Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BBC labels Jacob Rees-Moog a "Nazi"

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:07 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I doubt if I could read my Imperial micrometer without much head scratching, it's so long since I needed to use it. Laughing

Pssst! You read them exactly the same way as you read metric ones!

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:33 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Really pleasant guy to speak to actually. Polite and engaging, despite he and I having very opposite backgrounds
perfectly happy to talk with someone like me. He's doorstepped me the once (my MP) and later remembered speaking to
me when I met him in the High street when he was on the campaign trail some time later. Even down to the Street name
and roughly what we chatted about what we which I though was extraordinary. Although he probably doesn't meet
many Londoners where I live so maybe it was my accent that stuck in his mind. He and I have very little in common but
I can't honestly say that anything about his background really offends me. He's a bit religious I suppose but not preachy
unless questioned on such things, he's for traditional family values, I don't want kids at all. But still we managed to chat
amicably on the subject, he had his son with him when I met him in the street, a polite, bright kid even if he's a
bit of a mini me to his dad. He'll go far anyway, no doubt. Fair play to them all. My wife speaks with what you might call
a fairly posh accent, so I'm quite used to hearing one and wouldn't judge someone harshly for speaking in that way.
Mine... Not so posh. Laughing Also, he was in the street with no apparent security present and no (visible) Police so I think
that says a lot about someone like him who is an easy target for some to vent at.

You can admire the person even if you don't agree with their politics. He comes over as a genuine guy with a good foundation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:02 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:

His views on abortion give me a tell that he's a grade A twat and that was before it came out his investments in abortion pills made him some profit.

Or cutting the leftie bullshit propaganda, he has money in an investment trust who invest in an Indonesian firm who produce a drug in Indonesia, used to treat stomach ulcers, but can be abused to terminate childbirth.

Are you for real?

Do you hate all Catholics? How about Muslins too you racist?
Or us it just posh Tories your agenda triggers over?

He believes that women who have been raped should not have access to a termination.

That is all mpd72. Nothing about Catholics or Muslims this time. Smile

Have a hard cold look at yourself all who share JRM with his retarded mindset.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:11 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refer you to my previous answer.

Hope that helps.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

He believes that women who have been raped should not have access to a termination.

That is all mpd72. Nothing about Catholics or Muslims this time. Smile

Have a hard cold look at yourself all who share JRM with his retarded mindset.

While I totally agree with you about the termination thing, I can also understand why some people think all life is sacrosanct.

If you believe that (irrespective of religion,) it's pretty well impossible to agree with abortion for any reason.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Imperial measurements? Other than miles, they are pretty dead and buried now. Crying or Very sad
One thing the French won.

Ask them what size tyres their car takes.

That's another one the French lost. Michelin produced their metric tyre in the late 70s/early 80s sound in the knowledge that all the other manufacturers would soon have to follow suit.
Very much a 'Betamax' in automotive history...

We do still have quite a few imperial measurements but they're so common we rarely notice them. Acres are still more recognisable than Hectars, etc etc...

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:21 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO JRM is the old style good politician.
From the days when all politicians were posh irrespective of which side of the house they sat, some of them were genuinely doing it for the good of the country and it's people, in their belief (IMO like JRM) whilst others were doing it either for their own ego, career or pocket.
There are quite a few things I don't agree with him on, but his opinions come from an honest belief.
Who cares if he like grammar to be used correctly (apart from the BBC).
The opposite of Corbyn who spent years as a loud voice on why the UK should leave the EU (now a remainer), to his identity politicking anti-Semitism... I'm sure he'd be pro-bombing Ireland if he thought he could gain a few votes from it. Zero honesty involved with him!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:50 - 29 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my mind the main difference between ppl like JRM and Boris versus Corbyn & Abbot is humour.

The former think humour extremely helpful to get their point across whereas the latter only crack a smile when they hear someone's died and now there's a bi-election in the offing.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:44 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAefx4iWsAEIife?format=jpg&name=900x900

He's a twat.

You would think with all his money he could afford a better tailor.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:48 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:
IMO JRM is the old style good politician.
From the days when all politicians were posh irrespective of which side of the house they sat, some of them were genuinely doing it for the good of the country and it's people, in their belief (IMO like JRM) whilst others were doing it either for their own ego, career or pocket.
There are quite a few things I don't agree with him on, but his opinions come from an honest belief.
Who cares if he like grammar to be used correctly (apart from the BBC).
The opposite of Corbyn who spent years as a loud voice on why the UK should leave the EU (now a remainer), to his identity politicking anti-Semitism... I'm sure he'd be pro-bombing Ireland if he thought he could gain a few votes from it. Zero honesty involved with him!

Tony Benn.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:05 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:
I refer you to my previous answer.

Hope that helps.

That's not an answer. You apparently claim to have a problem with Rees Mogg's religious views, so if you're not singling him out for being a posh Tory, then you must think all Catholics are twats, because that's what their belief system says.

If you're going to chastise Rees Mogg on his religious beliefs, then going by the same reasoning, you must see all followers of a religion with dubious beliefs as twats. Seeing as Islam is sexist, homophobic and teaches that sex with minors is OK, applying your logic, you must think all Muslims are twats too.

We all know though, that deep down, you're problem with Rees-Mogg is because he's posh and a Tory and nothing to do with him following the Catholic belief system.

