Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

PoliteNotice: "life ruined"

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: PoliteNotice: "life ruined" Reply with quote

It seems like the polite vest wearing brigade are getting some consequences for trying to look like a police officer.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2019/june/polite-vest-ruined-life/

Good to see some consequences for these Walter Mittys.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are either legal or illegal.

The fact he was on an ex plod bike and was wearing a white helmet is immaterial.

But yes, anyone wearing one is a dick.

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
They are either legal or illegal.

The fact he was on an ex plod bike and was wearing a white helmet is immaterial.

But yes, anyone wearing one is a dick.

This here provides more context that's missing from the article, and makes it a bit clearer why he was singled out. Didn't realise this though at the time of posting.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/08/banker-rode-police-motorbike-police-jacket-convicted-alleged/

"was adorned with a Royal Corps of Transport crest sticker on the front screen and an ER Elizabeth Regina sticker below the rear number plate. It also featured a black and white chequered pattern along either side and a raised rear blue lightwith the electrics removed and covered in red tape."

That seems beyond the polite vest then so makes sense.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:18 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knob.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:51 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an incredibly old story but still a wanker-vest (tm)

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wears a "Polite" vest yet spuriously claims to have a life to ruin....Thinking

Doubtful.

It was the ex police bike that did it. Only reason to buy one is so you can pretend to be old bill while wearing your white
flip lid and POLITE cun-tabard.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:54 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
wanker-vest (tm)

Cun-tabard™™™

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what's worse, actually being a complete tosser, or trying to look like one. Laughing

I just don't get the attraction of those vests.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw one of these when riding around Ascot (a portal that branches into some fun riding destinations). He overtook a row of traffic on the wrong side of traffic islands, even at junctions to side roads and over crosshatches. When the traffic crawled to a stop, I filtered to the side and caught up with him. He looked exactly like a cop to my inexpert eye, save for the "POLITE" wording. At the front of the queue, he was raging through some car driver's window like a knob, or like a teenaged moped rider. Had it been a teenaged moped rider on L-plates, I could have understood it, because I was myself a bit tetchy and inexperienced at that age. But coming from a full-grown adult man, riding a BMW sports tourer, it was just an ugly sight. In that moment, right or wrong, I made a lot of assumptions about him which, to this day, I still suspect are true. IAM/ROSPA guy? Check. Vlogger? Check. Everything I can't abide.
On a sunny day, riding in good conditions on good roads to good destinations, on a relatively good bike, and still not happy... No actual experience of the world commensurate with a middle-aged man and just how rough things could be, nothing real to complain about in his life, just self-important posturing and pretensions to a status he hasn't earned. Despicable.

[Disclaimer: this is just my opinion]

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:36 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuntabard... 2020's omnishambles!! Def... what is worn by an absolute bellend.
Sister Sledge This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:26 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Yup a knob. Should throw the f*ck*rs off horses too. They started it.

If any group had a reason to want to make people slow down it's horse riders. A lot of car drivers are absolute cvnts to them.

EazyDuz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:29 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Sister Sledge wrote:
Yup a knob. Should throw the f*ck*rs off horses too. They started it.

If any group had a reason to want to make people slow down it's horse riders. A lot of car drivers are absolute cvnts to them.

Doesn't make it acceptable to play 'police officer at 50ft or more' dress up.
It's the 21st century horses should be in fields.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:37 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

It was the ex police bike that did it. Only reason to buy one is so you can pretend to be the Old Bill....

Minor disagreement but many people buy ex cop bikes and cars because they want a reasonably well maintained decent machine for (in my experience at least) smashing miles on at a cheap price. I’m not sure I’d want the silly stickers on it though for any longer than necessary myself though - although I’m sure plenty do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:00 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:

Minor disagreement but many people buy ex cop bikes and cars because they want a reasonably well maintained decent machine for (in my experience at least) smashing miles on at a cheap price. I’m not sure I’d want the silly stickers on it though for any longer than necessary myself though - although I’m sure plenty do...

