Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Gove + Coke = bulls#it?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:58 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly (to me) there are 330,445 "high risk opiate users" in the UK. Pretty much those who are injecting.

The government spends around £800,000,000 per year on methodone programmes alone.

Just give them the damned junk ffs. Hand it out for free, diamorphine is cheap and we are buying shittons of opium from Afghanistan just to burn it. It only causes a problem because it's illegal and therefore impure and expensive.

Problem solved, addicts are functional members of society, dealers fuck-off, drug related crime falls through the floor. I don't see a downside. I seriously doubt it will lead to a huge number of people adopting mainlining heroin as a way of passing the time and because users have been extracted from a spiral of debt and crime to fund the habit, self-respect increases and more will feel able to make the effort to come off it (and there will be plenty of money to help).

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:30 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely give CBD oil a go.
It will probably be legalised the day after I drop deadd Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:28 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errrr..... CBD oil is legal. It's THC that's not!

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

It wouldn't. I may be mis-remembering, but I think there may have been a precedent set that party manifesto's are not legally binding...

It's one of the reasons I can't get my head around the support for Farage, he's sat in Brussels for what, two decades, deliberately done the bare minimum so as to feather his nest, openly admitted he's no intention of doing anything, and yet people still vote for him. The guy's a fucking idiot, and I say that as someone who voted leave. People have seen what he's done, and they still vote for him.

He's pretty much the only politicianof the whole lot who has done exactly what he says he will.

I think you, like most of the European Parliament, have entirely missed the point of Farage. By sitting there, laughing mockingly and taking their money while doing nothing in return for it, he is showing the European Parliament up for the ineffective squanderfest it is. He's holding up a mirror to the other MEPs and they don't like to see their own bloated reflection with gravy dripping off their chins.

Oh no, I understand exactly what his point is. I don't understand he people who complain about MPs etc. Doing fuck all, and then vote in someone who openly brags about doing fuck all.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

He's pretty much the only politicianof the whole lot who has done exactly what he says he will.

I think you, like most of the European Parliament, have entirely missed the point of Farage. By sitting there, laughing mockingly and taking their money while doing nothing in return for it, he is showing the European Parliament up for the ineffective squanderfest it is. He's holding up a mirror to the other MEPs and they don't like to see their own bloated reflection with gravy dripping off their chins.

Oh no, I understand exactly what his point is. I don't understand he people who complain about MPs etc. Doing fuck all, and then vote in someone who openly brags about doing fuck all.

Because he hasn't actually done fuck all, he's been there to chip and niggle away at them, to do them down at every opportunity and visibly not support them, every time they do something he sees as being anti UK - basically, he's been the professional thorn in the EU's side.

Why do people feel able to vote for him now?

Because he is no longer encumbered by UKIP and their far right tendencies - they were always considered half a pace left of Genghis Khan, a sort of respectable BNP and Farage spent all his time as their leader trying to get away from that.

TBF, he did a pretty good job of that, but not enough to convince a significant number of the mainstream electorate, that always thought those tendencies were still bubbling under.

And they were right, as soon as he finally stepped down, UKIP pretty much went straight back to being as extreme as the law allows and Farage ended up putting as much distance between him and them as he could.

Now he has his new party, for now a one trick pony, the one trick he's been riding for 25 years, with none of the baggage that UKIP has - he has done exceptionally well with the few weeks he's had, enough to get the major parties running very scared, because he has no other policies to be targeted for criticism (although he still gets a very hard time from the leftist media).

He's also no mug, he's got the next few months and, more importantly, the next few weeks of Tory leadership elections, to watch, wait and formulate the kind of manifesto that could take the political world by storm.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a card carrying Farage fanboi, I can see his spin as being just that, but he does have the nous to get it right, or at least right enough to be such a serious threat to the establishment, that they might feel the need to change their MO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:08 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does Farage do with his pay from Brussels? Does he keep it for himself or donate it to a good cause?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:15 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

I was thinking exactly this when commissioner Dick came on earlier and said anyone who had used Class A drugs has "Blood on their hands."

ignoring the fact that the war on drugs has failed badly.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:17 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commissioner Dick by name and by nature.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 21 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharing for the lolz

https://www.facebook.com/ComedyJOEpage/videos/559303914597902/
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 308 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3