Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More money down the Madeleine drain?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:51 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: More money down the Madeleine drain? Reply with quote

https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/portuguese-detectives-have-new-suspect-in-madeleine-mccann-disappearance-11364359734449

A new suspect.

More money needed to continue.

£11.75 million so far.

I'm a father of 2 daughters and if it was one of mine who went missing and there was any chance of finding her or arresting the perpetrator I'd want it to continue.

However the cynic or practical person in me says enough although that is probably brought on by me despising her parents attitude from the first day.

Should we continue to throw tax payers money at this case?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

It seriously is time the parents 'fess up.

But they never will, will they?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they were in it for the money, just to cover up a crime. Having said that it's a bit odd they used funds raised to pay their mortgage off.

Obviously I have no proof that they did it, but I'm a firm believer in Occam's razor.

Being in the medicine business, Anesthesia no doubt easy to come by. Just zonk the kids out and we can have a night out without them waking up crying.

Ermm whoops maybe overdid that a little. How to cover this up?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:19 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never forget Mock the Week: "Things not to say at a dinner party"

Frankie Boyle: If we're all here, who's looking after Madeleine?

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 years ago..... Meanwhile in Rotherham.....

The thing is I have kids and I can't imagine the distress of losing one of them and yet..... I've never felt great sympathy for them. I just can't reconcile the fact that they left young children alone while they went for a boozy dinner.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is she disappeared in a hotel room on holiday IIRC, so the chances of it being some pedo are quite low as it's unlikely they would just randomly happen upon her. The most credible suspects as far as I'm concerned are the parents.

Maybe they should stick them on a lie detector test. Voluntarily of course, just to be sure Wink

Edit: Actually it seems people have suggested this and they refuse/are outranged. Guilty as hell IMO.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most telling thing for me (being a parent of 3) is that she was somehow "taken" from a room where the very young twins were asleep.

If I so much as opened the fridge door too hard on holiday the kids would wake up. Yet somehow the perpetrator broke in, searched for them, found them, got the correct bed, picked her up silently and left again without waking the twins.

Yeah right. It's that easy.

And just to add, the reason I was opening the fridge is because I would have been in the same place as my children, drinking in the building rather than leaving them on their own to go for a meal. 🤦‍♂️

Just that on its own shows how little they care about their kids, so it's a small skip and a jump from willful abandonment to overdosing on Calpol, or whatever they used.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
The most telling thing for me (being a parent of 3) is that she was somehow "taken" from a room where the very young twins were asleep.

If I so much as opened the fridge door too hard on holiday the kids would wake up. Yet somehow the perpetrator broke in, searched for them, found them, got the correct bed, picked her up silently and left again without waking the twins.

Yeah right. It's that easy.

And just to add, the reason I was opening the fridge is because I would have been in the same place as my children, drinking in the building rather than leaving them on their own to go for a meal. 🤦‍♂️

Just that on its own shows how little they care about their kids, so it's a small skip and a jump from willful abandonment to overdosing on Calpol, or whatever they used.

Yeah but your kids wouldn't have woken up so easily if you had given them 7mg of Zopiclone or Diazepam first. Or if you gave them 14mg then they probably wouldn't have woken up at all.

But... she did.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 04 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:51 - 05 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a whole aura of guilt about them. Even in the early days I just had that iffy feeling about them. Then things began dragging on and heaps of money and manpower was thrown at them. Detectives sacked and so many lines of inquiry chased - it became obvious that only certain lines were to be followed which to me was becoming strange. It was as if someone, somewhere, was steering the investigation and not allowing actual officers to follow leads to completion.
That interview where the mother refused to answer so many questions? WTF?? Completely wrong that and so guilty but again it was allowed.

The money thrown at this is astounding. The manpower alone is crazy and still it's going nowhere - why??
Am I right in thinking the family have connections to politicians and high up officials?

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:33 - 05 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the kind of person to point fingers or anything like that.... but:

https://i.imgur.com/rzbKlEA.jpg
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 06 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll never learn, will you?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1