Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Another old Newbie....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Weirdfish
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 07:05 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Another old Newbie.... Reply with quote

Finally got around to taking my CBT and passed second time, not bad for someone never been on a bike before.

At 52 I was worried about being on the course with a group of teenagers but was pleasantly surprised. Ended up being trained by someone who went to school with my son Very Happy

Now the owner of a KTM Duke 125 and gaining experience and confidence, can't wait to use it for commuting to work..... Wish I had done this years ago !!!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:05 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and well done!

It's never too late to get on a bike. Thumbs Up

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:03 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!!

Now look up counter steering on YouTube. It was the most useful lesson I learned when I first passed. Strangely it was not brought up during CBT??! Might have done with you, but good advice regardless.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Re: Another old Newbie.... Reply with quote

Weirdfish wrote:

You young whippersnapper Wink

Well done, and welcome!

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:59 - 26 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent stuff. I'd suggest getting on the path to you your full licence as soon as possible so you get taught "the right way" from the start, rather than picking up bad habits. Thumbs Up

Weirdfish
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 06:29 - 27 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:

Now look up counter steering on YouTube. It was the most useful lesson I learned when I first passed.

Thanks to all - I have been going through YouTube and getting in the Practice...

Going on to the full test after I get commuting, its a confidence thing !!

Looking forward to the Summer!!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:00 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
Congratulations!!

Now look up counter steering on YouTube. It was the most useful lesson I learned when I first passed. Strangely it was not brought up during CBT??! Might have done with you, but good advice regardless.

The whole obsession with counter steering is bolloks. You don't need to know about it or think about it. It's of no use to learners to spend time on it. Far better just going to a car park and just practicing Mod 1 procedures.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:11 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Bubbs wrote:
Congratulations!!

The whole obsession with counter steering is bolloks. You don't need to know about it or think about it. It's of no use to learners to spend time on it. Far better just going to a car park and just practicing Mod 1 procedures.

Completely disagree. Being concious of this one principle gave me the control and confidence to corner much better. It shortened the learning curve. You're right it does just happen anyway without you knowing about it, but being aware of how little pressure you need to push through the bars to initiate and take turns is a mind blower. It prevents you from fighting the bike.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 262 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1