Virtue Signalling Top Trumps

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Or Einstein, could it be that it’s kind of hard to virtue signal about being straight, white and heterosexual?

Depends on the audience... In a room full of people who share your outlook, I'd have thought it easy.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

I can just imagine a lefty SJW, Snowflake vegan boasting to her mates that she's got this friend who's so cool because he's a white, middle aged, heterosexual. Rolling Eyes

No, but I can imagine a room full of MDMAs 'virtue signalling' to their mates about how much they hate everybody who isn't like them....
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
a room full of MDMAs

Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I used your expression to describe somebody who tries to elevate themselves in the eyes of their peer group by expressing their views about people who are different to them. My mistake....

I don't have to sling a race card at you. You state your view on race often enough.

Those immigrants that you have no issue with are the same ones you repeatedly describe as inherent paedophiles and stabby. Or, could it be that you only mean the bad apples and the rest are actually ok?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:56 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Bonus points for Occasion Puff Smoker, Tried Mushrooms, Ex-Heroin Addict. But if someone plays a Relapse card all the "drug" points are flipped.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Brilliant! Bonus points for Occasion Puff Smoker, Tried Mushrooms, Ex-Heroin Addict. But if someone plays a Relapse card all the "drug" points are flipped.

Wait a minute...I'm losing track of which thread is which now Confused
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What points if you've said that all teachers who have done drugs should never work again, but it turns out you have done them?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:23 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, thoughts are coming in thick and fast...

So the game starts with each player turning over a "Stereotype" card. This card will have the "unalterable qualities" to start you off in the game:

Race, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Nationality & Disability. (Bit like D&D strength, intelligence, wisdom, dexterity, etc.) totalling up to give you your Virtue Points or Privilege Level.

You might have "Tarquin" who's White European, Gay, Male, English, able-bodied. So low points all around except for Gay.

The other player might get "Adrianna" Latino, Bisexual, Female, Mexican, able-bodied. Already off to a great start!

The players then get some random boost cards (+/- points), modifier cards (x2, x3) cards and action cards (triggered, milkshake, etc.)

Boost cards could be "Social Worker +2 virtue points"

and Modifier cards could be "Feminist x2 Gender Identity"

Action cards could be "Milkshake - attack your opponent and remove any one of their Modifier cards." Cards are played in turn so you build your character from a stereotype to a snowflake.

Winner is the one with the most virtue points... not quite sure how the round finishes just yet. Maybe after a certain number of cards are played.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, and voting for a criminal gives you positive points.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:13 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, political leanings aren't inherent they're a choice.

I'm thinking +/- boost cards are "situation" like job or housing. (e.g bonus points for living in a squat, negative points for house & mortgage.) And modifier cards (x2, x3) for ideological stuff. Voting Green, tree hugging, etc. Finally action cards just random stuff to mix things up.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:18 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

Or any other white, British, able bodied, heterosexual male, or as we're known to leftie - racist gammon Nazi.

Has it occurred to you that it is possible to be a white male and not feel threatened by everybody on that list?

Funnily enough I'm a middle class white heterosexual male, the only variance is I'm an accountant, not a stock broker...

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:16 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my favourite one was when all the trendy arsewipes thought they were buying a special edition "bullshit" pack of cards against humanity but acually received a box of cow dung.

I nearly wee'd a little because an aquaintance of mine who is a prime spunktrumpet bought one and entirely failed to see the funny side.

So maybe you should market it as a new virtue signalling card game. You could call it "Dry your eyes!" and it's actually a box of hankies.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ste has it:

"Check Your Privilege!" the wacky new card game from BCF Industries.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:24 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story so far...

Rather than +/- virtue points I think it would be better to have Virtue and Privilege points. So, for example, Gay + 3 Virtue pts, Straight = +3 Privilege points.

Start by laying down a Stereotype Card made up of Qualities. Qualities have either Privilege or Virtue points. Qualities are Race, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Nationality & Disability.

Get dealt a random selection of:

Status Cards (add Privilege/Virtue points) and are things like Job, Housing (squatting, renting, etc.) Area (town, suburb, inner city, etc.)

Ideology Cards multiply Qualities, e.g. Politics, Feminism, Protester, Religion, Campaigner.

Direct Action Cards are random effects, Milkshake, White Knight, Hypocrisy, Twitter Archaeology, Paedo Accusation, "You're a Nazi!", Race Card.

So the main question I would have is how to end the round. Do we lay down a certain number of cards, have a time limit or something else?

However it ends it would be great to somehow work in a player shouting "Check Your Privilege!" before toting up the points.

Having Privilege versus Virtue points means that most people will play it in the same way as Cards Against Humanity whereas the extremists will use it unironically as an educational tool.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:01 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qualities, PP = Privilege Points, VP = Virtue Points.

Race:

White 10 PP
Oriental 5 PP
Asian 0 PP/VP
Middle Eastern 5 VP
Latino 10 VP
Black 15 VP
Indigenous Tribe 20 VP

Sexual Orientation:

Heterosexual 20 PP
Asexual 0 PP/VP
Bisexual 5 VP
Pansexual 10 VP
Homosexual 15 VP

Gender Identity:

Male 20 PP
Female 5 VP
Intersex 10 VP
Transsexual 15 VP
Non-binary 20 VP

Nationality (more continental for simplicity rather than countries, a few specials thrown in)

Israeli 50 PP
North American 25 PP
Western European 20 PP
Far Eastern 10 PP
East European / Russian 0 PP/VP
South/Central American 5 VP
Indian 5 VP
Arabic 10 VP
African 20 VP
Palestinian 25 VP

Disability:

Able Bodied 20 PP
Old 10 PP
Mental Illness 5 PP
Blind 0 PP/VP
Deaf 5 VP
Dwarfism 10 VP
Wheel chair 15 VP
Down's Syndrome 20 VP

Please feel free to chip in more labels and discuss the points balance.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Religion?

Christian - 10PP
Atheist - 5PP
Jew - 0PP/VP
Hindu - 5VP
Shinto - 5VP
Muslim - 10000VP

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:05 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That comes down to personal choice so religion will go in the Ideology cards.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 291 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2