View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:12 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
MCN wrote:

Ban Google searches.

Depends on how you use them.

Wait...are you one of those people who are afraid of intellectuals? Or shall we say, afraid of people who are smarter than you? Smile

/\ FLAME /\

Shocked

Embarassed

Very Happy

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:02 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Pigeon wrote:
I've often thought that ALL drugs should be legal

I'd legitimise the lot. Anything you want, you can have, and it can be sold by chemists or wherever at a reasonable price (less than "illegal" price).

However.

I'd also have severe sanctions for doing anything against the law in pursuit of the stuff, anything against the law while under the influence of the stuff: these sanctions to be at least as severe as for anyone doing such things while not under the influence. I might have other legal safeguards too, e.g. for employers.

It's an interesting idea. I'll have to have a think about that one. I like the idea that governments can't tell you what you can and can't do with your mind and body. I do think they ought to take some responsibility for education about the consequences of poor or dangerous choices though. That's perhaps as far as their influence ought to go, assuming they're using factual evidence and not dogma.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

It won't happen unless all the major partys come out with a joint policy and that aint going to happen either. Laughing

Perfectly named too Laughing

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Spiced (RUM) my friend. Thumbs Up

The only spiced rum I've had was from Jamaica. An acquaintance from there got some sent to him by his mum, when he told her he'd got a bad cold. There was no label on it or anything. I think it was ordinary rum, really, it's just that she'd apparently dissolved a large maijuana bush in it. Traditional, apparently. Very interesting (and does not pong your house out).

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Your limits are busted down to 5 units per week or something.

I don't *even* drink 5 units of alcohol a week.
Some months I'd be surprised if I drank 5 units.

Come to think of it, if they measured cannabis, I doubt I'd even do 5 units of that a week, either - and I do a lot more of that, than I do of alcohol.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
This bloke needed a fix.

If you need a "fix" of cannabis, you've got a problem that you need to address.

That said, there have been days when I've thought "I can't wait to get home and have a spliff to calm me down", whereas I never think "I can't wait to get home and have a glass of wine/G&T". Although I do think that about juice, nice wineglass of chilled apple juice, or a swig of orange juice straight out of the carton while standing at the fridge door, or even half a pint of milk straight after eating some really rich chocolate biscuit.

On my way home tonight, I thought "Right, get indoors, have spliff, then make dinner", but I ended up getting indoors, finding half a tub of ice cream in the freezer, eating that and falling asleep. Still not had the spliff, don't "need" it (cos I had ice cream instead Laughing )

So I think that whatever gives you the pleasure at the time is what you need a "fix" of.

Hedonism.
It's like religion for me, only with a different kind of ecstasy. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember ever "craving" cannabis (there was a time when I was like that with booze). It was the same as, "I need to get home and put my feet up for a bit." It's just I'd have a spliff at the same time Smile

When I was bored, unemployed mostly, I'd cane it. But if I had things to do, I'd leave it, quite happily, until I didn't have anything else to do.

I often, however, craved relief from aches and pains, and the weed was the perfect remedy, and I didn't have to worry about getting addicted to it, or having heart problems or whatever side effects pain pills might have, because I needed pain relief so often, especially when in employment.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:28 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

When I was bored, unemployed mostly, I'd cane it. But if I had things to do, I'd leave it, quite happily, until I didn't have anything else to do.

My position is mostly the same.
On occasion, over the last 2-3 years I've probably thought "oh I could do with one of those" because I have been alone and just wanted to stop worrying about stuff that I can't do anything about (domestic issues, family dramas).

Getting rat-arsed with a spliff that makes me gurn like a motherfucker is one way of not having to think. There have been times when I have quite literally felt like I have been hit over the head with a shovel, and that stops me from thinking/ruminating over stuff that is upsetting me, but with the added bonus of happy thoughts which I do not get if I had to drink enough alcohol to achieve the same effect (with alcohol, I would have chundered or dropped my knickers LONG before I got to that stage, both behaviours are the main reasons I stopped drinking when I was much younger). Jen the stoner is a much nicer person than Jen the drinker.

I'm a naturally cheerful person, but if something so dire is going on in my life, then a spliff is the thing to get me through the hours between work and sleep. I'm very lucky that when I am at work, I can usually keep myself busy enough to keep my mind off my personal problems, and when I am asleep, I usually sleep soundly.

But if the hours in between those two occupations are proving difficult to cope with, then a spliff is the best route through those hours for me.

And if I can't sleep at 3.30am, boiled milk and cocoa is always a much better alternative than a spliff Laughing - cos I can still get up in the morning and go to work.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would be hard pressed to find any evidence of the fact that I am such a weed-head in my house, though. I have to admit, that's one of the most annoying aspects of indulging in cannabis: people have got to proclaim that they're doing it by having leaf-based "advertising".

