Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Keep thy face uncovered.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:50 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Keep thy face uncovered. Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48092641

This is good news.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:46 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuxake. Another petrol station helmet rant.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

In western society we 'read' peoples faces. From just that point of view it should be banned let alone the security aspect. Some shopping areas already ban hoodies being worn on their premises for the same reasons, identification, intimidation.

I wouldn't have let my kids be taught by someone wearing a full veil however good a teacher she was.

I presume in most Islamic societies that enforce the face coverings they don't regard women as important so it doesn't matter.

It's one thing I've never understood with these womens libbers. They are all for burning bras, ranting about men or whatever they do but they also support womens rights to wear a face covering as if she has a choice in the matter.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The wearing of veils in public places - and "abnormally" long beards - are prohibited in China's Xinjiang region."

Informative Thumbs Up

This ban in Sri Lanka? Stable door, horse bolted? Besides, I don't think it would have made any difference had it been implemented before.
If you really want to cut down on the number of snacks, the thing to do is ban Easter and Christmas Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:45 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
In western society we 'read' peoples faces. From just that point of view it should be banned let alone the security aspect. Some shopping areas already ban hoodies being worn on their premises for the same reasons, identification, intimidation.

I wouldn't have let my kids be taught by someone wearing a full veil however good a teacher she was.

I presume in most Islamic societies that enforce the face coverings they don't regard women as important so it doesn't matter.

It's one thing I've never understood with these womens libbers. They are all for burning bras, ranting about men or whatever they do but they also support womens rights to wear a face covering as if she has a choice in the matter.

Interesting point. The only thing is the women doesn't have an opinion in muslim cuntries so no need to waste any effort read anything.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:34 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
In western society we 'read' peoples faces.

Western countries also didn't have acid being thrown in faces or big brother everywhere.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
In western society we 'read' peoples faces.

Western countries also didn't have acid being thrown in faces or big brother everywhere.

Big brother has been in the western world for a long time.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arguably western culture still doesn't have those things, it's just backward fcks that have brought a barbaric culture with them.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
In western society we 'read' peoples faces

Ah so!

先生 Polarbear, glasshopper, this all of ploblem at root, Western round-eye read face left to right, inscrutable Oriental read top to bottom! So! Right-to-left!!!!! All life is sacred! Confusion is doorway to new understanding!

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:38 - 01 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genuine question. Why have the long beard but shave the top lip? I think Quakers do it too.

My beard is pure fashion and I like it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:48 - 01 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Genuine question. Why have the long beard but shave the top lip? I think Quakers do it too.

My beard is pure fashion and I like it.

Soup Tash is apparently a big Harram. Smile

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:32 - 01 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islams are supposed to have a closely shaven moustache and a fist-length beard in immitation of early pilgrims.

Longer than fist length is not strictly correct.

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 02 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand this ban as a reaction to the bombing? Were the bombs planted by people with full face veils? Sounds to me more like "Muslim people blew us up, so we're going to make life difficult for Muslims". More of a retaliation.

I'm all for a ban though, mostly because covering up women's faces all the time is not something I would want in any society. Everyone should be equal

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 09 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baffler186 wrote:
I'm not sure I understand this ban as a reaction to the bombing? Were the bombs planted by people with full face veils? Sounds to me more like "Muslim people blew us up, so we're going to make life difficult for Muslims". More of a retaliation.

I'm all for a ban though, mostly because covering up women's faces all the time is not something I would want in any society. Everyone should be equal

The full face veil is a symbol of the most extreme interpretation of Islam.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:02 - 09 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of weeks ago there was a story doing the rounds about a veteran GP who was facing the end of his career, because he asked a mother to remove her niqab, so that he could better understand her description of her child's illness.

She readily agreed, but her husband put in an official complaint and now the doctor has been suspended, pending a full investigation.

Anyone remember that and know if there has been a further outcome?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:40 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
Baffler186 wrote:

The full face veil is a symbol of the most extreme interpretation of Islam idiots.

FTFY!

Seriously though, the Qur'an only mentions men and women dressing "modestly" there's nothing about face-veils in there. It's a Middle-Eastern cultural export and zero to do with religion.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
Couple of weeks ago there was a story doing the rounds about a veteran GP who was facing the end of his career, because he asked a mother to remove her niqab, so that he could better understand her description of her child's illness.

She readily agreed, but her husband put in an official complaint and now the doctor has been suspended, pending a full investigation.

Anyone remember that and know if there has been a further outcome?

Yeah, he's going to hell Evil or Very Mad

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:33 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Yeah, he's going to hell Evil or Very Mad
Which one?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 313 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1