Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My Honda Glasgow Ordeal

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Junior J
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:02 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: My Honda Glasgow Ordeal Reply with quote

This is my first post please be gentle as there is about to be an unfolding horror story. Some of you will no doubt add should have known better so here goes. I had a long time away from bikes due to back / spinal injury in car crash, I coped badly with injuries and sale of my bike along with advice to give biking up along with other hobby of martial arts.
SO after a number of years returned to martial arts began to lose weight then get fitter and stronger, my left leg had residual nerve damage and neuropathy which hurts like **** at times.
SO on a Friday on day off after trianing martial arts walk to a well known Honda dealer to this forum who's initials are V+D Glasgow. Bought a used XJ6n which was great as am a shorty anyway. Was impressed with service and had bike two years loved it got my confidence back, from there decided wanted a GSR750 for bit more power. Loved the GSR but had an issue with weight my left leg buckles for no reason under load of bike so moved to a 2018 MT 07 last summer.
This was a big regret for me as damaged foot at martial arts so missed season last year.
That is background to me and now for main event, February 2019 we have really mild spell so take MT07 out for run and find out really don't like this as feels way too light at front. I had test ridden both old 07 and current 09 and liked old 07 so thought new improved one would be better it aint scared me as felt it had mind of it's own. Called dealer they checked bike over said it was fine including me feeling fuelling was also out but more concerned about lack of feedback and direction in bends.
I decide time to part with bike so looked around and fancied the new CB650R so took bike out next of three nice days in Feb and went around dealers then to VD Glasgow asked about CB650R advised will have demo in stock March call us back then and given a card.
Fast forwards a few months and decide to visit start of June (work had got in way, ask about bike "yeah their cracking bikes mate" then told can't get a demo which I said was weird as seen a few on youtube. Honda don't allow us a demo model just now was reply not totally convinced but agree a deposit £200. Should have known better there and then but had good experience in past so should be all good! Leave showroom with promise of updates in next few weeks. Yeah you know whats coming now I bet, three weeks later am on nightshifts so home and in bed on a very hot day so just asleep when phone goes. 10:30 "Hi it's VD Glasgow your bike has arrived and now ready to go, surprised but delighted tell salesman will collect at weekend as finish nightshift that night Thursday into Friday. Go back to sleep then around 16:00 wakened again by phone for reminder my bike is good to go for Friday I just grant, around 15 minutes later VD Glasgow call again to ask a few questions to get paperwork together for finance, I ask about what we'd agreed for my bike ignored then phone put down. Third time in hour another call to say bike can go Friday (tomorrow if I want) just make sure you change insurance again said we agreed Saturday but no reply then phone put down.
SO have all night Thursday to think this over and decide stuff this as not had any customer service from VD Glasgow and not been listened to as well as pressured to collect bike when they decided. Get home Friday sleep do some family stuff as care for my dad too, have done this long term and good at being organised so have already freed time for Saturday that week if needed.But now not collecting, I get several calls on Saturday from VD Glasgow as well as a few emails one tells me must be there and sign paperwork-what will happen if I didn't well Brexit wasn't solved by this Trump is still Trump and world remained the same despite me not signing their paperwork who'd a thunk!