I don't particularly like all those accountrements of the genre: no weed slogan t-shirts, no rasta-man ashtrays, lighters in the shape of a leaf - even my stash box doesn't have a cannabis leaf on it.

But then, neither do I have JD, gin or wine souvenirs. I once got rid of the only selfie stick I've ever owned because it was branded with a JD logo.

Looking around my living room, there's almost no branding of any sort. I guess I'm just not that into the products I use Shocked

Edit: Oh wait, I just found evidence of two chocolate brands. One is my actual stash box - a Charbonnel et Walker paper bag Laughing , and the other is a similar bag from Artisan du Chocolat, but its cunningly disguised as a plant-holder because the bag has a green foresty picture all over it, which goes well with the spathiphyllum I have got inside it.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:42 - 31 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Getting rat-arsed with a spliff that makes me gurn like a motherfucker is one way of not having to think. There have been times when I have quite literally felt like I have been hit over the head with a shovel, and that stops me from thinking/ruminating over stuff that is upsetting me, but with the added bonus of happy thoughts which I do not get if I had to drink enough alcohol to achieve the same effect

I'm a naturally cheerful person, but if something so dire is going on in my life, then a spliff is the thing to get me through the hours between work and sleep. I'm very lucky that when I am at work, I can usually keep myself busy enough to keep my mind off my personal problems, and when I am asleep, I usually sleep soundly.

But if the hours in between those two occupations are proving difficult to cope with, then a spliff is the best route through those hours for me.

And if I can't sleep at 3.30am, boiled milk and cocoa is always a much better alternative than a spliff Laughing - cos I can still get up in the morning and go to work.

You ought to try meditation. I mean, really, properly give it a go. Doesn't really matter which 'type'; TM, Zen, whatever.
You could do it now with focus on your breathing, as you sit comfortably with eyes closed. Each time you notice your thoughts running, just gently bring your focus back to your breathing. Do it for, say, 20mins twice a day. Teaches you how to just sit and relax if nothing else.

But I really miss being able to light one up. Right now, I feel it would be really good for me.
Meanwhile, I'm thinking about hunting for magic mushrooms in a month or so Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:46 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

These are the very reasons the public are turning their backs on politicians. They have agendas instead of reason. But they're fooling less of the people less of the time.

Actually, I could see legalisation going by county, no reason that couldn't work.

But again, responsible for what, exactly? How about some detail?

Come on Mr. Strip, are you being particularly dense Wink

Drug policies in the good old USofA is down to individual states. The government can monitor what happens in the individual states and if something work, implement it as a proven methodology.

Drug policies in UK are down to central gov. If whoever in power legalises drugs it is on his and his partys head so he is looking at the effect it will have politically rather than actually which is why it won't happen in my view.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
If whoever in power legalises drugs IT is on his and his partys head

What?!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:39 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the states there are drug policies in each individual state and there are federal drug policies. Federal laws are the "supreme law of the land" and when state laws say something different to federal laws, it's meant to be that federal laws are applied.

So technically every coffee shop, medicinal dispensary and the companies supplying them with vast quantities of cannabis could all be raided and everyone ends up appearing in federal courts. The majority of banks follow federal laws which means the multi billion dollar cannabis industry is almost completely cash based.

What effect it would have politically in this country is unknown as one poll says one thing and different poll says something else. All the people who go on about how legal weed would make it easier for kids to get hold of it need to ask their children how easy it would for them to get weed at the moment. Laughing

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:05 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

The difference in America is states can try this out and it doesn't affect the main parties. They can say it's up to the state what policies it puts in place.

Except there is Scotland to trial it out first.
Which nicely coincides with the PR in the media recently campaigning for special powers to holyrood to deal with their "problem".

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
If whoever in power legalises drugs IT is on his and his partys head

What?!

The consequences. The fact that they will get taken to the cleaners by the opposition. Rolling Eyes

Jesus, have you had a Val sandwich.

https://cdn.insteading.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/how-to-humanely-kill-chicken.png

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

What?!

The consequences. The fact that they will get taken to the cleaners by the opposition. Rolling Eyes

What bleedin' consequences?! Taken to the cleaners for what? Brick Wall

If all someone does is make drugs legal, and nothing happens after, what's to be responsible for? The mere fact of making them legal? That's meaningless if, oh I dunno, society doesn't implode following it. What if there were no discernible difference on the streets? I take it you are suggesting there would be mayhem? That is what someone who made drugs legal would be responsible for? But you don't know, and neither does anyone else, that this is what the result would be.

Anyway, I'm all for this society imploding. It's shite. Everybody's walking round with their heads up their arses. It's no less than they deserve, might even wake a few of em up.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:59 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

What bleedin' consequences?! Taken to the cleaners for what? Brick Wall

If all someone does is make drugs legal, and nothing happens after, what's to be responsible for? The mere fact of making them legal? That's meaningless if, oh I dunno, society doesn't implode following it. What if there were no discernible difference on the streets? I take it you are suggesting there would be mayhem? That is what someone who made drugs legal would be responsible for? But you don't know, and neither does anyone else, that this is what the result would be.

