Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Boot vs trouser problems

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

SirFallalot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:59 - 14 Aug 2019    Post subject: Boot vs trouser problems Reply with quote

So I was out with my family over the weekend and we passed a motorcycle shop, I went in to try some boots, being nice and all, they insisted buying me some boots since I bought all my gear used, I did try to prevent them :/

So fast forward Monday, as I predicted, my leather trousers don't fit in them, or over, heh. They are a normal trouser length, and large enough to fit over chinos which I wear to work. This is how I usually wear them unless it's hot.
https://i.ibb.co/RPByygJ/Whats-App-Image-2019-08-14-at-8-18-39-PM.jpg

Now, do any of you wear leather over trousers, and make it work with moto boots? Or should I just get some other trousers and forget about wearing others under? I'm also on the hunt for some textiles but still like leathers.

https://i.ibb.co/1dVP9gc/100824-14-2.jpg

Also, I noticed I probably have shit foot technique, I moved the shifter up as far as it's comfortable as they have a thick sole, but they still don't slip under like my usual boots. I guess it's down to technique, you usually slide your foot outward and then use only the lip to shift? I found it really hard, so might look at some thinner soled boots like Sidis.

I guess with both problems together, I'm gonna return them in the mean time while I figure out a solution.

Regards and thanks for any advice...

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 14 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidis come up small. That's my tuppence. I take a 9 and a half in those. 9 in everything else.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 14 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boots like second pic you generally tuck trousers inside, does that not work either (too bulky?)
If there's a shower water can run inside, they are usually horrible to walk far in and the sole soon starts to wear out.
Why not stick with the others which are more suitable for general wear too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SirFallalot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:24 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Boots like second pic you generally tuck trousers inside, does that not work either (too bulky?)
If there's a shower water can run inside, they are usually horrible to walk far in and the sole soon starts to wear out.
Why not stick with the others which are more suitable for general wear too.

The second pic is the ones I bought, yes they don't fit in with two trousers (understandable), with just the leathers it zips up halfway but no more and hurts, and the sole is too fekin thick.

Sorry what are the others that are general wear too? You mean my normal boots as I had in the pic? That was my initial idea, I just thought it might be worth going for proper boots with more adequate protection and more waterproof, in heavy rain waters gets in through the laces.

The Spada Pilgrim Grande look like a good "general" option, but I can't see them being any better than my own assorted boots?

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:57 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly not fit for purpose so take 'em back for refund or if not allowed exchange for other goodies.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:02 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your use, I'd suggest a set of altberg Hoggs would be ideal. They would cost double the price of your current boots though.

I got some last year. All day comfortable and waterproof. They do take a bit of breaking in though.

SirFallalot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:20 - 21 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up going with the Spada Pilgrim Grande, thanks guys Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 251 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1