Get a final call 15:30 from salesman tell him to forget it and don't want to deal he didn't listen or take note of my customer opinion and availability for collection ask what would have happened should I be on holiday? added had no updates so when did bike arrive and could have sorted time away from work and insurance etc. as with my insurer need a definitive time of handover to switch over cover to new bike. Reply was well if on holiday would need to have waited also bike had been at dealer 7 days before going through workshop so asked did phones only work when needed me to sign paperwork? Not happy salesman takes a fit. Well if you don't sign we will lose bonus this month/ quarter, well remember I'm a paying customer so had you given regular updates as promised listened to me when I said Saturday then called 3 times in hour to hurry sale through to meet bonus target and not listening to me has cost you. Well will sell bike no bother so reply please do so and don't care about deposit, change of heart tell you what how can we save the deal? My reply is don't know or care at this time not only Honda dealer in world I think. After some more discussion salesman says tell you what leave this to Tuesday sleep on it and will send you an email with improved terms Tuesday.
Tuesday comes and goes no email search junk mail etc. just in case but nothing, have a few days mandatory training at work ending that Friday so send email to salesman to ask if has come up with new deal or withdrawn given I haven't anything. I get a re-sent copy he may or may not have sent also decided to leave me a snippy patronising voicemail whilst I'm in training. Email VD Honda Glasgow that night underline why I'm now I'm through with them and decide to update my google review. So around 5 days later get email from brand manager asking me to call this is now two and a bit weeks after deal should have been done, we talk he listens asks for one last chance but salesman is on holiday for two weeks returns at end of July can I wait until then and come in to meet them? Agree as feel I want bike, he double checks by email and confirmed on phone last week 25th July says will need a day or two after salesman's holiday to get a date confirmed I agree this is OK.
However on 27th July am at martial arts training after hours with few guys in small group as we are more experienced and sometimes train after club hours, gym is 500 yards around corner from VD Glasgow Honda. So after training go to get my car and lo and behold salesman is locking up and not on holiday, jumps in car and next to me a t traffic lights so decide there and then we're really done now. Just to make sure I'm not wrong have a quick check on their social media page guess what him and his distinct car are in new customers pick at bike handover on 26th July so clearly not on holiday to end of July or this week.
I would urge anyone thinking of dealing with these charlatans to avoid like plague as not capable of listening to customers, tried ti hustle like shady double glazing salesmen then tell blatant lies to an already aggrieved customer. They are a waste of space and if this is sales what is rest of business like then, I know they have been outed here in past so feel time to update as they have not learnt from past. I will never set foot in their place again and hope this lets others see their piss poor attitude to people who work hard to help pay their wages. Such a small minded backwards thinking outfit their not better than me or anyone else just a bunch of Daley wannabe's and never will be's avoid like the bubonic, black death and that crazy ex we all have and hope never see again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:33 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dr Victor Devine Motorcycles problems.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:35 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Re: My Honda Glasgow Ordeal Reply with quote

