Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The end of Shipbuilding in Britain?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 19 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier, cheaper and quicker probably.

More effective? Do you think the EU chose the Syrian border for no reason at all? Have you ever spoken to anybody who has been posted to that border to give you the slightest idea of what happens there?

Thought not.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:17 - 19 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Easier, cheaper and quicker probably.

More effective? Do you think the EU chose the Syrian border for no reason at all? Have you ever spoken to anybody who has been posted to that border to give you the slightest idea of what happens there?

Thought not.

They built it there because if they had built it on the EU border Turkey would have had a hissy fit. The snowflake society would have gone into meltdown like they did when the Balkan states built their barriers to the migrant SWARM* coming from Greece and Turkey and by building it there Merkel's open borders policy would have been admitted to be a huge mistake.

And we all know the omnipotent EU and it's paymaster doesn't make mistakes.

* copyright David Cameron. Probably the only words he spoke that were true.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 19 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I was wanting was for MDMA to acknowledge that EU funding had gone towards something he agreed with, but no - apparently they built the wall in the wrong place...

Bloody EU - they try their hardest to accommodate him but no, they can't even get that right. This is reminiscent of trying to debate with my wife... Laughing Laughing Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:52 - 19 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
All I was wanting was for MDMA to acknowledge that EU funding had gone towards something he agreed with, but no - apparently they built the wall in the wrong place...

Bloody EU - they try their hardest to accommodate him but no, they can't even get that right. This is reminiscent of trying to debate with my wife... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jelly Wall Coverings?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 19 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mpd72"]
Diggs wrote:

You don’t get it do you? It was built to stop the Kurds being able to retreat into Turkey, nothing to do with protecting the EU. The Turks hate the Kurds with a passion and shit on them at every opportunity.

Think about that for a second. Why would the EU pay for a bloody great wall for the sole purpose of stopping Kurds from coming back into Turkey? Is it just conceivable that it suits the EU to have a buffer zone policed for free?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:20 - 20 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
...whilst people just like you blatantly ignore it and put a positive spin on it.

I'm afraid you'll have to explain that one to me?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 20 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

You see this wall between 2 non EU countries, paid for by the EU, using our money, as the EU defending itself against illegal immigration.

I'm not sure if some details have been omitted in transatlantic reporting but I can't find anywhere that says the EU stumped up money for the Turkish wall, plenty on providing security and surveillance assistance along said wall though in the form of Cobra's and electronics.
The separation of the Kurds has always been a highly contentious issue and has similarities to the plight of those in Texas, New Mexico, California and Mexico who found themselves on different sides of the white man's border - Hispanics differ in that their guerilla warfare tactics are non existent!!

Closer to the topic, the Turks were our biggest foreign competition in the boat repair world.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 20 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDMA old chap you still haven't explained why the EU would spend millions of pounds to assist the Turks to persecute the Kurds, if there isn't something in it for the EU.

I am sensing anti-Islam sentiment here, but can't work out your angle.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 20 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

drifting slightly off topic, but the fate of the Northern Star, always seemed to me to be some sort of metaphor and representation of the state of shipping in the UK overall

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Northern_Star_(1962)

built in the UK in 1962, and sold for scrap in 1975 Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:45 - 20 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

You see this wall between 2 non EU countries, paid for by the EU, using our money, as the EU defending itself against illegal immigration.

I'm not sure if some details have been omitted in transatlantic reporting but I can't find anywhere that says the EU stumped up money for the Turkish wall, plenty on providing security and surveillance assistance along said wall though in the form of Cobra's and electronics.
The separation of the Kurds has always been a highly contentious issue and has similarities to the plight of those in Texas, New Mexico, California and Mexico who found themselves on different sides of the white man's border - Hispanics differ in that their guerilla warfare tactics are non existent!!

Closer to the topic, the Turks were our biggest foreign competition in the boat repair world.

And the hosed thousands of Allies with machine gun fire in WWI.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 20 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely off topic now, but my Grandma's brother was at Gallipoli. He contracted a case of the squirts, his world fell out of his arse and he had to be evacuated to Blighty by hospital ship.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 20 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, your precise words were 'I don't know why...'. You then added a vague statement about Ms Merkel possibly wanting to expand her empire into the Middle East. Not the usual incisive fact-based comment we have come to expect from you. Laughing Laughing Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 20 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So on the one hand you admit that you don't know, then you state that 'some people can't see what's going on in front of their eyes...'.

The two statements contradict each other. You either know or you don't, surely? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:14 - 20 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, so you don't actually know, but by a process of elimination you actually do... ...but then you don't.

This is so much like debating with my wife, even down to the raised voice Laughing Laughing Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 20 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Quote:
irrelevant waffle

Maybe you can tell us why your idols in Brussels are still throwing billions of Euros at Turkey when they claim it will never join the Federal Superstate of Greater GEUrmany?

That is your theory, not mine. It is for you to explain...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 20 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It reminds me of the wall in World War Z with Brad Pitt. Pretty good film considering it was nothing like the book!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 247 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6