I'll have you know that 300yrs ago our family had a Castle(most fallen down now) and we're not (all) Catholic tw@ts.

You cannot read my mind or put words in my mouth.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:43 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:57 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
I just don't get the hatred for him, other than a type of jealousy from the working class because someone is "posh".

The accent annoys me, but if they work for a living (he does), weren't born into it (he wasn't) and do the job acceptably (I think he talks a lot of sense for a politician, then I'm willing to look past his deep religious beliefs.

I just see why someone should be labelled a twat for having a double barrelled name now, as half of London has one. Thumbs Up

Yeah, sure, because anyone whose father is a Baron and ex editor of the Times, can use their history degree to walk into a finance job at an investment bank working directly under some of the largest names in international finance, then miraculously become 'close friends' with the governor of Hong Kong and start a miraculously successful hedge fund management firm back in London.

Yeah, definitely not born into it, definitely worked super hard for his living, and definitely does the job acceptably (what job does he do again?).

I actually agree with you for the most part, he doesn't seem like that bad of a person in any particular way. But it's hilarious that you think he earned his living or his status by any normal route.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:48 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say, JRM was "not born into it" he simply married into it!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
I just don't get the hatred for him, other than a type of jealousy from the working class because someone is "posh".

The accent annoys me, but if they work for a living (he does), weren't born into it (he wasn't) and do the job acceptably (I think he talks a lot of sense for a politician, then I'm willing to look past his deep religious beliefs.

I just see why someone should be labelled a twat for having a double barrelled name now, as half of London has one. Thumbs Up

Yeah, sure, because anyone whose father is a Baron and ex editor of the Times, can use their history degree to walk into a finance job at an investment bank working directly under some of the largest names in international finance, then miraculously become 'close friends' with the governor of Hong Kong and start a miraculously successful hedge fund management firm back in London.

Yeah, definitely not born into it, definitely worked super hard for his living, and definitely does the job acceptably (what job does he do again?).

I actually agree with you for the most part, he doesn't seem like that bad of a person in any particular way. But it's hilarious that you think he earned his living or his status by any normal route.

'That Bad of a Person' Argues his belief in Jesus?

Like all religionists, 11 & a 1/2 penny short of a full schilling.

Lets get these 'intelligent' people out of politics.

Church and State should have such a massive divide that it is relegated to a rank lower than Motorcycle Safety.

The English STILL preach Gawd at high schools as a part of the curriculum.

WTF?

Reese-Morgan's sister was great in that Johnny Cash movie Joaquin Phoenix made though. Thumbs Up

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

So you're saying Ress-Mogg isn't intelligent and he only got to be where he is without merit. Righto...

No, that's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying you're completely wrong in your belief that he's just an average guy who did well for himself.

How about you explain to me how a normal person like you or I can get a job like he did, in international investment banking, immediately after graduating, with a degree in history?

Do you think that's normal?

I have a mate with a history degree. He's now an English teacher in China and he hates it.

I have another mate with a history degree. His family are pretty wealthy. His parents paid him through a Law conversion course so he could get into something with career potential.

Now tell me, how does JRM, with his history degree, walk directly into international investment banking? Do you think this is normal? Do you think this is what a history degree does for people?

Or how he managed to slide directly up to rubbing shoulders with the governor of Hong Kong? Then fell into a successful hedge fund business in London?

You think this is the work of your average clever bloke down the pub? No connections, no leg-ups, no rolling start?

You're thicker than I give you credit for!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:49 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

"When Rees-Mogg was ten, he was left £50 by a distant cousin, and his father, on his behalf, invested in shares in the now-defunct General Electric Company (GEC). Rees-Mogg ascribes to this event the beginnings of his interest in stock markets. Having learned how to read company reports and balance sheets, he later attended a shareholders' meeting at GEC, where he voted against a motion because dividends were too low. He subsequently invested in London-based conglomerate Lonrho, eventually owning 340 shares, and reportedly caused the company's chairman Lord Duncan-Sandys "discomfort" by quizzing him at an annual general meeting on the low dividends offered to shareholders. In 1981, at a shareholders' meeting of GEC, in which he owned 175 shares at the time, he told the chairman Lord Nelson that the dividend on offer was "pathetic", sparking amusement among board members and the media."

He would have been 12 in 1981. Laughing

As for how someone with a history degree goes into international investment banking, I doubt that's particularly unusual for Oxford graduates, especially ones with who made a name for themselves when aged 12. Laughing

(The elephant in the room is of course his education at Eton.)

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:21 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough, Eton Elephants do not have any rowing team honours.

This, allegedly, has been linked to their continuous squabbling over where to put the coxswain.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like he is sufficiently right wing to be beyond reproach. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
"When Rees-Mogg was ten, he was left £50 by a distant cousin, and his father, on his behalf, invested in shares in the now-defunct General Electric Company (GEC). Rees-Mogg ascribes to this event the beginnings of his interest in stock markets.

That says it all. At the age of 10 my dad wouldn't have invested the £50 in shares on my behalf. Instead he would have told me to put it in my Post Office account. By the age of 14 it would have gone on fishing tackle, knobblies and lager.

Around that age I did find £4. I blew it all on sweets.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 262 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3