Junior J wrote:
This is my first post please be gentle as there is about to be an unfolding horror story. Some of you will no doubt add should have known better so here goes. I had a long time away from bikes due to back / spinal injury in car crash, I coped badly with injuries and sale of my bike along with advice to give biking up along with other hobby of martial arts.
SO after a number of years returned to martial arts began to lose weight then get fitter and stronger, my left leg had residual nerve damage and neuropathy which hurts like **** at times.
SO on a Friday on day off after trianing martial arts walk to a well known Honda dealer to this forum who's initials are V+D Glasgow. Bought a used XJ6n which was great as am a shorty anyway. Was impressed with service and had bike two years loved it got my confidence back, from there decided wanted a GSR750 for bit more power. Loved the GSR but had an issue with weight my left leg buckles for no reason under load of bike so moved to a 2018 MT 07 last summer.
This was a big regret for me as damaged foot at martial arts so missed season last year.
That is background to me and now for main event, February 2019 we have really mild spell so take MT07 out for run and find out really don't like this as feels way too light at front. I had test ridden both old 07 and current 09 and liked old 07 so thought new improved one would be better it aint scared me as felt it had mind of it's own. Called dealer they checked bike over said it was fine including me feeling fuelling was also out but more concerned about lack of feedback and direction in bends.
I decide time to part with bike so looked around and fancied the new CB650R so took bike out next of three nice days in Feb and went around dealers then to VD Glasgow asked about CB650R advised will have demo in stock March call us back then and given a card.
Fast forwards a few months and decide to visit start of June (work had got in way, ask about bike "yeah their cracking bikes mate" then told can't get a demo which I said was weird as seen a few on youtube. Honda don't allow us a demo model just now was reply not totally convinced but agree a deposit £200. Should have known better there and then but had good experience in past so should be all good! Leave showroom with promise of updates in next few weeks. Yeah you know whats coming now I bet, three weeks later am on nightshifts so home and in bed on a very hot day so just asleep when phone goes. 10:30 "Hi it's VD Glasgow your bike has arrived and now ready to go, surprised but delighted tell salesman will collect at weekend as finish nightshift that night Thursday into Friday. Go back to sleep then around 16:00 wakened again by phone for reminder my bike is good to go for Friday I just grant, around 15 minutes later VD Glasgow call again to ask a few questions to get paperwork together for finance, I ask about what we'd agreed for my bike ignored then phone put down. Third time in hour another call to say bike can go Friday (tomorrow if I want) just make sure you change insurance again said we agreed Saturday but no reply then phone put down.
SO have all night Thursday to think this over and decide stuff this as not had any customer service from VD Glasgow and not been listened to as well as pressured to collect bike when they decided. Get home Friday sleep do some family stuff as care for my dad too, have done this long term and good at being organised so have already freed time for Saturday that week if needed.But now not collecting, I get several calls on Saturday from VD Glasgow as well as a few emails one tells me must be there and sign paperwork-what will happen if I didn't well Brexit wasn't solved by this Trump is still Trump and world remained the same despite me not signing their paperwork who'd a thunk!
Get a final call 15:30 from salesman tell him to forget it and don't want to deal he didn't listen or take note of my customer opinion and availability for collection ask what would have happened should I be on holiday? added had no updates so when did bike arrive and could have sorted time away from work and insurance etc. as with my insurer need a definitive time of handover to switch over cover to new bike. Reply was well if on holiday would need to have waited also bike had been at dealer 7 days before going through workshop so asked did phones only work when needed me to sign paperwork? Not happy salesman takes a fit. Well if you don't sign we will lose bonus this month/ quarter, well remember I'm a paying customer so had you given regular updates as promised listened to me when I said Saturday then called 3 times in hour to hurry sale through to meet bonus target and not listening to me has cost you. Well will sell bike no bother so reply please do so and don't care about deposit, change of heart tell you what how can we save the deal? My reply is don't know or care at this time not only Honda dealer in world I think. After some more discussion salesman says tell you what leave this to Tuesday sleep on it and will send you an email with improved terms Tuesday.
Tuesday comes and goes no email search junk mail etc. just in case but nothing, have a few days mandatory training at work ending that Friday so send email to salesman to ask if has come up with new deal or withdrawn given I haven't anything. I get a re-sent copy he may or may not have sent also decided to leave me a snippy patronising voicemail whilst I'm in training. Email VD Honda Glasgow that night underline why I'm now I'm through with them and decide to update my google review. So around 5 days later get email from brand manager asking me to call this is now two and a bit weeks after deal should have been done, we talk he listens asks for one last chance but salesman is on holiday for two weeks returns at end of July can I wait until then and come in to meet them? Agree as feel I want bike, he double checks by email and confirmed on phone last week 25th July says will need a day or two after salesman's holiday to get a date confirmed I agree this is OK.
However on 27th July am at martial arts training after hours with few guys in small group as we are more experienced and sometimes train after club hours, gym is 500 yards around corner from VD Glasgow Honda. So after training go to get my car and lo and behold salesman is locking up and not on holiday, jumps in car and next to me a t traffic lights so decide there and then we're really done now. Just to make sure I'm not wrong have a quick check on their social media page guess what him and his distinct car are in new customers pick at bike handover on 26th July so clearly not on holiday to end of July or this week.
I would urge anyone thinking of dealing with these charlatans to avoid like plague as not capable of listening to customers, tried ti hustle like shady double glazing salesmen then tell blatant lies to an already aggrieved customer. They are a waste of space and if this is sales what is rest of business like then, I know they have been outed here in past so feel time to update as they have not learnt from past. I will never set foot in their place again and hope this lets others see their piss poor attitude to people who work hard to help pay their wages. Such a small minded backwards thinking outfit their not better than me or anyone else just a bunch of Daley wannabe's and never will be's avoid like the bubonic, black death and that crazy ex we all have and hope never see again.

