Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Powered Two Wheeler

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:48 - 29 May 2019    Post subject: Powered Two Wheeler Reply with quote

https://electrek.co/2019/05/25/bmw-weak-attempt-electric-scooter/

This is frotte with legalities.

No one seems to have addressed the facts.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 30 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i have read these types of scooters whether electric or motor are actually illegal............shame as i really would like one!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:48 - 31 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo wrote:
from what i have read these types of scooters whether electric or motor are actually illegal............shame as i really would like one!

Yes, unless road registered, which this sort of design is basically impossible to. In other countries they are more-legal.
If anyone would like to buy a road registered one, I have one for sale, as it goes Smile.

(It's a bit chunkier than these and does have a seat etc - good for about 25mph with 1kw motor.)

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 02 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're illegal, however on my daily commute into London I never fail to see less than 2 or 3 on the road. At this point the police seem to have given up stopping and confiscating them as it's a stupid law in the first place and they have better things to do. Every so often some police twitter account will shit up a post about how naughty it is to ride one and how they'll be taken away etc etc...

This BMW one seems pretty weaksauce, I've clocked some other ones at a decent 15mph and a mentalist on a monowheel at indicated 20 based on my bike speedo. When motorcycles are inevitably banned in London i'm looking to bodge an e-bicycle together with a 30mile range and 40mph top speed and a pair of panniers to hide the system so I can get into London without suffering the rail network.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:27 - 03 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vracktal wrote:
At this point the police seem to have given up stopping and confiscating them as it's a stupid law in the first place and they have better things to do. Every so often some police twitter account will shit up a post about how naughty it is to ride one and how they'll be taken away etc etc...

Not long ago...
https://twitter.com/MetCycleCops/status/1133329245462253569

(The one I've got is actually the same model as the on the recovery truck - yes, it does weigh a bit more, but yes, it also folds up to fit in a car boot easily.)

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:49 - 03 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Vracktal wrote:
At this point the police seem to have given up stopping and confiscating them as it's a stupid law in the first place and they have better things to do. Every so often some police twitter account will shit up a post about how naughty it is to ride one and how they'll be taken away etc etc...

Not long ago...
https://twitter.com/MetCycleCops/status/1133329245462253569

(The one I've got is actually the same model as the on the recovery truck - yes, it does weigh a bit more, but yes, it also folds up to fit in a car boot easily.)

You know what really pisses me off about tweets like that from the police, not that they have done it, not that they are getting lambasted by the greenies but they never come back and put their point of view and answer the arguments.

I'd love to see their reasoning for sending a car transporter flat bed for taking a scooter away. Laughing

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:23 - 04 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo wrote:

Not by the letter of the law and that's without heading off into the right to travel or human rights territory.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:27 - 04 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think that's bad, check this out:

https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/04/bird-cruiser/

Eeeeeewwwwww! Gouge out my eyes with a rusty spoon Shocked

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:41 - 04 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
and that's without heading off into the right to travel or human rights territory.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:10 - 04 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Jmoan wrote:
and that's without heading off into the right to travel or human rights territory.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The jokes on you ste.
I'm typing this message out while standing on one of these scooters balanced on a hoverboard, on another scooter riding down the road.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1