Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Persecution of Christians approaching "Genocide"

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Persecution of Christians approaching "Genocide" Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48146305

Tempted to get baptised now so I can play the "religious victim" card along with my race one Smile

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised they used that word. When they do something bad they're Christians. When they get bombed they're 'Easter Worshipers'.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Religion is aids

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you starting another anti-Muslim thread here?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why anti-Muslim?
No one mentioned that religion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:48 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Why anti-Muslim?
No one mentioned that religion.

I only asked a question. Perhaps the OP will answer, since I asked him.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:57 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to know what other anti-muslim threads I've started Razz

[edit]

Ah, you mean another along on the forum, not me personally, my apologies. But no... nothing specific but it is an article that officially confirms the persecution that <cough> certain groups (politically not religiously) have written off as bollox.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a W.H.A.S.P. and feel VERY persecuted.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:33 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

I must be having a moment, remind me what that stands for again?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Ah, you mean another along on the forum, not me personally, my apologies. But no... nothing specific but it is an article that officially confirms the persecution that <cough> certain groups (politically not religiously) have written off as bollox.

Yes, that's what I meant. You're likely to attract unwholesome attention, you see, along the lines of what I meant; not a personal attack.

It's unfortunate that yes, it does seem bad at the moment. China (although they persecute any religion, AFAIK), the Middle East, Africa. Generally it seems frequently tied to education and culture, but not always. Look at Syria, re Christianity, as it was before 2011, when the bottle was uncorked and the extremists let out, and now. Their new constitution (2012) guarantees the rights of all religions, and shares that (in articles 3 and 33) with the previous one. Of course, the primitive nature of some segments of the global population does promote internecine conflict

Last edited by Riejufixing on 21:44 - 03 May 2019; edited 1 time in total

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I read somewhere that China are using the threat of CCTV and facial recognition to "geofence" entire village populations. And I don't think they're worried about the 100%-wrong hit rate that the Met Police were getting with facial-rec Sad

It's at these moments I used to link the Black Eyed Peas "Where is the love?" but now I go with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3QoD6wiDI

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
It's at these moments I used to link the Black Eyed Peas "Where is the love?" but now I go with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3QoD6wiDI

That would've been done well by a '70s punk band.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:47 - 03 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Skudd wrote:

I must be having a moment, remind me what that stands for again?

White Heterosexual Anglo Saxon Protestant.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:35 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder you're having such a hard time! Glad I only get -2 virtue points from that list Smile

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:02 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair EVERY religion, should be persecuted. Nothing good comes of religion.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:47 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
To be fair EVERY religion, should be persecuted. Nothing good comes of religion.

Forget God, religions were invented as a means of social organisation and health and safety.

Basics
Don't kill, obvious
Don't sleep around stops STDs
Honor mum and dad. look after the old and if you are a kid do as you are told and keep in line.
Don't steal, really obvious.

Then you have the things like the jewish little hat thing, came from needing to wear a proper hat in the sun.
Only eat with one hand and use the other hand to wipe your arse, stops infection when sanitation isn't around
Not eating certain foods, can't store them long enough and they give you food poisoning.
Day of rest, we all like a day off.

These basics can be the foundation for any religion, the rest is just to enforce the rules via a third party, remember your Mum saying I'll tell your Dad? Or if you are good you can have some sweets? Same thing. The rest is just fll in and the politics crap that cause the wars.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 05 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:

You realise that in the olden days education was by monks and the church, that's how people learnt to read?
Your comment seems to come from a dislike of religion and not historical reality. Western society is a product of Christian morals.
That aside though, yeah, what have the Romans ever done for us? Wink

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 05 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:

Built straight roads so certain people back in the day couldn't build corner shops.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:56 - 07 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:

You realise that in the olden days education was by monks and the church, that's how people learnt to read?
Your comment seems to come from a dislike of religion and not historical reality. Western society is a product of Christian morals.

Yes 'educated at the extortionate cost of indoctrinated madness.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:09 - 07 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I disagree that core Christian values are madness, and I disagree with ignoring history because it doesn't fit a narrative.
I guess for some people to admit that religion had a positive impact in the past is to allow the idea that religion could have some positive aspects in the current. And ideas are bad.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 07 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Historically Christianity became very corrupt which is why Luther nailed his list of 95 f*ck ups to the cathedral door.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:05 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
MCN wrote:

I disagree that core Christian values are madness, and I disagree with ignoring history because it doesn't fit a narrative.

Core christian values aren't madness, they are common sense in a polite society.

What is madness is the idea that the slightest breach, even in thought, will lead to a life of purgatory.

That is about control, with the educated enforcing their beliefs (putting the fear of god) on the uneducated, mainly by limiting education to what the high ups allow you to know.

Fortunately, we now live in more enlightened times, where people can be educated by other than the religious.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:36 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
Core christian values aren't madness, they are common sense in a polite society.

They're common sense in a Christian society. Politeness is simply adherence to the social etiquette in place.

Shaft wrote:
What is madness is the idea that the slightest breach, even in thought, will lead to a life of purgatory.

You've never heard of the act of confession? It's where you talk through the things you've done wrong, accept that you're in the wrong and commit to moving on from those things and trying to be a better person. Confession is all about self reflection and holding yourself up to better ideals. At it's very core Christianity accepts that we aren't and will never be perfect. It isn't about retribution for wrong doing either. We can't become better people until we move on from our mistakes.

Shaft wrote:
That is about control, with the educated enforcing their beliefs (putting the fear of god) on the uneducated, mainly by limiting education to what the high ups allow you to know.

Christianity is really about controlling yourself (judge not others) by adhering to a set of rules that are actually intended to enable you to live a better life, and by that I mean a more personally fulfilled life.
Note, I'm referring to Christianity and not the Church. The church is a useful vessel for worship (reminding yourself of the values) but it is as flawed as every other large organisation.

Shaft wrote:
Fortunately, we now live in more enlightened times, where people can be educated by other than the religious..

Some of us live in more enlightened times. I think the assumption that we are all intelligent and fair thinking individuals is a stretch. There are plenty of immoral people out there, just as there has always been.
Christianity is in a broad sense the belief that there is more to life than immediate personal gratification. That there is a higher ideal to aspire to.

A lot people see religion as a set of rules and being told what to do, to which the natural reaction is "I won't be told what to do!". Consequently they never get as far as understanding what the rules can teach us about life and be of benefit.
Society has changed a hell of a lot in the last 50 years and the church's way of delivering Christian teachings has fallen behind (reflected in lower mass attendance). On the one hand the church has remained stable in a changing world, but it's also not reaching people.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Historically Christianity became very corrupt which is why Luther nailed his list of 95 f*ck ups to the cathedral door.

I agree with this, but went back to being Catholic because they see the pope as the head of the church.
C of E see the Monarch as the head of the church, which is fine with the Queen.
Unfortunately when she pops it, the head of the church will pass to someone who was heard on the phone saying he wanted to be Camilla Parker Bowles' tampon.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:24 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/history-of-religion-comic-magic-rocs-animals-magic-invisible-animals-people-in-the-sky-fewer-people-people-who-claim-have-come-from-the-sky-growing-up.jpg

You can have morals and community without magic sky fairies.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2