From the teffing above I got the impression that you fucked about the salesman and then didn't want the bike, so how were you ripped off or lost?

Sounds like you had a hissy fit for no good reason.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have I not read something similar last year? The first few paragraphs ring a bell.
Is this a sock b*tching at dealers everywhere account?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:48 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google review says:

"Long and short is will not be back due to poor customer service and a pushy condescending attitude to me as customer, this lead to me walking away from a deal on new bike. Ignored, dismissed throughout then there was hard sell pushiness throughout to make targets and bonus.
Pity really as would have concluded deal in heartbeat if treated right - not different or special just proper and courtesy that don't cost anything or make any profit but generates both loyalty and goodwill. Not once did you listen or hear what I said, haphazard approach just to meet targets cost you and would have been back for servicing/ new riding gear where would have made more money but too short sighted and lost a customer who was a happy one before."

"Response from the owner
Jim, first of all many thanks for taking the time and writing a review. I am really sorry that you feel this way. I want to bring to your attention that pushy sales is not a part of our policy. Please do let me know if there is anything that we can do to make it right for you. You can speak directly to Abe Berry (General Manager). We strive to do our best when it comes to customer service and we take every feedback very seriously."

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:09 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Have I not read something similar last year? The first few paragraphs ring a bell.
Is this a sock b*tching at dealers everywhere account?

Nah, VD has a well known reputation, there's not much would surprise me.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were they the dealers with the "flux" ridden CBF?

Though OP does sound like a level 99 autist.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was really hard to read, paragraphs and some punctuation would have helped.

I've heard of their reputation previously but I've recently had a few dealings with them and found them pretty good. I actually picked up a brand new bike from them today and it couldnt have gone more smoothly. They also had no trouble holding the bike for me for over a week before I signed the paperwork due to the fact I was going on holiday. The bike was also sold to me at a pretty competitive price and I've taken advantage of a few test rides from them without any pressure to buy a bike. They've also been helpful in sourcing some hard to find parts for one of my other bikes, again at a good price.

Basically I've had no issues with them so far and would quite happily use their services again. This was actually the first time I've bought a bike from a dealer. Abe Berry in particular has been helpful and their parts and accessories guys know their stuff.

I'll update if any issues arise.

Junior J
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:56 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for replies, sorry about spelling/ punctuation I am profoundly dyslexic so grammar isn't a strong suit.
I don't have autistic tropes am afraid and not prone to going off on one however feel there is element that they have deserved this. I'm big enough to have owned enough cars and bikes to know what to do, I as customer gave clarity on when I could collect and what I expected: point is my views were discarded from first call that day.
I have spent years in people businesses so know how difficult customers can be so try not to be like that however when you tell someone at 10:30 you know what your doing and will be there 48 hours later should have been enough not hassled repeatedly later the same day especially when trying to sleep.
For me last straw think was being advised salesman is off until this week yet patently not case would have gladly met with both and tried to work out something. However when salesman is there in front of you when you have been told he was on holiday seems a bit off.
KGM glad it went well for you and that you're happy as mentioned was previously happy dealing with them but just now have no faith.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave....
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:58 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traded in and bought my present bike from them, no issues at all?
If anything it was a positive experience.

instigator.
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:08 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used VD once about 15 years ago. I left my keys with them for an MOT. Come back later only to find out they had MOT'd the wrong bike (the keys I gave them fitted another random ZX6R parked across the road, they didn't bother to note the colour or registration plate). Laughing They went and successfully took some poor blokes ZX6R and MOT'd it without their knowledge. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:20 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junior J wrote:
Hi and thanks for replies, sorry about spelling/ punctuation I am profoundly dyslexic so grammar isn't a strong suit.
I don't have autistic tropes am afraid and not prone to going off on one however feel there is element that they have deserved this. I'm big enough to have owned enough cars and bikes to know what to do, I as customer gave clarity on when I could collect and what I expected: point is my views were discarded from first call that day.
I have spent years in people businesses so know how difficult customers can be so try not to be like that however when you tell someone at 10:30 you know what your doing and will be there 48 hours later should have been enough not hassled repeatedly later the same day especially when trying to sleep.
For me last straw think was being advised salesman is off until this week yet patently not case would have gladly met with both and tried to work out something. However when salesman is there in front of you when you have been told he was on holiday seems a bit off.
KGM glad it went well for you and that you're happy as mentioned was previously happy dealing with them but just now have no faith.

Sounds very much like they decided that you were a waste of time and space and treated you as such.

Patently they realised that you were the sort of customer they didn't want.

McHattrick
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, the moral of this story is...
If you work night shift, and don't want to be annoyed by daytime people doing their daytime jobs, SWITCH YOUR PHONE OFF.

Shocked

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried hard and persevered when reading your post, to understand what you're talking about. It seems that your issue with this company is that they took your £200 deposit and then got the bike and determined it was all a done deal on their timeframe and terms, without having followed the specific terms and criteria you had discussed on the phone. Thereafter, issues arose over miscommunication and ignored calls and ultimatums, resulting in both them and you being frustrated.

