Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Motorbike Licence Petition

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  
mohtab This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:58 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a worthy cause!
I bet they'll change the law because of this!
Thanks for making a difference. You're the best.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:59 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:17 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not sure you do need to sit the theory again on the progressive access route. Thinking

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why at 33 did you do the A1 route, it’s for 17 year olds.

I do however agree with removing the staged tests for the A2.

I was around 30, 15 years ago and I did the then A2 test, which you could turn up on your own bike. Then you were restricted for the first 2 years. I actually liked this route.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:11 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
Then you were restricted for the first 2 years. I actually liked this route.

Because no one knew about those restrictions and so it wasn't enforced. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:28 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all a bit daft...

Hardly Davidson's Bike Instructor wrote:
You need to pass the Mod 1 before we let you out on the road to do the Mod 2. And how do you travel to the Mod 1 test? On the bike you're going to use in the Mod 2... daft, innit?!

I could see an argument for folding Mod 1 & 2 together in a simplified test just for A1 for modern 125s - limp 4 stroke EFI. But then I think "no... we need to have a way to keep the riff-raff away from bikes!" Very Happy

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:26 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pointless petition is pointless. Our government currently has no legal power to do what you are asking. It's all set out in the EU 3rd driving licence directive.

After brexit, maybe, depending on how much cross-channel driving licence harmoization they decide to indulge in.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Re: Motorbike Licence Petition Reply with quote

mohtab wrote:
I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Please visit this link to sign the petition:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/267810/sponsors/new?token=38q1A4dJDwOVf0KFtI

My petition:

Revise motorcycle laws to make passing a motorbike test more affordable

I’m 36 and passed my A1 test 3 years ago. I now feel comfortable enough to progress to a higher tier motorbike but can’t because I need to re-sit my motorbike theory and practical tests, even though the law currently considers me safe enough to drive around on my current license.

The re-sit for a theory test makes absolutely no sense because I’m already safely putting the theory and practical tests into practice on my current licence. I feel the re-test it discriminatory against bikers because car drivers are not subject to the same rules. If the government insists on making things safer for bikes, I propose the government instead introduce a progressive training course for motorcyclists similar to the CBT that progresses riders from lower to higher tiers instead. This would be a much more effective approach because bikers would be trained specifically on handling a bigger capacity bike and not have to re demonstrate their ability to drive on roads.

Although I would love for the current rules to be reverted to the previous ones where we automatically progress to a full licence after two years. I honestly don't see them going back to that. The above is the first stepping stone in getting there eventually (hopefully with enough support)

Please direct your complaint to the European Commission as they are the ones who make the rules, the British government is powerless in this regard. While you are about it you should also contact the governments of places like Sweden who pushed for the original change which was imposed on the UK, and the UK was outvoted as always. There is no point petitioning the UK government, the DoT opposed the original changes Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:20 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was down to the government as to how to achieve it. Not the EU, they just said what they wanted.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 20 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

weasley wrote:
I’m not sure you do need to sit the theory again on the progressive access route. Thinking

I think he might have to take the theory test again, because he took it more than 3 years ago, which means it would have expired by now.

OP, you're out of touch. They're considering moving towards copying the bike staged licensing model for cars too:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-looks-at-steps-to-make-new-drivers-safer

In general, the signs seem to point towards making things more difficult for riders and drivers under the ruse of safety. I don't see this government or the next being interested in making things easier, particularly making it easier to get a bike licence. Seat belts have been compulsory in cars since 1983 and all occupants in cars have had to wear them since 1991. Nowadays cars are loaded with ABS, airbags, all kinds of warning systems, crash zones, you name it. Do you really think they will entertain making a bike licence easier?

I think your time would be better spent just booking your tests and passing them before they're made even more difficult and/or expensive. You've got to pay whatever a theory test costs right now, which isn't much, and maybe £100 a day (for a school's bike and instructor) for your Mod 1 and Mod 2. As you can ride, it should need no more than a couple of hours' familiarisation on the big bike on the same day as your test.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:18 - 21 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This petition is gathering support
Mohammed Tabriez’s petition needs 5 supporters before we will check that it meets the petition standards and publish it.

Please try again in a few days.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:07 - 22 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 22 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it like a GE where you lose your deposit if your support is that poor?

I'll sign it if you add 'Plus when you pass you get a free Wipey."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 24 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Boris, he's going to make everything nice again

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 26 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
Ask Boris, he's going to make everything nice again

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

No chance.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 26 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Single post to get his shite petition of fail a bit more exposure. Time for an appropriate rating I think.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:29 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
It was down to the government as to how to achieve it. Not the EU, they just said what they wanted.

I agree.
Other countries have different laws whether it's giving a bike licence after you've passed a car test or letting learners out with bigger bikes on basic training.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:42 - 07 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people should have to pass the motorcycle test or at least do the CBT before getting a car licence.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 254 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1