Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

And in shock news... (that will shock no one)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:49 - 27 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see what he has in terms of statesmanship once he drops the 'class clown' act....

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 27 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

Well that's bollocks. Labour's financial promises were ridiculed only by right wing rags

And anyone with enough intelligence to realise Corbyn's "Magic Money Tree" wasn't real. Rolling Eyes

None of it was properly costed out - it didn't take one of the last few right wing daily's to point that out.

Ah yes, the magic money tree. No government other than Labour would ever dream of plucking money out of thin air!

Now what about the 4 billion that went to the DUP?

Or Chris Grayling and his phantom ferry company?

Or knee-jerk bombing campaigns over Syria?

I dunno, I think I'd rather 'magic money' were spent on something a little more worthwhile, a bit like the Labour manifesto spelled out, and a bit like a large number of top economists openly backed.

Oh and here's your costed Tory manifesto. Thumbs Up

https://i1.wp.com/voxpoliticalonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/170519-tory-uncosted-policies-1.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/voxpoliticalonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/170519-tory-uncosted-policies-2.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:22 - 27 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read the Labour manifesto and it all sounds like sensible and worthy stuff and I'm sure the majority of Labour MPs are honourable and decent representatives for their constituents. However, I couldn't vote for a party headed up by a Jew-hating Communist backed up by the jackboots of Momentum.

We have Boris and as a bonus Rees-Mogg as leader of the house - two highly amusing individuals. If you're going to hell in a handcart it's good to have a laugh on the way Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:52 - 27 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
It will be interesting to see what he has in terms of statesmanship once he drops the 'class clown' act....

"act"?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:01 - 27 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
I've read the Labour manifesto and it all sounds like sensible and worthy stuff and I'm sure the majority of Labour MPs are honourable and decent representatives for their constituents. However, I couldn't vote for a party headed up by a Jew-hating Communist backed up by the jackboots of Momentum.

We have Boris and as a bonus Rees-Mogg as leader of the house - two highly amusing individuals. If you're going to hell in a handcart it's good to have a laugh on the way Laughing

Corbyn is not a communist if he was he wouldn't have been able to work as a constituency MP for as long as he has. He's also not s "jew hater", being critical of the Israeli government and its hypocrisy is not the same as hating an ethno-religious group.

I find it depressing that people may be so sceptical about our democracy that they would prefer a psycho-clown as leader of the government.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:07 - 27 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
HardlyDavidson wrote:

Corbyn is not a communist if he was he wouldn't have been able to work as a constituency MP for as long as he has. He's also not s "jew hater", being critical of the Israeli government and its hypocrisy is not the same as hating an ethno-religious group.

I find it depressing that people may be so sceptical about our democracy that they would prefer a psycho-clown as leader of the government.

Corbyn as PM is a frightening thought.

An IRA sympathiser, a Isis apologist. A definite commie.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/10/03/jeremy-corbyn-has-a-soft-spot-for-extremists-ira-hamas-hezbollah-britain-labour/

read that and tell me you want that person in charge of our country.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:28 - 27 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

These policies of Bojobbyson are nothing but cannon fodder pseudo policies. They're designed as a wall of bulls#it to be marched out with any number of crawling sycophantic back bench MPs leading the charge in the pathetic hope they will somehow get something genuine for their constituants. It will be like the Somme, policies dying like flies so the Tory party can gain a few miles of territory.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 27 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corbyn...

On the side of the IRA?

On the side of the Palestinians?

Fucked Diane Abbott and used her as a "diversity trophy"?

I don't know whether he should be locked up in a secure ward or shot for treason!

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:27 - 28 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Even during boom times, your leftie chums were spending so beyond their means, that come a recession, we were fooked.

No, come the recession, the majority of the western world economic system was 'fooked'.

UK eocnomy took longer to recover precisely because Cameron and Osborne enacted their childish household budget style agenda and enacted harsh austeriry measures to balance the book.

Every other nation, including the USA, the bastion of liberal economics, enacted stimulus packages and tax reduction schemes based on a recovery model devised by Alistair Darling. It was roundly seen as a good idea, and it worked. Not for the UK though, because as soon as Osborne was given control of the finances he did his own thing, and failed terribly.

Every country inherited debt and economic woes after 2008. Whether it was Labour or whoever else, it doesn't matter. What matters is that Cameron and Osborne set their own course and completely fucked the country, for far longer than any other nation after the recession.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 28 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

Even during boom times, your leftie chums were spending so beyond their means, that come a recession, we were fooked.

No, come the recession, the majority of the western world economic system was 'fooked'.

UK eocnomy took longer to recover precisely because Cameron and Osborne enacted their childish household budget style agenda and enacted harsh austeriry measures to balance the book.

Every other nation, including the USA, the bastion of liberal economics, enacted stimulus packages and tax reduction schemes based on a recovery model devised by Alistair Darling. It was roundly seen as a good idea, and it worked. Not for the UK though, because as soon as Osborne was given control of the finances he did his own thing, and failed terribly.

