Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rise of the far right the fault of successive governments

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:25 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Rise of the far right the fault of successive governments Reply with quote

I've just had this dumped in my news feed.....

https://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-news/rise-of-the-far-right-the-fault-of-successive-governments-says-producer-11364373531252

It's utter bollox in my view but the bit that really gets me is this statement...

Rafaele added that the current government’s reluctance to deal with the far right could stem from an indifference to Muslims.

She added: “They don’t care enough about Muslims. That’s why they don’t care.

What?

The reason there is a far right rise is because of a lot of different things but that isn't one of them.

Anyway, I'm probably going to agree with what I expect MPD will say, another BBC left wing PC programme to tick the boxes and show how hugging a Muslim or hoodie can turn you from a nasty immigrant hating yob to a cuddly Corbyn voting commie. Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:13 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm... and we wouldn't want the rise of the far right as they're historically not very good at mass murder. Much better left to the experts Twisted Evil

Last edited by Easy-X on 19:23 - 01 Jul 2019; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:18 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop singling out muslims. All religion needs to be abandoned, the sooner the better. We should have religious-text-burning festivals.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Stop singling out muslims. All religion needs to be abandoned, the sooner the better. We should have religious-text-burning festivals.

So bloody true that.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:28 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

If we did that, we could reduce our population dramatically at the same time by arming the crowd. The texts could be ignited by flame-throwing tanks which then retreat to let the assorted denominations fight it out amongst themselves... It could be done on a handicap basis, with the smaller religions being given guns whilst the 'big two' are only allowed garden tools....

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:51 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

If we did that, we could reduce our population dramatically at the same time by arming the crowd. The texts could be ignited by flame-throwing tanks which then retreat to let the assorted denominations fight it out amongst themselves... It could be done on a handicap basis, with the smaller religions being given guns whilst the 'big two' are only allowed garden tools....

Then, the next thing we should do is go into all the churches, mosques, synagogues etc and remove and destroy all references to religion. Stained glass windows depicting scenes from those texts should be replaced with stained glass with motifs representing science and knowledge. The buildings could be otherwise converted for other use. It would be a shame to lose them altogether.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The buildings could be otherwise converted for other use. It would be a shame to lose them altogether.

Ever wondered why you never see me and Nostradamus in the same room? 30 years ago I wrote a dissertation on the re-use of redundant ecclesiastical buildings....

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:00 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
The buildings could be otherwise converted for other use. It would be a shame to lose them altogether.

Ever wondered why you never see me and Nostradamus in the same room? 30 years ago I wrote a dissertation on the re-use of redundant ecclesiastical buildings....

If you were Nostradamus, you could have saved the effort, as you'd be thinking, "well, the world's gotta end soon..." Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:34 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its an odd article. It starts with just a report on a drama then takes a wierd swerve with the "the dont care enough about muslims" quote. I sense its a very badly written article and meaningless.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Its an odd article. It starts with just a report on a drama then takes a wierd swerve with the "the dont care enough about muslims" quote. I sense its a very badly written article and meaningless.

I would totally agree except it's an article from the BBC. That fact alone makes this sort of rhetoric worrying.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 01 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can the race card be used when we're told time and again that Muslims aren't a race?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:45 - 02 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

BT is now the BBC?

The drama program is about how governments have neglected poorer communities. Theres no inference of a race issue. Theres truth in the view that extreme political groups will exploit poverty to promote race hatred though.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:32 - 02 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic transference: "don't look at me, look at him!"

The left created the "far right" by changing the definition of "Nazi" to be anyone who isn't an Intersectional Feminist.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 02 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:

The left created the "far right" by changing the definition of "Nazi" to be anyone who isn't an Intersectional Feminist.

I see it differently. IMO a little bit of 'far right' exists in all of us regardless of ethnicity, religion or politics. It is tribalism. All it takes to release this latent 'far right' is a perceived common enemy, which today is Islam. What we are seeing is polarisation of politics, with Corbyn on the Left and the likes of Johnson, Rees Mogg, Farage etc on the Right. The more popular the right wing view becomes, the more acceptable it becomes to go that one stage further and become 'far right'. The difference between 'right' and 'far right' is that those politicians on the right take more care about what they say because they want to be seen as reasonable - playing the game...

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 02 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

So you're blaming Islam for right wing politics in this country?

Bollocks.

Nice....

Right wing politics are on our political spectrum, always been the case and always will be. The electorate chooses which part of the spectrum to support depending upon what it is told matters most to them by the media. Again, always been the case despite how clever we think we are as individuals. Farage, Johnson & co are just as guilty of prompting the media as the Left, despite what you may think.

At the moment Islam is promoted as the common enemy. Before that it was Communism, before that it was the Hun and before that the French.

Islam isn't to blame for right wing politics because 'right wing' is simply part of a larger spectrum. What I think you are trying to say is that the anti-Islamic movement in this country is evident primarily from the reactionary response of the Right, with the Left providing the counterbalance.

Try reading something other than current right wing propaganda to understand how it all works.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 02 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

The voice of the right has been silenced to such a level that possession of a Swastika pastry cutter and scatter cushions is headline news and a dog being taught to Nazi salute is a convicted hate crime now.

Remind me which headlines those were, and what the aspiring MENSA member was actually convicted of? If I recall it wasn't posession of oddly-shaped kitchen implements, nor inappropriatly embroidered cushions. I don't think it was for having such a clever dog either.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 02 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

They were convicted of apparently being part of a nasty culture other than Islam. They hadn’t actually hurt anyone, but unlike belonging to Muslim culture, their belief system is deemed too outrageous for the libtards. I mean, pastry cutters ffs. Think of the kittens.

Not fascist bakery equipment nor owning a dog then? This was the chap, if I recall... Perhaps this was merely fancy dress and the knife was to cut Victoria spongecake?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 292 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2