There were a lot of things that could have gone wrong from the time you put down the deposit. You had agreed specific terms and a schedule, but you did this over the phone and nothing was in writing, so this was a he said, she said situation. You expressed your dissatisfaction, and they tried to make amends, but the essence of it is, you really wanted the bike at some point, yet you wanted a cooling-off period as well. The deposit was therefore an emotional decision. From their point of view, yes they are salesmen and salesmen are all the same, and yes, you pay a premium whenever there is a middleman or dealer (in all situations, whether to do with vehicles or otherwise) and salesmen are naturally incentivised by commissions. So, at various times, they have alternated between playing loose and fast, while not knowing you had cold feet. To be fair, if they believed you truly were nuts over buying that bike, even on finance, then they believed they could get away with all this by creating a win-win situation. They didn't reckon on you having a sort of martial arts "duty and honour" thing going ("you lied about being on holiday!" etc.) They assumed you were sort of pragmatic and would work around or with them, but they had misread the situation.

I don't know, but maybe this is all in the way of experience in dealing with middlemen and knowing how to read between the lines. For example, consider estate agents. Yes, they have some properties for sale, but not all their ads are for real properties that are for sale. If you don't receive a quick response to an enquiry, you take that as a sign. If you do, then you read between the lines there as well. You've got to consider stock levels and their motivations.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:29 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to get a vxr on finance from Vauxhall last year...idk why but everything about it just ticked all the boxes, couple of weeks later when it was ready to be collected after not hearing from them all all despite trying 4 times to speak to the guy I got a call out the blue which went to voicemail saying it's ready to go and they've just given it a super mega awesome clean of some shit and can I come asap today to collect

Informed them I couldn't I was at work for the next few days and wouldn't get there on time and asked why I had no notice..."just how smooth things run round here"

Next day wake up to 3 emails asking me to come get it today, replied saying nope I'm working it was discussed that it would need to wait 3 days.

Later on another email requesting a time I would be there 3 days later... rough time given.

Next day email and voicemail asking if I could come down any sooner as its sat there waiting.

Replied telling them I'm no longer interested as they refused to listen and trying to shove it down my throat on their terms... followed up by 4 missed calls from them by the end of my shift ...and that's how they ended up on my block list.

Boils my piss.

Never did get a vxr... decided to just get an old mk8 civic turbo diesel and now I barely drive so it was a good thing in the end.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:21 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it, but can't understand what the salesman did wrong, apart from possibly insisting that you collect the bike on a certain day? You then seem lukewarm about buying the bike...

I can't decypher it. It's hardly the crime of the century. It's not great service, but it's not like they took the full price and then didn't supply a bike or something?

I really am puzzled at this, probably because the original post is quite difficult to understand.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:08 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Re: My Honda Glasgow Ordeal Reply with quote

OP orders a bike, changes his mind a few times, ummms and arrrrrs about it some more. The dealer is getting a bit bored with this by now plus OP works nights so after the response they got the first time they woke him up in the day, they're not phoning him lots of times to provide updates about the bike which OP may or may not want.

They didn't bend over backwards to try and persuade the OP to buy the bike and they didn't hassle him with phone calls to see if he had changed his mind.

I'm not really sure what they did wrong and it wasn't a case of for flux sake. It's not the end of the world for them to have lost a customer who didn't know if he wanted to buy a bike. Laughing

Because I'm nice, here's a version of the original post that's nice and easy to read:

This is my first post please be gentle as there is about to be an unfolding horror story. Some of you will no doubt add should have known better so here goes.

I had a long time away from bikes due to back / spinal injury in car crash, I coped badly with injuries and sale of my bike along with advice to give biking up along with other hobby of martial arts.

Sp after a number of years returned to martial arts began to lose weight then get fitter and stronger, my left leg had residual nerve damage and neuropathy which hurts like **** at times.

So on a Friday on day off after trianing martial arts walk to a well known Honda dealer to this forum who's initials are V+D Glasgow. Bought a used XJ6n which was great as am a shorty anyway. Was impressed with service and had bike two years loved it got my confidence back, from there decided wanted a GSR750 for bit more power. Loved the GSR but had an issue with weight my left leg buckles for no reason under load of bike so moved to a 2018 MT 07 last summer.

Fast forwards a few months and decide to visit start of June (work had got in way, ask about bike "yeah their cracking bikes mate" then told can't get a demo which I said was weird as seen a few on youtube.

Honda don't allow us a demo model just now was reply not totally convinced but agree a deposit £200. Should have known better there and then but had good experience in past so should be all good! Leave showroom with promise of updates in next few weeks.

