BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Any tattooists here?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:51 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

North of Wallsend (Tyneside) I managed to get a rate down to £45 an hour but the piece is huge and took a lot of sittings (lost count lol). Mixed in with that I agreed to help give their shop a 'unique' look. They've been around for years and the whole place is very good and clean but boring - I plied them with large natural crystals, animal skulls and other interesting weirdness to enhance the reception areas. Not only does it look better but they can also design things by looking at the real thing so to speak.

I can't help with your question because what I have is very different to what you want.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:55 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tattoos are d' Ghey.

Why not just do it in biro like wee boys do?

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:52 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Tattoos are d' Ghey.

Why not just do it in biro like wee boys do?

Coz I is bored.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:38 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got any tattoos.

When I went ashore and and got pissed I went to brothels not tattoo artists.

Anything I picked up was removable with penicillin, unlike the fools who got skin 'art'. Whistle

It was also much more fun getting it. Cool

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:17 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I haven't got any tattoos.

When I went ashore and and got pissed I went to brothels not tattoo artists.

Anything I picked up was removable with penicillin, unlike the fools who got skin 'art'. Whistle

It was also much more fun getting it. Cool

But you have nothing tangible to show for the moolah, just a bunch of transposable memories. Thinking

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:

But you have nothing tangible to show for the moolah, just a bunch of transposable memories. Thinking

5 Reasons to Invest in Experiences Not Things According to Science

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:35 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

owl wrote:
Hetzer wrote:

5 Reasons to Invest in Experiences Not Things According to Science

I can agree with that. I'm lucky, I have had some memorable experiences that will never go away.

I've sailed the Panama canal while sitting in the lookout post on the foremast of a ship. I've watched Whales in the southern Pacific. Sailed into a waterspout in the Maracaibo lake plus many more amazing things.

The thing that I'm sad about was that digital cameras came into being after all the things I did so I have very few photos.

Anyway, back on subject.

What does having tattoos like that do for your job prospects? If you can cover up I presume it's no problem but on your face or hands?

Or have times moved so far on no one except us old farts give a shit about them?

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:39 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I can agree with that. I'm lucky, I have had some memorable experiences that will never go away.

I've sailed the Panama canal while sitting in the lookout post on the foremast of a ship. I've watched Whales in the southern Pacific. Sailed into a waterspout in the Maracaibo lake plus many more amazing things.

The thing that I'm sad about was that digital cameras came into being after all the things I did so I have very few photos.

Anyway, back on subject.

What does having tattoos like that do for your job prospects? If you can cover up I presume it's no problem but on your face or hands?

Or have times moved so far on no one except us old farts give a shit about them?

I agree with the experiences thing but it's a balance, never mind that a lot of material items facilitate experiences. Smile

I'm self employed so tats don't matter.

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:13 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got both hands done (one is a rose, pretty similar to the one above but in colour). The timing sounds about right as it goes as you're getting all of the hand done. Mine took around a similar time for both but I paid considerably less as mates done both hands.

The timing does sound right as people forget the faffing of sorting the needles, doing the transfer positioning, stopping for fag / tea / pain breaks etc. The swelling is something else on the hands. Mine came up like a boxing glove on both.

If it turns out as good as that, just pay it. I'd rather pay through the nose for a really decent tatt than hardly anything for a shite tatt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:22 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just booked in with a very good tattooist, as I thought it's "4 to 5 hours". So £320 or £400.

This is one of his, so if he can do that he can manage mine ok. Smile

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:25 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another of his.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think.

https://runt-of-the-web.com/tattoo-fails#1

Shocked

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
North of Wallsend (Tyneside) I managed to get a rate down to £45 an hour but the piece is huge and took a lot of sittings (lost count lol). Mixed in with that I agreed to help give their shop a 'unique' look. They've been around for years and the whole place is very good and clean but boring - I plied them with large natural crystals, animal skulls and other interesting weirdness to enhance the reception areas. Not only does it look better but they can also design things by looking at the real thing so to speak.

I can't help with your question because what I have is very different to what you want.

Laughing I got discounts on a back piece, and get a small discount for being a semi-regular customer for years, and got complete freebies for selling an Autoclave on ebay, and also a Trans Am for him. (Back when ebay was very fiddly to use, and a bit of HTML was needed to make an ad look good)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:10 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Holy mother of god. Shocked

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:14 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely none of my business, so don't feel obliged to answer if you don't feel like it.

What brought this on for you? Is it something you've always wanted done? Or have you been recently encouraged by a new circle of friends to get a tattoo? If the latter, did they suggest or influence the design or placement of your new tattoo? I can understand both reasons, so I'm not saying one reason is more valid than another. Just wondering.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

^ pretty much this ^

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tats are more 'in feshion' than they have ever been.

The quality of the 'art' appears to be better but ffs can we puleeeze all stop getting the same fucking tats of the same thing/theme in the same part of the anatomy? FFS... Rolling Eyes

Why did you get a tat?
Coz I wanted to look different. Rolling Eyes

It is a purely personal thing.

Lots of things about it.

I feel lots of shite get tats and lots of fucking hoori tarts get them too.

Some skin art is nice and some is like inappropriate language/attire.

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:51 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had tattoos since the 80s back when they were edgy and not everyone had them, I had sleeves when they really weren't common at all. Now every tom dick and harry has them. Even neck tattoos. When I got my neck done it was real edgy, nobody had them apart from skinheads, bikers, criminals or general lowlife and it meant "watch out motherfucker". Now everyone's got one and it puts the message across that they want to show you the fucking violets that they've just planted in their shubbery or something.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of being accepted these days, a friend of mine is a midwife for the NHS. She's tattooed everywhere (I've seen it all) and pierced.. everywhere. Again I've seen this. Heck she's done the suspension on massive fishing hooks, everything.
Her bosses say nowt (she has 3D implants too) and she's a lovely person. Oh and magnets embedded into parts too.

There were photos on Flickr of her getting down with another woman but they've been removed by the looks of things.

As said, tattoos have a reason/story. Me now? Seriously considering a dick tatt. Absolutely true that.
The place I normally go have refused to entertain it.
Reason for dick tatt? Just bucket list stuff really.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:19 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
On the subject of being accepted these days, a friend of mine is a midwife for the NHS. (she has 3D implants too) and she's a lovely person. Oh and magnets embedded into parts too.

3D implants? Are we talking breast enlargement here or something else?

And magnets? why? what do they do? Allow you to hang on to a moving vehicle?

really, can someone explain please?

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got 2 lord of the rings swords on my arms Anduril and Glamdring, fite me!

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:45 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Absolutely none of my business, so don't feel obliged to answer if you don't feel like it.

What brought this on for you? Is it something you've always wanted done? Or have you been recently encouraged by a new circle of friends to get a tattoo? If the latter, did they suggest or influence the design or placement of your new tattoo? I can understand both reasons, so I'm not saying one reason is more valid than another. Just wondering.

I do already have a bunch of them, just none of them overtly visible so far. I guess with this one I felt some kind of "fuck ya'll" impulse. Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:03 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=job%20stopper

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:35 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Sister Sledge wrote:
On the subject of being accepted these days, a friend of mine is a midwife for the NHS. (she has 3D implants too) and she's a lovely person. Oh and magnets embedded into parts too.

3D implants? Are we talking breast enlargement here or something else?

And magnets? why? what do they do? Allow you to hang on to a moving vehicle?

really, can someone explain please?

/\ Google malfunction?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:56 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Anyway, back on subject.

They still are frowned on, depending what sector you work in. Mine can be covered by long sleeve shirts when required.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 325 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4