Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rats or mice?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:55 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rat status updates will be delivered. Praying

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:23 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far 27 dead. Brian is still King of the hill. I've ran out of rat poison, they don't die where they eat they all end up at mine. She still feeds them too much food, a third dish has been added outside now. One on top of the washing machine, one under the chair and one in the stinky old outside toilet; the logic being they can eat where they are nice and dry.

I went for a piss yesterday morning, lifted up the lid and one was swimming in the toilet bowl, swam through the pipes, I dropped loo roll on it, pressed down with the toilet brush and flushed it away. I'm just waiting for when the wife finds one "DARREN DARREN COME HER NOW!" she'll shriek. And it will be all my fault.

The wife is harrassing old lady's housing association and enviromental health. They have been out but couldn't get access to the property as we and she were not in. We've tried to get them back and was told one of the officers had been around but couldn't gain access to the rear of the house as no one was in. Also stated no evidence of rats at front of house and so they left it at that. Not sure if they are going to come again. It's making me ill. All I do is get a bin full of dead rats and throw them into the gardens of people at the back of us, hoping they'll think where are all these rats coming from and also complain.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:57 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck a few in her front garden every morning

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:17 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Near to me some ppl used to have a pigeon coop (pigeons? really? ffs, may as well go and live in Yorkshire.) It got torn down the other day and next door's terrier and my cat seem to be in competition to see who can catch the most furry friends.

So kind, my cat, leaves us so many gifts by the back door: 3 little corpses piled up a couple of nights back. Probably a dozen all told this week. (I think the terrier is winning but don't say anything to my cat, shhhhh!)

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you not borrow an air rifle?
It'll give you pleasure shooting at the old woman I mean rats.

27 is a huge number and probably a tiny percentage of the total number. Remember that the food and shelter can only support a certain size of infestation. Those dead ones will open a small gap for 27 new borns to move into!

Old woman needs slapping with a wet leather glove for this.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:37 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
So far 27 dead. Brian is still King of the hill. I've ran out of rat poison, they don't die where they eat they all end up at mine.

You need to keep putting it down until they stop taking it.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:46 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

I went for a piss yesterday morning, lifted up the lid and one was swimming in the toilet bowl, swam through the pipes, I dropped loo roll on it, pressed down with the toilet brush and flushed it away. I'm just waiting for when the wife finds one "DARREN DARREN COME HER NOW!" she'll shriek. And it will be all my fault.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I fucking knew it.
I knew eventually you wouldn't be able to resist over-egging your own "hilarious" batter.

You are Tritey, you big twazzock, and I claim my five BCF pounds of flesh.

I've been SO PATIENTLY WAITING for the thing that I knew would prove you were a Tritey follow-up act.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
King29 wrote:
So far 27 dead. Brian is still King of the hill. I've ran out of rat poison, they don't die where they eat they all end up at mine.

You need to keep putting it down until they stop taking it.

Yes I ordered it from Amazon and need more. I’ll use the same one as it’s had a good kill rate. I’ve tried making my own with a baking soda recipe that was on Google. Not sure if that’s worked or not yet.

Hellcat, nope sorry to disappoint not guilty.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:48 - 24 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting dead rats on the pavement and or the road outside her house should get other people to be phoning the council.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:02 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a long shot but how about speaking to a doctor or nurse at your surgery?
Tell them about rats invading your house and them being everywhere.
Ask if doc/nurse can give some 'clout' by them speaking to environmental health directly. There are teams within health authorities who deal directly with major problems too and I reckon this one will suit them nicely. Fair enough it might be meningitis outbreaks etc but they might take it on board.
Professional referrals are always responded to quicker and reach the people most needed to wipe this terror out (not the howling one).

Omega
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 07:56 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Bit of a long shot but how about speaking to a doctor or nurse at your surgery?

If they aren't very helpful then consider calling the police to raise a concern for your neighbour's welfare. It obviously wont be a priority but someone will attend to have a look and can make the necessary referrals. People get checked up on for far less.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:51 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 3 dead this morning, took Ste's advice and left them in outside her house on the pavement.

I might save them up after the Amazon rat poison arrives and dump the lot outside hers.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:58 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to need to restocking the Amazon rat poison.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:15 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
You're going to need to restocking the Amazon rat poison.

Yes, it's the expense. I've tried the baking soda home made version and I've seen no casualties yet. I've also tried cotton balls with peppermint oil on them as apparently they hate the smell. Neither one has worked yet.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:23 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Re: Rats or mice? Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
The lady next door is 78 years old, her husband passed away 3 years ago and she has taken up a hobby to amuse her. She has a love for birds and little wild animals. She is feeding the birds from a make shift table on top of an old washing machine in her garden and she has an old chair that she puts a big dish under to feed the ground feeders (birds that like to eat off the floor). She sits for hours at the window at the rear of her house that overlooks the garden, just watching them.

She has a family of rats or mice that have moved into the washing machines internals. They come out at night and wolf down the remaining sunflower hearts/peanuts and fat balls that my neighbour Doreen puts out. She says they are mice, I am not so sure. I've attempted to photograph them but it's via her window as when I open the back door they scarper back into the washing machine. Does anyone know from the pics which they are? I'm worried about rats more than mice, she's counted 17 around 5am when she gets up, she'll top up the food bowls.

I'm at a loss as what to do, the washing machine is staying put (don't ask), Birds/rats/mice are going through 12.5KG of peanuts and the same in Sunflower hearts every 3 weeks and 200 fat balls in the same time. I don't want a plague of anything next to my property.

So anyone know if rats or mice?

https://i.imgur.com/N8WMIfn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AhW6OIS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YOmPWEP.jpg

Phone the cooncil. They'll sort the problem. Rats are a controlled pest.
You remember the Black Death that swept Europe? Well it was biting fleas carried by rats that were major vectors. Or get yourself a Jack Russell. Hours of fun.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:15 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add some poison to the food your neighbour puts out for Brian?

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

That's the plan. As soon as Amazon deliver, Brian's having it.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many rats has Doris managed to breed, though?
They must be multiplying quite fast by now.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:53 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck some into the woman's hot cocoa too.. That will go a long way towards solving the issue.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:03 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogs are a lot more efficient than cats when it comes to catching rats but I'd give the cats 10/10 for drama.

Get something exotic like a Serval...

https://i.imgflip.com/34amd9.jpg

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 25 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
How many rats has Doris managed to breed, though?
They must be multiplying quite fast by now.

That's a really good question Hellkat, I'd estimate Doreen must have fed 300 maybe more. They are not afraid of her either, she tells me she sits outside and they run around her not bothered in the slightest.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:43 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Ste wrote:
That's the plan. As soon as Amazon deliver, Brian's having it.

Hmm, sounds note of caution... in the eyes of PC Plod, although it's one thing to put down rat poison on your own property, it might be construed differently if you put it in a neighbours petfood bowl on their own property... just sayin'.

Last edited by Freddyfruitbat on 16:46 - 26 Jun 2019; edited 1 time in total

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also having the poison out in the open where a random child could see pretty pink or blue food out for the animals, or where the local bird population could also fill their beaks.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:34 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she sits outside with them running around her then the next step is for her to invite Brian into her house. Laughing

The dead rats are being put on the pavement outside her house each morning?

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:32 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
If she sits outside with them running around her then the next step is for her to invite Brian into her house. Laughing

The dead rats are being put on the pavement outside her house each morning?

Yesterday there were some I left outside, this morning I could not find any, there might be some later on, not sure though. This home made poison is rubbish in comparison.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13