Yeah you know whats coming now I bet, three weeks later am on nightshifts so home and in bed on a very hot day so just asleep when phone goes. 10:30 "Hi it's VD Glasgow your bike has arrived and now ready to go, surprised but delighted tell salesman will collect at weekend as finish nightshift that night Thursday into Friday. Go back to sleep then around 16:00 wakened again by phone for reminder my bike is good to go for Friday I just grant, around 15 minutes later VD Glasgow call again to ask a few questions to get paperwork together for finance, I ask about what we'd agreed for my bike ignored then phone put down. Third time in hour another call to say bike can go Friday (tomorrow if I want) just make sure you change insurance again said we agreed Saturday but no reply then phone put down.

So have all night Thursday to think this over and decide stuff this as not had any customer service from VD Glasgow and not been listened to as well as pressured to collect bike when they decided. Get home Friday sleep do some family stuff as care for my dad too, have done this long term and good at being organised so have already freed time for Saturday that week if needed. But now not collecting, I get several calls on Saturday from VD Glasgow as well as a few emails one tells me must be there and sign paperwork-what will happen if I didn't well Brexit wasn't solved by this Trump is still Trump and world remained the same despite me not signing their paperwork who'd a thunk!

Get a final call 15:30 from salesman tell him to forget it and don't want to deal he didn't listen or take note of my customer opinion and availability for collection ask what would have happened should I be on holiday? added had no updates so when did bike arrive and could have sorted time away from work and insurance etc. as with my insurer need a definitive time of handover to switch over cover to new bike. Reply was well if on holiday would need to have waited also bike had been at dealer 7 days before going through workshop so asked did phones only work when needed me to sign paperwork?

Not happy salesman takes a fit. Well if you don't sign we will lose bonus this month/ quarter, well remember I'm a paying customer so had you given regular updates as promised listened to me when I said Saturday then called 3 times in hour to hurry sale through to meet bonus target and not listening to me has cost you. Well will sell bike no bother so reply please do so and don't care about deposit, change of heart tell you what how can we save the deal?

My reply is don't know or care at this time not only Honda dealer in world I think. After some more discussion salesman says tell you what leave this to Tuesday sleep on it and will send you an email with improved terms Tuesday.

Tuesday comes and goes no email search junk mail etc. just in case but nothing, have a few days mandatory training at work ending that Friday so send email to salesman to ask if has come up with new deal or withdrawn given I haven't anything. I get a re-sent copy he may or may not have sent also decided to leave me a snippy patronising voicemail whilst I'm in training.

Email VD Honda Glasgow that night underline why I'm now I'm through with them and decide to update my google review. So around 5 days later get email from brand manager asking me to call this is now two and a bit weeks after deal should have been done, we talk he listens asks for one last chance but salesman is on holiday for two weeks returns at end of July can I wait until then and come in to meet them?

Agree as feel I want bike, he double checks by email and confirmed on phone last week 25th July says will need a day or two after salesman's holiday to get a date confirmed I agree this is OK.
However on 27th July am at martial arts training after hours with few guys in small group as we are more experienced and sometimes train after club hours, gym is 500 yards around corner from VD Glasgow Honda.

So after training go to get my car and lo and behold salesman is locking up and not on holiday, jumps in car and next to me a t traffic lights so decide there and then we're really done now. Just to make sure I'm not wrong have a quick check on their social media page guess what him and his distinct car are in new customers pick at bike handover on 26th July so clearly not on holiday to end of July or this week.

I would urge anyone thinking of dealing with these charlatans to avoid like plague as not capable of listening to customers, tried ti hustle like shady double glazing salesmen then tell blatant lies to an already aggrieved customer.

They are a waste of space and if this is sales what is rest of business like then, I know they have been outed here in past so feel time to update as they have not learnt from past.

I will never set foot in their place again and hope this lets others see their piss poor attitude to people who work hard to help pay their wages. Such a small minded backwards thinking outfit their not better than me or anyone else just a bunch of Daley wannabe's and never will be's avoid like the bubonic, black death and that crazy ex we all have and hope never see again.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste for mod Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:47 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Because I'm nice, here's a version of the original post that's nice and easy to read:

Still TL;DR (although I'm looking forward to Teff Senior's reply).

Junior put down a £200 deposit, said he'd collect new bike on a Saturday, salesman said it's here, come and get it, OP said "not coming." I just don't understand why. Everything else is irrelevant.

Is there some sort of sales bonus in selling (or financing) a bike at the end of the month?