Anyway, I'm all for this society imploding. It's shite. Everybody's walking round with their heads up their arses. It's no less than they deserve, might even wake a few of em up.

Because they will be legalising drugs in the face of a very large staunch opposition to doing that. It's not to do with what happens, it's to do with immediate repercussions politically.

jmoan gets it.....

Jmoan wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

The difference in America is states can try this out and it doesn't affect the main parties. They can say it's up to the state what policies it puts in place.

Except there is Scotland to trial it out first.
Which nicely coincides with the PR in the media recently campaigning for special powers to holyrood to deal with their "problem".

If they tried it out in Scotland and it worked, they could bring it out in England and the opposition wouldn't be able shoot it down. If they bring in a policy with no no mechanism of showing actual positive results they will get politically crucified with lurid tales of 'Cannabis caused my mother to eat my hamster' or some other such crap that a large portion of our stupid populous would lap up like a cat with the cream.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done that sorta meditation, Chickenystrip. Its very relaxing, I will agree. But sometimes, you just don't wanna do what you should, and my naturally rebellious self will look for something illicit, naughty, whatever, to do, before something that is "socially acceptable".

I like meditation. Concentrating on your breathing is very nice. I can and have often used it to zone out in certain circumstances.

Although sometimes I use the "just breathing in and breathing out" technique to help me fall asleep at night if my mind is racing, so it sometimes has the same effect if I try and do it when I'm NOT in bed Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 01 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

am i weird, I can down a strong Americano or some such, and then have an afternoon nap for a couple of hours?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:15 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
am i weird, I can down a strong Americano or some such, and then have an afternoon nap for a couple of hours?

Yes.

Nothing to do with the coffee intake as caffeine has less effect if dosed repeatedly throughout the day.
It doesn't keep me awake.

But yes, you are weird.

Not having any cash in the bank to pay the mortgage will work better at keeping one awake.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:58 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is weird. The only people who aren't weird are clones of yourself.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Everyone is weird. The only people who aren't weird are clones of yourself.

Fuck yeah man, that's trippin'.

Analogkid
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:25 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one politician will legalise cannabis, they are a bunch of self serving bastards and will be vilified by a section of the country, those who believe the media propaganda around it's ill effects in a minority of users, these are the same hypocrites who will be vilifying cannabis use among their peers whilst partaking in a drink or two.

Sadly cannabis is in the hands of the criminals, this ensures there is no control over strength, quality, recommended doses etc, compounded by this black market not paying tax and much of the cash proceeds ending up overseas, so even if you disagree with the use and legalisation of cannabis, surely you can see that the status quo can't continue, we spend millions a year policing it, but no revenue from it to pay for this policing, the sooner the government takes control, as with alcohol and tobacco, the sooner revenue can be raised to support the legal distribution, and less wasted on illegal supply.

The politiciant hat legalises cannabis, if it’s an individual, will be vilified for a generation or two, but later hailed as a visionary, sadly none of them have the backbone to do what’s right, only what gets them votes, the fucking lot of them should be sacked and we should start again.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:18 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analogkid wrote:
No one politician will legalise cannabis, they are a bunch of self serving bastards and will be vilified by a section of the country, those who believe the media propaganda around it's ill effects in a minority of users, these are the same hypocrites who will be vilifying cannabis use among their peers whilst partaking in a drink or two.

Sadly cannabis is in the hands of the criminals, this ensures there is no control over strength, quality, recommended doses etc, compounded by this black market not paying tax and much of the cash proceeds ending up overseas, so even if you disagree with the use and legalisation of cannabis, surely you can see that the status quo can't continue, we spend millions a year policing it, but no revenue from it to pay for this policing, the sooner the government takes control, as with alcohol and tobacco, the sooner revenue can be raised to support the legal distribution, and less wasted on illegal supply.

The politiciant hat legalises cannabis, if it’s an individual, will be vilified for a generation or two, but later hailed as a visionary, sadly none of them have the backbone to do what’s right, only what gets them votes, the fucking lot of them should be sacked and we should start again.

Absolutely agree 100%

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 02 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one of the reasons I gave up! When skunk first came out I was like "if it's too strong, put less in!" but as time wore on that trite little line didn't work. I started not enjoying it, hard as that is to believe!

From what I've read current strains of these skunk plants are all THC and no CBD. I can't say I buy into the "miracle" of CBD oil (as it does zero for me) but before there was basic grass (that I enjoyed) and now there's headbanging skunk (which I don't) so there must be something to this THC/CBD balance.

But Scotland could lead the way. There was that thing last year about how Glasgow turned it's drug problem around - took 10 years - and could Genghis Khan do the same for London...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 258 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5