Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A bit "hot" in the South-East.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 01 Jun 2019    Post subject: A bit "hot" in the South-East. Reply with quote

Some police activity to be expected.

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/hells-angels-surrey-arrests-motorbikes-16357484

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 01 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A total of 12 people - five Germans, three Hungarians, one Swiss, one French, one Czech and a Greek man - have been charged."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48482042

No reports of any actual violence at all.

Says they've already got 7 convictions... Shocked
Sounds bad, but if they got convictions that fast, it was just summary offences stuff (only the magistrates court is that fast in-and-out).

So I reckon it was probably just a bit of weed for the party, and the odd monkey fist (car dissuader), but the assistant chief wanted another feather in his cap (not to discount that this might be timed with an international concerted effort), and it's made national news headlines now.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 01 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
"A total of 12 people - five Germans, three Hungarians, one Swiss, one French, one Czech and a Greek man - have been charged."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48482042

Only 34 so far (weapons/drugs). Not casting aspersions, just mentioning police activity likely..

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 01 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, they're nothing to do with me, I'm just remarking on this news story which seems to have an extremely negative spin and blown out of all proportion. Stop and search 3000 random people and you will find a couple with illegal things on them. Just seems weird. I could put 2 and 2 together and say this has been coordinated and timed internationally, but it's none of my business anyway. It's the internet, innit. People are gonna discuss stuff that's none of their business. Laughing

I'm heading out towards Surrey tomorrow and I suspect I'll have no issues as I don't even ride a cruiser. Probably won't even see anything out of the ordinary.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 01 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this too a couple of weeks ago and then again yesterday. I did think of going elsewhere (other than Surrey/Sussex). But decided to stick to the plan.

Was out around Guildford, Horsham, Haywards Heath, Uckfield. Did 110 miles, saw 1 police car and 20-30 cruisers. In short, nothing.

Although, passing over....the A23 possibly, there were lots of people parked either side and staring over the bridge down onto the main road, expecting to see something(s).

True story.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:41 - 01 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Surrey, I have a faux-cruiser, I rode about... nothing happened!

The end.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:09 - 01 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media like to rub the public up the wrong way. Scaremongering.
And its a good excuse for the local police officers to massage their arrest statistics.

A rolling convoy of pikeys would be more likely to cause public damage, trouble in shops or bars, or fight with members of the public than most 1%ers.

They go on these runs every year, both here and abroad. It's their party time and they're mostly looking forward to getting out on the bike, riding like twazzocks with their mates, and then going on the piss (sound familiar?) and groping strippers ... yeah, just like everybody else.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:39 - 02 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
and groping strippers ... yeah, just like everybody else.

Not really... the world moved on and nobody is really doing this any more. Don't get me wrong - I'm a diehard 80s nut, you can't beat 80s bikes and 80s music. But not everything from the 80s survived the test of time as well as high quality bikes, music, sunglasses, etc. The reason guys aren't rough-and-ready and touching up strippers are myriad. If you have even 2 coins to rub together, chances are pretty high, in 2019, that touching a stranger, especially an acquisitive one like a stripper, is going to be the end of you. Your career, your life, your property, your freedom, gone. I won't even look at a stripper, personally. That's how far the pendulum has swung. Granted, there may be situations where it seems to be fine, namely situations where all the witnesses are mates you can really trust to back you up. But it's not an old-school world, in all sorts of ways. In some ways that's good, in others bad.

The reason I'm mentioning this is because all sorts of people are in the sights of certain pan-globalist interests now. Half the comments on Youtube videos about such clubs are from totally clueless people, often from a certain country, who think bikers, even in England, are synonymous with the far right (and I mean the proper far right), are "preppers" armed to the teeth and filled with a violent hatred of the wrong type of foreigner. This may be laughable nonsense but it's also a reason certain influential political forces can deploy police action and inaction to target "symbolic" groups. This issue is actually a lot bigger than 1% motorcycle clubs - I gather they don't like people talking about them but there are bigger moves afoot and it looks like these are interesting times.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:17 - 05 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hells Angels too hungover to ride to Brighton

MANY spectators were bitterly disappointed by the poor turnout for a Hells Angels event which ended in Brighton.

But police have now revealed that many of the club’s members were not fit to ride because they had too much to drink the night before.

The Angels were also deterred by a heavy police presence surrounding the event so many bikers did not end up making it to the south coast.

“We were also able to prevent 27 people from even entering the UK. All of those refused entry were international members of the Hell Angels and deemed to pose a risk to the public with previous convictions for serious violent crimes including; murder, kidnap, torture, drug supply, violent assaults and firearms offences.”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17680757.hells-angels-to-hungover-to-ride-to-brighton/
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:59 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Hells Angels too hungover to ride to Brighton
MANY spectators were bitterly disappointed by the poor turnout for a Hells Angels event which ended in Brighton.

Aww.
They let down their fan club.
The price of celebrity is very high.
Crying or Very sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 324 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1