Every country inherited debt and economic woes after 2008. Whether it was Labour or whoever else, it doesn't matter. What matters is that Cameron and Osborne set their own course and completely fucked the country, for far longer than any other nation after the recession.

Could there be an argument that, on the lead up to the recession, the then government's attitude to debt reflected the sub-prime market, i.e. "carry on, chaps, it's not like the market's going to collapse or nuffink!" with the chancellor humming the Dr.Pepper theme tune?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 28 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:

Could there be an argument that, on the lead up to the recession, the then government's attitude to debt reflected the sub-prime market, i.e. "carry on, chaps, it's not like the market's going to collapse or nuffink!" with the chancellor humming the Dr.Pepper theme tune?

Yeah, quite possibly.

One thing to keep in mind however is that the opposition at the time, i.e. the Tories, never protested about what the Labour government was doing in relation to finance and the economy. Indeed they were probably quite happy in many ways, because the bulk of the issue was caused by deregulation and free-market theory, which is exactly what the Tories prefer! Thatcher did say her greatest achievement was New Labour, which I think is quite telling in itself.

Or in other words, the Tories simply have no right to say "I told you so", because the were just as oblivious to the impending crisis as everyone else was.

Regarding your point about Labour specifically spending everything because they knew their days were numbered* -There's nothing to gain from it, it's not like the national budget is a profit-making machine, so I do have some doubts about that theory. However, it should be noted that banks in particular knew that they were too big to fail, so they indeed did go ahead taking the risks that they did because they knew they'd be bailed out if or when the time came.

*edit - Just noticed you weren't really saying that. Oh well, the rest of the point still stands!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:18 - 28 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labour have shown no fiscal competance over the years.

Gordon Brown selling the gold reserves.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7003337/Bullion-expert-slams-Gordon-Browns-decision-sell-Britains-gold-reserves.html

Here you go, theres's no money left.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/may/17/liam-byrne-note-successor

Labour Manifesto figures don't add up (actually, they lied about them)

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-labour-2017-election-campaign-nhs-spending-plans-a8555621.html

I'd rather entrust my 4 year old grandson with the economy than Corbyn and his red army.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:42 - 28 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

stupidest thing a British chancellor has ever done, surely? Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:35 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

If you don't have any gold reserves then no one can ask you to link the currency to the gold standard.

If you're not linked to the gold standard you can just print more money whenever you like to "get out of a sticky spot" and any economic repercussions will be somebody else's problem.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:46 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

If you don't have any gold reserves then no one can ask you to link the currency to the gold standard.

If you're not linked to the gold standard you can just print more money whenever you like to "get out of a sticky spot" and any economic repercussions will be somebody else's problem.

And you won't be able to buy anything as your currency will be a valuable as Zimbabwe's.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:54 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got round to watching Johnson's first speech in the house of commons yesterday.

Hilarious Laughing All the optimism and promises. If that same speech were made by a Labour politician, there would have been howls of accusation at the fiscal impossibility of it all.

How does Johnson intend to pay for his 20,000 police officers, new NHS investment, boosting local economies, improved transport, improved education, super-fast broadband and nationwide 5G networks...?

Does he have A MAGIC MONEY TREE?!?!

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:13 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Yep, massive mistake.

Funny how selling gold is seen as a bad thing, while Osborne's more recent selling of profitable public entities like RBS, Lloyds, and Royal Mail are all largely given a free pass.

Also funny how the myriad of other complete wastes of money are overlooked. 4 billion on buying out the DUP. 2 billion on a bombing campaign over Syria.

"Fiscal responsibility" Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:36 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Yep, massive mistake.

Funny how selling gold is seen as a bad thing, while Osborne's more recent selling of profitable public entities like RBS, Lloyds, and Royal Mail are all largely given a free pass.

Also funny how the myriad of other complete wastes of money are overlooked. 4 billion on buying out the DUP. 2 billion on a bombing campaign over Syria.

"Fiscal responsibility" Laughing

And how much did the war with Iraq, founded on Tony Blairs total lies cost?

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:52 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone even believe what Boris said? Surely you all know that MPs lie and get away with it. So many promises and not a single one kept.
In any other occupation they'd be sacked.

Quick question: Do all PMs get the same pension regardless of time served?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:37 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

And how much did the war with Iraq, founded on Tony Blairs total lies cost?

Well that's a fair point, he's a cunt too for doing that.

However, some stats:

Support for the Iraq War:
50% of Labour MPs
85% of Tory MPs

https://en.metapedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_MPs_who_voted_for_Iraq_War

I find a lot of problems that are chalked up as 'Labour failings' tend to be things that the Tories were generally in support of anyway. Financial crisis is a big one. There were no protests or warnings from the Tories in the build up to the crisis. It really didn't matter who was in charge when it happened, it was always going to happen, yet Labour are blamed for losing all the money, which is nonsense because the Tories would have been in exactly the same boat if they had been running the show.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:32 - 30 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're a failure, vote Labour.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 270 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5