McHattrick
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:04 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Re: My Honda Glasgow Ordeal Reply with quote

Junior J wrote:
This is my first post please be gentle as there is about to be an unfolding horror story.

It was indeed a horror story, but Ste's deciphering has made it way more palatable. Shocked

Junior J wrote:

Honda don't allow us a demo model just now was reply not totally convinced but agree a deposit £200. Should have known better there and then

Eh.. should have known better than to buy a bike you may or may not be able to ride because of your disability? Or should we run away when dealers don't have demo bikes?... or not agree deposits?.... Confused

Junior J wrote:

Yeah you know whats coming now I bet

Nah mate.. no way.. willing to bet nobody on this forum (or indeed this planet) could have guessed what was coming next...

Rolling Eyes

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tits and Gary or sod off.

I think that was the old BCF response.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:01 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I just don't understand why.

"all night Thursday to think this over and decide stuff this as not had any customer service from VD Glasgow and not been listened to as well as pressured to collect bike"

"But now not collecting, I get several calls on Saturday from VD Glasgow as well as a few emails"

"a final call 15:30 from salesman tell him to forget it and don't want to deal he didn't listen or take note of my customer opinion and availability for collection"

"Not happy salesman takes a fit. Well if you don't sign we will lose bonus this month/ quarter, well remember I'm a paying customer so had you given regular updates as promised listened to me when I said Saturday"

"don't care about deposit, change of heart tell you what how can we save the deal? "

"don't know or care at this time not only Honda dealer in world"

"salesman says tell you what leave this to Tuesday sleep on it and will send you an email with improved terms Tuesday"

"Tuesday comes and goes no email"

"Friday so send email to salesman to ask if has come up with new deal or withdrawn given I haven't anything. I get a re-sent copy he may or may not have sent"

"I'm through with them and decide to update my google review"

"get email from brand manager asking me to call ... we talk he listens asks for one last chance"

"Agree as feel I want bike"

Eh? Laughing

Makes perfect sense.

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Is there some sort of sales bonus in selling (or financing) a bike at the end of the month?

Yes and yes, for the salesman and the dealership so OP could have used that to his advantage and everyone would have been happy.

It's not worth their time trying to appease people who haven't decided if they want to buy the bike. To me, it sounds like they were very patient with him!!

I think the moral of the story is you should decide if you want the bike before getting the dealer to order one for you and if you change your mind, just tell them rather than fucking them.

OP has bought the bike from somewhere else now?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:52 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Re: My Honda Glasgow Ordeal Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
OP orders a bike, changes his mind a few times, ummms and arrrrrs about it some more. The dealer is getting a bit bored with this by now plus OP works nights so after the response they got the first time they woke him up in the day, they're not phoning him lots of times to provide updates about the bike which OP may or may not want.

They didn't bend over backwards to try and persuade the OP to buy the bike and they didn't hassle him with phone calls to see if he had changed his mind.

I'm not really sure what they did wrong and it wasn't a case of for flux sake. It's not the end of the world for them to have lost a customer who didn't know if he wanted to buy a bike. Laughing

This is my first post please be gentle as there is about to be an unfolding horror story. Some of you will no doubt add should have known better so here goes.

I had a long time away from bikes due to back / spinal injury in car crash, I coped badly with injuries and sale of my bike along with advice to give biking up along with other hobby of martial arts.

Sp after a number of years returned to martial arts began to lose weight then get fitter and stronger, my left leg had residual nerve damage and neuropathy which hurts like **** at times.

So on a Friday on day off after trianing martial arts walk to a well known Honda dealer to this forum who's initials are V+D Glasgow. Bought a used XJ6n which was great as am a shorty anyway. Was impressed with service and had bike two years loved it got my confidence back, from there decided wanted a GSR750 for bit more power. Loved the GSR but had an issue with weight my left leg buckles for no reason under load of bike so moved to a 2018 MT 07 last summer.

Fast forwards a few months and decide to visit start of June (work had got in way, ask about bike "yeah their cracking bikes mate" then told can't get a demo which I said was weird as seen a few on youtube.

Honda don't allow us a demo model just now was reply not totally convinced but agree a deposit £200. Should have known better there and then but had good experience in past so should be all good! Leave showroom with promise of updates in next few weeks.