Minor disagreement, my sister is a copper and nothing on wheels gets mistreated quite like a Police vehicle. Sooner they
break it sooner they get new ones. I wouldn't buy one, unless I wanted to look like a copper. It used to be "ex Police"
would mean a slightly modified variant with a few more ponies maybe but the days of special blueprinted engines and
high power output models are over and you just get abused and cheap to start with vehicles these days.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:23 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolitePal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:47 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and at the other end of the spectrum my mate at work rides his black CBR650RR wearing all black leathers and a black helmet.

"You do know that makes you harder to notice on the road?"

"Yeah but I look kewl!"

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:27 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking cool is always going to be preferred over looking like a knob.
Particularly a policeman-shaped knob.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 19:21 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he got pulled over, released and then went to the station to complain about getting pulled over and that’s when he was arrested.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Apparently he got pulled over, released and then went to the station to complain about getting pulled over and that’s when he was arrested.

Ultimate failure of the attitude test

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a certain sort of person who, when they know they've done something wrong, seems to have a "get your complaint in first" attitude to their own defence, i.e. they believe that it seems that the first person to complain about something is the one who was truly aggrieved, so if they've done something wrong, bring it up to the HR hag before the other "person", as this makes them seem in the "right" and as the real victim. To be fair, this tactic would probably work in a HR scenario in, just for example, a banking environment. Some may say only a psychopath/sociopath narcissist would resort to such tricks, but then again, the rewards are great. Well, I'm not sure if they are so great, if you blow all your money on lawyers on the stupidest case to hit the headlines, look 20 to 30 years older than you are, and still don't own your own home.

I haven't yet read anything in any statement or news report to support the contention that the prosecution was brought maliciously, in revenge for the knob having made a complaint about the initial stop. This allegedly nepotic connection between the complaint and his subsequent prosecution seems unlikely. He is clearly suggesting that they only prosecuted him because he complained. I don't believe this for a moment. If it were true, then the outcome of the complaint would have been upheld against the police officer who stopped him. The opposite happened. There was a successful prosecution, which was later overturned at appeal (you get the lawyers you pay for). Furthermore, I don't see that the knob has provided the grounds for the complaint he made. Perhaps he has come to consider the grounds to be wholly unsubstantiated and that it would not be helpful if we saw exactly what knobbery he had written? Who knows. But on the face of it, there's no information to suggest the traffic stop was unlawful.

I find it more likely that when he was stopped with his white helmet, ex-police motorbike and POLITE vest, and the policeman "took notes" as he says, the notes were made about his appearance. A police constable has to present evidence and information to his supervisor to decide whether to attempt to charge a person with a crime. That this would happen after he made his complaint about the initial stop is only natural - time moves in one direction after all.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:07 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add further ^^
His life seems to have imploded because of this one event?
Nah - to me the implosion of his life shows us how he lives his life. I think the polite knob incident is done in many variants from arguing with neighbours, employers etc.
Now and again we see stories of them in life and how they just can't accept or leave things be.

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:03 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ruined life is too good for the piece of polite shit!

Why wasn’t he kicked in the balls as well?

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree that Polite vest = total knob end...

The Police Act 1996 says:

90 Impersonation, etc.

(1)Any person who with intent to deceive impersonates a member of a police force or special constable, or makes any statement or does any act calculated falsely to suggest that he is such a member or constable, shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.

(2)Any person who, not being a constable, wears any article of police uniform in circumstances where it gives him an appearance so nearly resembling that of a member of a police force as to be calculated to deceive shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

(4)In this section—

(a)“article of police uniform” means any article of uniform or any distinctive badge or mark or document of identification usually issued to members of police forces or special constables, or anything having the appearance of such an article, badge, mark or document,

Magistrates said:

Despite the magistrate recognising that Emanuel did not intend to deceive the public, he was convicted but handed a conditional discharge and ordered to pay £670 costs.

So why, having concluded that he had not committed an offence, did they convict him?

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:59 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So why, having concluded that he had not committed an offence, did they convict him?

He’s a cunt.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 313 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2