Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Boris Johnson prosecution

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:05 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:
The reason is that Thatcher was very pragmatic, making very informed decisions whether to fight (Falklands) or flee (Hong Kong)

What on earth do you think the similarity between those places and circumstances is? Don't be so ridiculous.

Sir, you seem to have confused me with someone who thinks there was much similarity.

My very point is that the situations were quite dissimilar (and much of the difference was down to whether the colony could be successfully held), and Thatcher, being rather reasonable, behaved very differently.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 17 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Sir, you seem to have confused me with someone who thinks there was much similarity.

My very point is that the situations were quite dissimilar (and much of the difference was down to whether the colony could be successfully held), and Thatcher, being rather reasonable, behaved very differently.

Sir in what way did Thatcher 'flee' from Hong Kong?
I fully admit my knowledge on its history is limited, but my understanding is that Britain Signed a 99 year lease of the territory, which expired in 1997. Accordingly the lease expired and we handed it back, albeit receiving a promise that citizens human rights would be guaranteed. In what way is that running away?

PS doesn't seem to be going to well over there right now, something to do with human rights and bullying from China China China.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:08 - 18 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

I didn't watch it.

Perhaps you'dbe more qualified to comment if you had.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
And the smear gets worse. How much of a setup was the recorded argument with his girlfriend?
It would be interesting to see if the staunch remain leftie neighbours who recorded the entire argument, logged the call to the police and officer numbers of those who attended, contacted The Guardian and broke this smear, had recently moved into the flat next door.

Politics in this country is now won and lost on media smear.

I wouldn't be surprised if the couple next door were on speed-dial to the media... Clearly politically motivated and not how we used to do things in this country. On par with 'Jeremy Corbyn ate the last Rolo' or 'Vince Cable likes DubStep' and similar media nonsense intended to discredit.

ok, I made those two up, but the point still stands....

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:28 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a politician suffers because a member if the public gets the better of him. Big deal. Bojo is a twat and had it coming.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
And the smear gets worse. How much of a setup was the recorded argument with his girlfriend?
It would be interesting to see if the staunch remain leftie neighbours who recorded the entire argument, logged the call to the police and officer numbers of those who attended, contacted The Guardian and broke this smear, had recently moved into the flat next door.

Politics in this country is now won and lost on media smear.

Yep, you just go ahead and make up a conspiracy theory to suit your needs. Definitely the most rational approach to all this, well done.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

So politically motivated propaganda and hatchet jobs are OK if the victim is a white Troy Brexiteer then... Gotcha.

I do wish you'd stop playing the race card...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:42 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/SEZBi01.gif

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/SEZBi01.gif

We are both at lunch...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:47 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
We are both at lunch...

https://i.imgur.com/3GuauTf.gif

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:02 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a smear campaign, the stupid pillock wipes himself down every morning in his own fecal matter.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Boris will have the last laugh, he's moving out soon to a nice little country pad that appropriately rhymes with "peckers" Smile

If I were him I'd make a political point and rent out the place to a large family of asylum seekers and see how the old neighbours feel about that Twisted Evil

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting to hear news about when the crowdfunder will be in court for fraud.

Edit Crowdfundee sorry Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the Torygraph has been banging on all week about the inside gen on Hunt and BoJo, can they really be trusted to be neutral given who writes for them? Rolling Eyes

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who ever said they were neutral?

WHO is ever neutral?

Was Boris the pig in David Cameron's sex party?

Why has the Abbopotamus gone so quiet?

How much is that doggy in the window?

All these questions and no answers. Crying or Very sad

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Who ever said they were neutral?

WHO is ever neutral?

Was Boris the pig in David Cameron's sex party?

Why has the Abbopotamus gone so quiet?

How much is that doggy in the window?

All these questions and no answers. Crying or Very sad

The adverts implied that they would somehow be unbiased in the articles of BoJo v Hunt in the race for number 10. I'd rather have BoJo, but still.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly PMQT is gonna be a lot more fun with Boris, the whole Labour front bench always look so miserable Sad

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Certainly PMQT is gonna be a lot more fun with Boris, the whole Labour front bench always look so miserable Sad

Fun? Yeah like a rerun of Benny Hill. Cringworthy more like.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:58 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
HardlyDavidson wrote:

Fun? Yeah like a rerun of Benny Hill. Cringworthy more like.

Oh, I don't know, There are a few MP's who could get their kit off and chase Boris round the HofP.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 264 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6