, woke secret lemonade drinker.... or something along those lines.

I swill gin and I'm not a snowflake, tree-hugging, liberal-commie woke secret lemonade drinker so there's hope for you yet pal Thumbs Up

And who the f is that pikey redneck in your avatar?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I swill gin and I'm not a snowflake, tree-hugging, liberal-commie woke secret lemonade drinker so there's hope for you yet pal Thumbs Up

Ahhh, the hope that springs eternal....

The pikey redneck is Trond from Lilyhammer. Probably the best thing I've watched since Breaking Bad. Personal taste, mind....

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Ahhh, the hope that springs eternal....

The pikey redneck is Trond from Lilyhammer. Probably the best thing I've watched since Breaking Bad. Personal taste, mind....

I'll have a look at that Thumbs Up

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://michaelroberts4004.wordpress.com/2020/01/22/more-than-13-9-million-trees-felled-in-scotland-for-wind-development-2000-2019/

Installing wind turbines in Scotland required felling 13.9m trees, I guess for access roads as much as sites.
No doubt this was mostly commercial plantations.
However the new roads and associated drainage will also have caused immense damage to peatlands - though not as much as planting trees on them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
MDMA thank you for the 'abusive' rating for my last comment. Which bit is untrue and how does this constitute abuse towards your person?

That's a bit harsh. You know he can't respond to your question, except in Karma form.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
https://michaelroberts4004.wordpress.com/2020/01/22/more-than-13-9-million-trees-felled-in-scotland-for-wind-development-2000-2019/

Installing wind turbines in Scotland required felling 13.9m trees, I guess for access roads as much as sites.
No doubt this was mostly commercial plantations.
However the new roads and associated drainage will also have caused immense damage to peatlands - though not as much as planting trees on them.

Its a tricky one to get the balance right - peatlands store carbon, trees use CO2 for photosynthesis, wind turbines produce less CO2 than burning fossil fuels. It is to be hoped that the net effect of Scottish wind turbines is a reduction in CO2 created, and that this reduction isn't negated by removal of features that absorb/convert it....

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:30 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Diggs wrote:

That's a bit harsh. You know he can't respond to your question, except in Karma form.

He could tap on the pipe....

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wont go as far as feudalism. It's too unstable. I think we are actively being taken back to a Victorian era social setup. Weakth and resources are being pumped out of society into the domain of a very small elite. This elite will own and control everything and keep a pet middle class to do all the boring technical and admin stuff. Everyone else will just submerge into a desperately poor underclass of non people with no power. Its my belief this is the main project of the Tory party.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, apparently not...

By giving that suggestion a 'disagree' rating, I assume you genuinely cannot tap on a pipe. This suggests one of two things - either you are handcuffed to furniture so you can't physically reach one, or you are somewhere outside where there aren't any.

Given that you refuse to answer, one can only assume you were either playing s&m games at the Kentish Hellfire Club and they forgot about you again, or you are in the bushes with your spud-gun, sniping at wet Muslim children as they crawl up the beach....

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
We wont go as far as feudalism. It's too unstable. I think we are actively being taken back to a Victorian era social setup. Weakth and resources are being pumped out of society into the domain of a very small elite. This elite will own and control everything and keep a pet middle class to do all the boring technical and admin stuff. Everyone else will just submerge into a desperately poor underclass of non people with no power. Its my belief this is the main project of the Tory party.

You could well be right. After all, they already have the costumes...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:43 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Awwww, it shows that he stills loves you. Wub

Now who can get him to say something?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he might if you 'express regret' for the d0xxing

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:27 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wOYy3mbV_ju6TTNAIvD2sU0zHOaKgjvlcYn3-hzHla9CLRDCh-uPdUzra_AQ_hAYhekgLLSwfAjV7f5h3fQnKK3f25-lc8kT5tyB431qqIJScrJEUowVOYiz1hy2dyvfAC9OQWqreNGfE3Jgxn2-YH9oa-6gtuLq_oucmY4efjUvHlMTf_HwFd4nPT-Sp33rWAv2QXGQ8NOgE3uiM6_M5LMRUgXJ8CJ9m62meMQCiEadcrIEe8yr0cFU6ojk9_RFAZG3kYbhdRI1RflO3g1x68dKX6dI42VX8SFVNwgCZP1Nj6gW6QrvL87sZwI_3f0iuCK5uywQWThz3BymuikaPXft1e15ycMgmvcfTpDygUGiqaTh-eMvrg9jDVT5oHz8bInYwlTtfQ3sgE97RVeACFLCQWEzNBlE0a9M6SfWlBigRwT2DfbQ-WrmqEPoUBQU454hHpvd3NblGztYs8q4FqNR0EZ8NzVYdqYAmplA8-8wNE6_rZXRRl8ERmAQqJW3iW1xdN5hpprDTT1AqlBqa81uTqhidzm1tBkApG2cblq3umRe36SZpz5G8-dcJ4olpDwePTOgTCZ0yKKvQCADhjFPgwVIVCdvYjK5m8eYhu9HjGgE99-_9d6bDRC9sW-ZcAWM2VIT3Og-atAU-RMd79SAGXDv-1jT8bmLwDuUgnf46_6QEfuALQ=w1079-h114-no

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTIzaAUQPJYq7zIPeP7k37vZG_oVvcD_dcZUcMe6-WWHIme_HLp

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:45 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I think he might if you 'express regret' for the d0xxing

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Donk doxxed himself.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 24 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread's gone off topic.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:44 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

...and that hardly ever happens Thinking

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:25 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

He gave you a thumbs up. Seems hes playing chase me! Chase me!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

To get it back on, (sort of), I very nearly took one of these extinction loons out the other day on the way home in my car.
They were dicking around at Luton Airport and one happened to wander into the road like an idiot. Rolling Eyes

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:19 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
bhinso wrote:

To get it back on, (sort of), I very nearly took one of these extinction loons out the other day on the way home in my car.
They were dicking around at Luton Airport and one happened to wander into the road like an idiot. Rolling Eyes

If you splatter them, does that increase or reduce their carbon footprint. If you run over their feet I presume the footprint gets bigger or is that not how it works? Thinking

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:38 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone ought to point out:

"Oi! Mate! If you want to reduce your carbon footprint you wanna stop breathing!"

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest cause of climate change, is over population. Just let the coronavirus do it's job, those who survive will have an immunity to it. We don't allow population control anymore..

There's famine, no flu pandemics or bubonic plague or even Ebola outbreaks that can run their course. Even the wars have far less fatalities, in WW2, the last decent population cull, millions died, look at the gulf wars, just thousands.

We do need some form of global population control/reduction

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 26 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:

This is why I never gave any money to Live Aid Twisted Evil

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:00 - 26 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:

This is why I never gave any money to Live Aid Twisted Evil

Feed the Welsh.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 27 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Biggest cause of climate change, is over population. Just let the coronavirus do it's job, those who survive will have an immunity to it. We don't allow population control anymore..

There's famine, no flu pandemics or bubonic plague or even Ebola outbreaks that can run their course. Even the wars have far less fatalities, in WW2, the last decent population cull, millions died, look at the gulf wars, just thousands.

A good start would be not giving publicity to women who have had 22 children, for their 'achievement'.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 61 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 22 of 55