Yeah you know whats coming now I bet, three weeks later am on nightshifts so home and in bed on a very hot day so just asleep when phone goes. 10:30 "Hi it's VD Glasgow your bike has arrived and now ready to go, surprised but delighted tell salesman will collect at weekend as finish nightshift that night Thursday into Friday. Go back to sleep then around 16:00 wakened again by phone for reminder my bike is good to go for Friday I just grant, around 15 minutes later VD Glasgow call again to ask a few questions to get paperwork together for finance, I ask about what we'd agreed for my bike ignored then phone put down. Third time in hour another call to say bike can go Friday (tomorrow if I want) just make sure you change insurance again said we agreed Saturday but no reply then phone put down.

So have all night Thursday to think this over and decide stuff this as not had any customer service from VD Glasgow and not been listened to as well as pressured to collect bike when they decided. Get home Friday sleep do some family stuff as care for my dad too, have done this long term and good at being organised so have already freed time for Saturday that week if needed. But now not collecting, I get several calls on Saturday from VD Glasgow as well as a few emails one tells me must be there and sign paperwork-what will happen if I didn't well Brexit wasn't solved by this Trump is still Trump and world remained the same despite me not signing their paperwork who'd a thunk!

Get a final call 15:30 from salesman tell him to forget it and don't want to deal he didn't listen or take note of my customer opinion and availability for collection ask what would have happened should I be on holiday? added had no updates so when did bike arrive and could have sorted time away from work and insurance etc. as with my insurer need a definitive time of handover to switch over cover to new bike. Reply was well if on holiday would need to have waited also bike had been at dealer 7 days before going through workshop so asked did phones only work when needed me to sign paperwork?

Not happy salesman takes a fit. Well if you don't sign we will lose bonus this month/ quarter, well remember I'm a paying customer so had you given regular updates as promised listened to me when I said Saturday then called 3 times in hour to hurry sale through to meet bonus target and not listening to me has cost you. Well will sell bike no bother so reply please do so and don't care about deposit, change of heart tell you what how can we save the deal?

My reply is don't know or care at this time not only Honda dealer in world I think. After some more discussion salesman says tell you what leave this to Tuesday sleep on it and will send you an email with improved terms Tuesday.

Tuesday comes and goes no email search junk mail etc. just in case but nothing, have a few days mandatory training at work ending that Friday so send email to salesman to ask if has come up with new deal or withdrawn given I haven't anything. I get a re-sent copy he may or may not have sent also decided to leave me a snippy patronising voicemail whilst I'm in training.

Email VD Honda Glasgow that night underline why I'm now I'm through with them and decide to update my google review. So around 5 days later get email from brand manager asking me to call this is now two and a bit weeks after deal should have been done, we talk he listens asks for one last chance but salesman is on holiday for two weeks returns at end of July can I wait until then and come in to meet them?

Agree as feel I want bike, he double checks by email and confirmed on phone last week 25th July says will need a day or two after salesman's holiday to get a date confirmed I agree this is OK.
However on 27th July am at martial arts training after hours with few guys in small group as we are more experienced and sometimes train after club hours, gym is 500 yards around corner from VD Glasgow Honda.

So after training go to get my car and lo and behold salesman is locking up and not on holiday, jumps in car and next to me a t traffic lights so decide there and then we're really done now. Just to make sure I'm not wrong have a quick check on their social media page guess what him and his distinct car are in new customers pick at bike handover on 26th July so clearly not on holiday to end of July or this week.

I would urge anyone thinking of dealing with these charlatans to avoid like plague as not capable of listening to customers, tried ti hustle like shady double glazing salesmen then tell blatant lies to an already aggrieved customer.

They are a waste of space and if this is sales what is rest of business like then, I know they have been outed here in past so feel time to update as they have not learnt from past.

I will never set foot in their place again and hope this lets others see their piss poor attitude to people who work hard to help pay their wages. Such a small minded backwards thinking outfit their not better than me or anyone else just a bunch of Daley wannabe's and never will be's avoid like the bubonic, black death and that crazy ex we all have and hope never see again.

For Fuck Sake Ste..

Has Da Tef hacked your account?

McHattrick
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Re: My Honda Glasgow Ordeal Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

For Fuck Sake Ste..

No way it was Tef... unless he's secretly been taking spelling and punctuation classes.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:50 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Re: My Honda Glasgow Ordeal Reply with quote

McHattrick wrote:
MCN wrote:

For Fuck Sake Ste..

No way it was Tef... unless he's secretly been taking spelling and punctuation classes.

Ste (Tef) 4 mode. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 271 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2