Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Yamaha neos 2stroke air filter

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Cabbage2882
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:41 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Yamaha neos 2stroke air filter Reply with quote

I have a standard air box on my 125 neos 2stroke what would be the best air filter for my bike as my air box connects to my back box (variator) or should I just drill holes in my airbox
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:46 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) this should be in the Workshop thread

b) the best air filter is the one specified by the manufacturer

c) drilling holes?! do you also like goat and live under a bridge?

Cabbage2882
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:53 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Airbox Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
a) this should be in the Workshop thread

b) the best air filter is the one specified by the manufacturer

c) drilling holes?! do you also like goat and live under a bridge?

For one I have just started on the forum so don't have a clue we're to post anything and I've seen a lot of people do it on YouTube drilling holes into the standard airbox and I have been on pedparts and found air filters that will go on my bike but like I said my airbox connects to my back box so don't understand how a normal air filter would work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:13 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Re: Airbox Reply with quote

Cabbage2882 wrote:

For one I have just started on the forum so don't have a clue we're to post anything

Very week excuse Laughing

Where to post should be very fresh in your mind as you agreed to it when signing up. Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Quote:

Thou shall post in the correct section
Please make sure when starting a new topic that you post it in the correct section. If your topic has to be moved by a moderator, your karma rating will suffer. Just because a topic is likely to be seen by more people in a particular section, doesn't mean it belongs there!
Topics regarding news from the biking world belong in the Biking News forum.
Questions from newbie riders and "Which bike is for me?" type threads go in the New Bikers bit.
Mechanical help Qs & As belong in The Workshop.
"For Sale" and "Wanted" ads belong in Exchange & Mart, unless they are better suited to one of the special interests sections (Racing, Supermoto, etc).
Topics about events belong in Outings & Excursions, unless the event is a local one and would be better suited to a regional forum section (South East, Scotland, etc).
Everything else to do with bikes goes here: General Bike Chat.
Topics related to the forum belong in Feedback, Suggestions, Bug Reports.
Topics which have nothing to do with bikes should be posted in the Offtopic Chat section.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:19 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally you would unbolt it from the bike, open it up and replace the paper filter. Are you saying your air box is totally sealed, i.e. glued together?

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:13 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Re: Airbox Reply with quote

Cabbage2882 wrote:
I have a standard air box

Cabbage2882 wrote:
my airbox connects to my back box so don't understand how a normal air filter would work

Anybody else confused?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:25 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics? Do you have the odd recirculation pipe that goes up to the air intake/somewhere.

Drilling holes would be a very bad idea.

Buying something faster/keeping this stock would be the 2 best options for you. I would not attempt to carve up bits of an airbox.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you’re trying to drill holes to increase flow and therefore power, unless you’re planning on other mods I wouldn’t trouble. More holes are likely to screw up the running.
I imagine someone will be coming along soon to explain further - to give you a damn fine teffing (in BCF lingo).

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Re: Yamaha neos 2stroke air filter Reply with quote

Cabbage2882 wrote:
I have a standard air box on my 125 neos 2stroke what would be the best air filter for my bike as my air box connects to my back box (variator) or should I just drill holes in my airbox

What are you trying to achieve? A new air filter to stpo crap getting into your engine, or some sort of attempt at getting more power?

EDIT: By the way, I'd be inclined to post an "abandones" messahe in this tgread, and open a "Workshop" one instead, saying what you're trying to do (and possibly why).

Cabbage2882
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:50 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
If you’re trying to drill holes to increase flow and therefore power, unless you’re planning on other mods I wouldn’t trouble. More holes are likely to screw up the running.
I imagine someone will be coming along soon to explain further - to give you a damn fine teffing (in BCF lingo).

Yes I want more power from the bike as it's only doing 65 flat out and everything on the bike has been modified the guy I bought it from has messed around with everything roller/carb/variator and other stuff but left the airbox standard but he told me it's an ideal bike for my first bike witch is true but I just want more power out of it and yes it's been glued on I think as I have taken the bolts out and it's still not coming off my bike

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabbage2882 wrote:
Yes I want more power from the bike as it's only doing 65 flat out and everything on the bike has been modified the guy I bought it from has messed around with everything roller/carb/variator and other stuff but left the airbox standard but he told me it's an ideal bike for my first bike witch is true but I just want more power out of it and yes it's been glued on I think as I have taken the bolts out and it's still not coming off my bike

Oh, so it's been arsed about with. Is that why it's a 125? WHAT is the top speed as standard?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:35 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're trying to get over 65mph out of an old 2 stroke scooter Thinking

Yes! Go for it, nothing bad could happen Very Happy

BTW, if you succeed in replacing/modding the air box have fun re-jetting the carb Wink

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
You're trying to get over 65mph out of an old 2 stroke scooter Thinking

Yes! Go for it, nothing bad could happen Very Happy

BTW, if you succeed in replacing/modding the air box have fun re-jetting the carb Wink

Well, I'm sure it can be done, looking at some local buoeys who've tarted about with their 50s. However, the expense, the unreliability, the continual tinkering, not to mention the noise and attraction for nosey flatties....
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:04 - 13 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabbage2882 wrote:

So it's had everything modified to 'improve' performance yet still only manages around the stock top speed...

Are you sure it's a 125? I thought the Neos only came in 50cc and 100cc?

Last edited by Fizzoid on 10:07 - 13 Aug 2019; edited 1 time in total

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:07 - 13 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzoid wrote:
So it's had everything modified to 'improve' performance yet still only manages around the stock top speed...

Mmm... drag pipes don't do much but make boom-boom noises with a stock air box restricting the overall flow Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 255 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1