Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Donald Trump protest groups swell

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:06 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I don't care why someone killed someone else is because it is murder. Wrong, full stop. I make no apologies for people who murder other people due to religious or other beliefs.

Now, who is the apologist for the person who allowed someone else to fund a terrorist organisation in order to get a free lunch?

That's what trump did, right?

I do get that he is that cheap, though. He strikes me as the sort that doesn't buy his round.

Last edited by Nobby the Bastard on 18:17 - 06 Jun 2019; edited 1 time in total

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:08 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Oh. And a homophobe, misogynist, religious fanatic etc. Basically anyone who isn't a Christian white straight male.

Which fits the Muslim ideology perfectly, so you should protect my views at all costs. Thumbs Up

No, in my opinion anyone with views like that are cunts, regardless religion, colour, sexual orientation or aggrieved sense of entitlement.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:40 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Ah, you're trying to pretend Robinson is a "white supremacist" aren't you? Rolling Eyes

No, Trump. He's clearly one. He has virtually come out as one.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
To be fair, a lot of Americans have funded the IRA and half of them think they're part Irish in the East coast . Apparently it was quite awkward for a mate in bars in Boston refusing to put money in the tin with his English accent.

It’s where most of the IRA money came from.

And drugs... lots and lots of drugs. My granddad worked in Ireland for a time and saw this first hand.

The IRA were never "terrorists" they were just your everyday violent criminals... just with good PR.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to revisit the definition of terrorist, if you think the IRA somehow aren't. Rolling Eyes

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:20 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like killing people?
Like making money selling drugs?
Like knee-capping rival drug dealers?
Like playing vigilante if you have any time left over?

Congrats! You qualify to be a "terrorist."

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:41 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incorrect.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:13 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Like killing people?

You need to read a bit more on the subject. The IRA were both terrorists and criminals of a more "ordinary" ilk. They used crime to fund their organisation, to impose their authority, and simply because they could get away with it. But there were levels - the political leadership of Sinn Fein, the top paramilitary commanders, the active units, the informers, and the more ordinary supporters from Republican communities from where some people who would be criminals under virtually any circumstances took advantage of the conflict for their own ends. The picture was not as simple as you suggest.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:45 - 06 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip YFPOS wrote:
HardlyDavidson wrote:
Like killing people?

You need to read a bit more on the subject. The IRA were both terrorists and criminals of a more "ordinary" ilk. They used crime to fund their organisation, to impose their authority, and simply because they could get away with it. But there were levels - the political leadership of Sinn Feinn, the top paramilitary commanders, the active units, the informers, and the more ordinary supporters from Republican communities from where some people who would be criminals under virtually any circumstances took advantage of the conflict for their own ends. The picture was not as simple as you suggest.

There were also those that were involved on pain of death, in much the same way that the nazis conscripted 'supporters'

It was indeed a complicated situation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:53 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, I suppose is-is were no different: first thing they did rocking up to a town was start "taxing" ppl Sad

I can never figure out the self loathing either. White, middle-class ppl so guilt ridden about... something... they're literally crying in the streets some times.

Loyalty

If you're not loyal to your own people, your own country then what use are you?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:47 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Oh well, I suppose is-is were no different: first thing they did rocking up to a town was start "taxing" ppl Sad

I can never figure out the self loathing either. White, middle-class ppl so guilt ridden about... something... they're literally crying in the streets some times.

Loyalty

If you're not loyal to your own people, your own country then what use are you?

So what you're saying is that people should blindly follow their 'own', whether they believe that it's morally incorrect or morally correct?

You're setting a very dangerous precedent here.

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:30 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

No, Trump. He's clearly one. He has virtually come out as one.

If you think that Trumpster is capable of of that then you really have either been reading the Guardian too much or maybe you should stay off tumblr.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:26 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing mpd says he's considering retiring to Phuket, still gets called a brown hating racist. Mpd says he doesn't excuse anyone funding the IRA, but gets called a white supremecist apologist because he doesn't condemn the very existence of Trump who attended a lunch and never contributed to the IRA. Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
Laughing mpd says he's considering retiring to Phuket, still gets called a brown hating racist. Mpd says he doesn't excuse anyone funding the IRA, but gets called a white supremecist apologist because he doesn't condemn the very existence of Trump who attended a lunch and never contributed to the IRA. Rolling Eyes

There's a lot of reactionary politics about. Instead of sitting down and thinking what your position actually is, what kind of politics one actually supports, people just fly from one headline to the next, pick out some little aspect of whatever is in the news and rage about it. Then they'll often find themselves in contradiction with things they've already said.

Also, they'll argue till they're blue in the face because they don't like a person who espouses a view, without actually taking the time to think whether that person actually might have a good point. Obvious examples are the way people attack Trump and Farage, but it happens here too.

It's tiresome, and it also pushes others deeper into corners they'd probably rather not be in, which is counterproductive for the attacker.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
So what you're saying is...

Any sentence starting with that phrase is meaningless. You're not Cathy Newman are you?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:

Any sentence starting with that phrase is meaningless. You're not Cathy Newman are you?

That reminds me...must see if I can find the full interview she did with Jordan Peterson.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:35 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

You are quite offensive. Why the self loathing?

Self loathing? Because I don't see the white race as being any better than any other on account of the fact that everyone is born equal?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:53 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
the fact that everyone is born equal?

No, race aside, that's not the case. This is one reason why aiming for equality of outcome is not a good idea.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:04 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant that to say I don't consider anyone to be superior or inferior because of their race.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I meant that to say I don't consider anyone to be superior or inferior because of their race.

Yes... and all the sprinters at the Olympics are a very diverse bunch Rolling Eyes

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:

More valid than what you think defines a terrorist.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 07 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

More valid than what you think defines a terrorist.

No it isn't. Using "So what you're saying..." is a cheap trick when you want to twist someone's words to fit your argument rather than discussing the original proposition.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 323 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7