Battery Acid

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:41 - 25 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgydog wrote:
More that I couldn't give a fuck really.

It's Jmoan who thinks the laws don't apply to him. Razz

Agree about not giving a fuck about the acid laws in regards to the containers of battery acid you've got. Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:12 - 26 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to Stalk for helping me out Thumbs Up

Grubscrew
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:29 - 26 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember back in the early 90’s I was in New Delhi, and was watching this chap on the kerbside taking the top off car batteries with a saw, removing the plates, cleaning them, tipping the acid down the gully, and reassembling as a working unit!

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:55 - 26 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grubscrew wrote:
I remember back in the early 90’s I was in New Delhi, and was watching this chap on the kerbside taking the top off car batteries with a saw, removing the plates, cleaning them, tipping the acid down the gully, and reassembling as a working unit!

You can probably see it there now as well...
Wearing the obligatory Safety Flip-flops and t-shirt... Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 28 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success with one battery bank (8 x 1.5v traction batteries).

Obviously not 100% but holding a saturation charge of about 12.65 volts. Dance!

I have no more new acid so have filtered the old acid and mixed with the new after washing the cells.

The next tub (battery bank) I will do when wifey is out tomorrow as she was howling that I'm going to blow up the world/gas everyone/melt in a puddle of acid etc. etc. (I had to buy her dinner to stick something in her gob and shut her up.)

Hopefully the same result with the next bank.

I do love this recycling sh1t. Thumbs Up

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:26 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Jmoan wrote:
They're proper legal workers over a range of areas in law.

Do you have any examples of the freeman of the land defence working in court?

Wrong comments,wrong groups and wrong thread. Were you drunk again when it was written. Razz

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:30 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgydog wrote:
I have at least a dozen half litre plastic containers of battery acid in the garage. They're still sealed in the plastic bags but they've been there years (does the acid deteriorate?). You're welcome to have them for free, although I don't much fancy posting them, (would it be even legal?). I'm in Bradford if you can come and get them, or know someone who wants to collect them?

I'm sure acid does one thing well.

Years of storage sounds too long carefully check the containers are still intact.
It will dissolve concrete.

BusterGonads
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:37 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
dodgydog wrote:
I have at least a dozen half litre plastic containers of battery acid in the garage. They're still sealed in the plastic bags but they've been there years (does the acid deteriorate?). You're welcome to have them for free, although I don't much fancy posting them, (would it be even legal?). I'm in Bradford if you can come and get them, or know someone who wants to collect them?

I'm sure acid does one thing well.

Years of storage sounds too long carefully check the containers are still intact.
It will dissolve concrete.

Do you think the suppliers of battery acid would be packaging it in containers that it could dissolve? It is perfectly well contained in sturdy plastic bottles with child proof tops. The main worry is keeping it out of the reach of curious youngsters.

Battery acid should be about 30% of anhydrous strength which is full on h2so4. It should be handled carefully with eye protection at the very very least. It will eat your face or anything it gets on.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:41 - 03 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

BusterGonads wrote:
It should be handled carefully with eye protection at the very very least. It will eat your gimp suit and assless chaps or anything it gets on.

We Found 15 Clips With "BATTERY ACID"
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 239 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2