Finally happened, picked it up today.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
(I could feel the waves of hate from innocent bystanders)

People roll up their windows when I pull up beside them, I'm never quite sure if its the noise or the smell.
Fuck 'em.
Fuck Boris and his bikes, fuck Khan and his gay ULEZ.
Fuck everybody.
Baffles out, young man.

EazyDuz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:18 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:

I'll fit the S&S gear-driven cam system eventually, all the bearings will be upgraded then. Smile

No PAIR valves or o2 sensors.

Do you have to order all the aftermarket parts and tools from America? Or does S&S kit have distributers in the UK?
Fatboy is the best looking Harley IMO, I prefer yours to the new model with that odd looking headlight

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:36 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

EazyDuz wrote:
Hetzer wrote:

I'll fit the S&S gear-driven cam system eventually, all the bearings will be upgraded then. Smile

No PAIR valves or o2 sensors.

Do you have to order all the aftermarket parts and tools from America? Or does S&S kit have distributers in the UK?
Fatboy is the best looking Harley IMO, I prefer yours to the new model with that odd looking headlight

The stuff is available in the UK but the price amounts to much the same as ordering from the USA and paying all the charges, so meh.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:38 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Hetzer wrote:
(I could feel the waves of hate from innocent bystanders)

People roll up their windows when I pull up beside them, I'm never quite sure if its the noise or the smell.
Fuck 'em.
Fuck everybody.
Baffles out, young man.

It's not often I'm so ambivalent. 55%/45% on this. Mr. Green

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Fuck 'em.
Fuck everybody.
Baffles out, young man.

Best post you've written (that I've seen) on this forum.

We're all on a countdown clock, they (the general public) have their plans for us and they never liked us anyway. All they want is for us to be neither seen nor heard, but to quietly disappear. They will perhaps file us away in some archive (BBC documentaries?) where their precious feelings aren't hurt and where they can turn the volume down and stop and start the video in between indoctrinating the class about how, in the distant past, people used to be so "toxic" that they used to ride motorcycles. No amount of social responsibility, being cool, nice and friendly will change public feeling, because public feeling is an outgrowth of human nature.

There's nothing new about this. I've been reading an interesting sociological PhD thesis (quite light reading - not heavy at all) from the mid-80s which describes all of this.

So yeah, while I'm not a fan of Harleys, baffles out, if just for the message it broadcasts.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:52 - 17 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discovered my Fuelpak needed a number set in one of its modes to unlock the rest of the modes which has allowed me to load the correct map for baffles out. I just took it for a test run, o m fucking g. Haters are going to hate, fuck 'em. Laughing

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 18 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you coping with the feet out in front thing. Always strikes me as a totally alien way to ride.

biker7
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:18 - 18 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
How are you coping with the feet out in front thing. Always strikes me as a totally alien way to ride.

After getting used to feet forward, all other positions seem cramped. Just relative, I suppose. At one time I had a Harley and a sports bike which I rode alternately. Never knew where to put my feet at first!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:42 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feet forward seems very conducive to cruising along and taking in the world... admittedly the only thing >125 I've ridden is the training school's MT07. That sort of bike just makes me want to lean forward and tear up great strips of tarmac at high speed!

"If there's one thing I can't resist... it's temptation!"

EazyDuz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two mod's i'd strongly recommend and go hand in hand:

1. Engine crash bars. Worth their weight in gold. Get ones wide enough so if you drop the bike at low speed, only the bar end and/or crash bar hits the ground. I have them on mine, dropped mine twice, £0 in damage compared to £200+ in broken plastic panels, bent levers, ugly scratched exhaust. For a Harley turn that £200 into £2000 Laughing

2. Highway pegs. Bolt right onto the crash bars wherever you want. Nice to stretch the legs on longer riders.

Wouldn't bother buying proper Harley stuff, just some cheap chromed bars will serve the purpose.

These are mine:

https://i.imgur.com/jpcpq8r.png

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:27 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

EazyDuz wrote:
Two mod's i'd strongly recommend and go hand in hand:

1. Engine crash bars. Worth their weight in gold. Get ones wide enough so if you drop the bike at low speed, only the bar end and/or crash bar hits the ground. I have them on mine, dropped mine twice, £0 in damage compared to £200+ in broken plastic panels, bent levers, ugly scratched exhaust. For a Harley turn that £200 into £2000 Laughing

2. Highway pegs. Bolt right onto the crash bars wherever you want. Nice to stretch the legs on longer riders.

Wouldn't bother buying proper Harley stuff, just some cheap chromed bars will serve the purpose.

These are mine:

https://i.imgur.com/jpcpq8r.png

I have those, they came with the bike. I took them off the next day, ugly as sin and not comfortable to use.

Riding position, the most comfortable I've had on a bike. Lots of room to shift my feet around, which alters leg geometry and reduces fatigue. Smile

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:58 - 19 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

EazyDuz wrote:
dropped mine twice

Don't drop it, don't need bars?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool leather or Nazi biker atrocity? Thinking

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=102570

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:18 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the latest version of Ein Phat Schweine.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=102571

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:48 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got these inbound.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=102576

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:03 - 04 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

After six hours of hard graft (me and Noriko), during which El Retardo (moi) managed to snap off the fuel-line inlet to the injectors and dump gas everywhere, we got the new lights & indicators installed.

Harley Davidson engineers, what a bunch of cunts. "Let's use this really weird and totally unnecessary fuel-hose clamp on the balance pipe to stop home DIY-ers doing their own work". Five minutes of hacksaw later, fuck off. Anyway, was well worth all the agg. Smile

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=102594

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 22:47 - 06 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Someone posts photos of their newly purchased Harley and no one has called them a fag yet? Rolling Eyes

Standards are slipping around here. Sad

Am I too late?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 261 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5