New £50 note

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:10 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: New £50 note Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48962557

Anyone about to berate bearing a bender on the back? Blokes being bummers is bearable but buggering with banknotes?! Blimey! Beyond belief!!!

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Re: New £50 note Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:

Anyone about to berate bearing a bender on the back? Blokes being bummers is bearable but buggering with banknotes?! Blimey! Beyond belief!!!

Oh Alan Turing definitely belongs on the bank notes. People at GCHQ should be paid in £50 notes too, to remind them of Alan Turing and Gareth Williams.

There have been complaints about there not being any black people on the notes. Firstly, even if the person on the £50 was black, most BME wouldn't see them anyway according to what they left tell us. And secondly there are four notes, so are they now accepting that Britain is less than 75% white? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Churchill, Turing did more for the war effort than any other individual.
His reward was to be Chemically Castrated.

I'm up for putting a black person on a note. Who should we have? Nelson Mandella?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:38 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
According to Churchill, Turing did more for the war effort than any other individual.

I'm up for putting a black person on a note. Who should we have? Nelson Mandella?

I vote Lenny Henry...

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So on the one hand we've got Turing.
Cracked the enigma code, chemically eunoched leading to suicide.

On the other hand we've got Sir Lenny.
Annoying laugh, married a fat fcuker.

I get where all the virtue signalling is coming from now. Thumbs Up

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:46 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the very very very overweight chap who rides his 50cc scooter 6" from the edge of the A road....doesn't give a flying eff about potholes or puddles....doesn't raise a hand when cars n busses pass him and he gets momentarily sucked towards them.

I've followed his career for 2 years or more.

Legend. Put him on a note.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want someone who drives a derezzed mobility scooter on a note.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:53 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

His disregard for everything is something I aspire to. Wub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of us on here are white blokes.

However unlike other members of society, the vast majority do not care about him being gay. It matters not, not because not any left leaning quotas we just don't care.

What we do care about is service and this poor b...d has done more than any , more than anyone we know or will know.

Thanks for the many thousands of lives saved and thanks for inventing the computer so I can write what like this after 3 pints on a lovely summer's eve.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 15 Jul 2019    Post subject: Re: New £50 note Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:

YFPOS.

OGR
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:19 - 16 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
As he was 40 at the time of his “affair” with a 19 year old boy, was it the age of the boy that was more the problem?

Until recently the gay age of consent was 21 wasn’t it?

It all seems a bit silly though, most people wouldn’t even know if his arrest for his gay relationship if the virtue signallers didn’t have to make such a fuss of it.
This sums up modern gay activists and virtue signallers. They want to be treated the same, but spend all their effort forcing the idea that they’re somehow different down our throats at every opportunity.

Only you could turn having this bloke on a banknote into a general rant against gay people and 'virtue-signallers'. MDMA I applaud your consistency Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:17 - 16 Jul 2019    Post subject: Re: New £50 note Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:

You should pop up to Birmingham and get ya burka on.
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/may/31/high-court-bans-birmingham-school-protests-against-lgbt-lessons

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:14 - 16 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We're outside Highgate Cemetery today where they have just finished burying the joke from Hardly Davidson. Mr. Davidson, how are you feeling right now?"

"Sad, John, it wasn't the best joke - some would say it barely ranked as amusing - but to be killed so early... such a short life... didn't even get to see a second page... sorry, I'm getting a bit emotional."

"Back to you in the studio, Mary..."

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 16 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Diggs wrote:

Only you could turn having this bloke on a banknote into a general rant against gay people and 'virtue-signallers'. MDMA I applaud your consistency Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh fuck off already. Did you miss the opening post and link or are you just being an arse to start an argument again?

Are you saying that he is on the banknote because he was gay and it is all part of some great LBGWTXYZ agenda to turn the population homosexual?

I take it you will be refusing £50 notes on principle....

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:46 - 16 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

He's a yarpie terrorist. Might as well have Yasser Arafat.

I am struggling to think of a black British person who has done something to warrant the prestige of being on a bank note. Only if we go down the sports route, someone like Daley Thompson, but is sport important enough?

Edited to add, if Diggs suggests the Abbopotamus I shall ask the Pikey bitch that's trying to sell 'lucky' heather on the estate to put a very nasty curse on his man parts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 16 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you here Polarbear. I understand that the BAME are screaming for a black person to be on a bank note and I get where they are coming from.

The problem is, and I'm going to sound horribly racist here, but I can't think of any black person in this country who has done the same level of service as the likes of Shakespeare, Newton, Churchill, Turing, etc.

I'm open to suggestions from the forum Thumbs Up
Daley Thompson is a good shout. I was thinking Lewis Hamilton, Frank Bruno, Stormzy, someone from Genfell...

Jeez this is hard Sad

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:39 - 16 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

I’m guessing you’re trolling because most bacteria could work out the point i’m Making.

Me, trolling? Surely not....

Ignoring the fact that you don't like the BBC, what is wrong with us knowing that he was chemically castrated by the very society he saved? Would you prefer it if we imagined he lived out the rest of his days as an amiable old gent, pricking out roses and watching cricket?

Shouldn't the BBC be applauded for giving us an uncomfortable truth?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 16 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Edited to add, if Diggs suggests the Abbopotamus I shall ask the Pikey bitch that's trying to sell 'lucky' heather on the estate to put a very nasty curse on his man parts.

I'm guessing she's gone now...

Polarbear, just for you:

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 16 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's she doing on that note?
Looking up at Corby's Corey?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 16 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
What's she doing on that note?
Looking up at Corby's Corey?

Trying to add up.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 282 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3