Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

'Single-justice' 140mph group conviction quashed

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:09 - 20 Jun 2018    Post subject: 'Single-justice' 140mph group conviction quashed Reply with quote

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/a47-bikers-140mph-simon-nicholls-norwich-magistrates-court-sons-of-anarchy-1-5567624?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons
Quote:

In January a single magistrate convicted Sian Cooper, Jackson Harmer, Kaz Pinfold, Martin Pinfold and Gavin Green of the speed under the Single Justice Procedure.

But Norwich Magistrates Court heard today from prosecutor Stacie Cossey that after a review of the evidence, it only showed lead rider Martin Pinfold, 51, was travelling at 94mph “for at least six seconds” on the morning of August 6 last year.

From what I can see, maybe the police 'catch up speed' was 140mph and they did the not uncommon maths of 'well, they must have been doing that speed because we were'.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:03 - 20 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good result. And yes, I've had that "I had to do 50 to catch you!" outraged spluttering by Constable McRighteous.

Why only half their legal fees in compo? Half an injustice is still an injustice.

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 20 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They admitted nudging the 70 limit upwards, therefore many kittens need counselling. Hence, only 1/2 costs back.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 20 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half costs is fairly standard no? I've no idea why, it always seems rather insulting to me. Yes you're innocent so we'll cover a bit of the cost and none of the massive fcking ballache of proving your innocence against no evidence on a malicious charge. Off you trot now, and be grateful about it.

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 23 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Good result. And yes, I've had that "I had to do 50 to catch you!" outraged spluttering by Constable McRighteous.

Why only half their legal fees in compo? Half an injustice is still an injustice.

I'm reminded of one of those police camera smash type programmes I found myself idly watching a few years ago, where an officer in a layby heard the sound of a bike passing (without seeing the bike at all due to trees along the layby), determined it was speeding, set off after it, caught up to the first biker they came across after doing the ton plus down the dual carriageway, got the bike to pull over then without any direct evidence whatsoever browbeat the poor biker into saying they'd been speeding, and accepting a FPN. The officer did it using the exact 'i had to do 150 to catch up with you, if this goes to court you should expect a ban' bollocks knowing full well if it went to court it'd likely be dropped due to lack of evidence.

I really need to find that episode again some time, it really is the perfect example of the bluster police will use sometimes and how effective it can be to the uninitiated.

el_oso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've successfully argued my innocence like this multiple times.
I did however once get stung with a FPN (I think) for a smaller than normal plate. Wondering how they could 'prove' that if I disputed that and went to court. Don't remember them taking any pictures, but again they could have had in car dash camera running.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:47 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Article with the video of many kittens being killed by evil speeding motorcyclists: https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/motorcyclists-speeding-140mph-a47-1-5366709

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:55 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rather silly, isn't it? They're barely overtaking the traffic - I'd have executed them for lane hogging, rather than speeding.

Just another red mist tacheboi wanting a chase. There's only one dangerouse rider on that road.

TheBikerStig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:12 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

94 mph for 6 seconds? Woopdy fuckin do! I wipe in a circular motion.

"I had to go ***mph just to catch you". Well then you shouldnt have caught me then you hypocritical prick! I hate this do as we say, not as we do attitude from the police. They should teach by example.
Some say that he is the sole survivor of Atlantis, and that he refused to speed test a new Hayabusa this morning simply because there was no milk for his Brexit. All we know is hes called TheBikerStig.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 27 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Good result. And yes, I've had that "I had to do 50 to catch you!" outraged spluttering by Constable hyperbolic.

ftfu... Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 352 days between these two posts...
Evotion This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:38 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to do with how you don't have a wiper for your visor therefore it's not your fault.

That and the way your posts smell like spam. Wink

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evotion wrote:
So what is the best excuse to give to a traffic cop these days?
It's all right officer, I'm married to the Queen.......

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evotion wrote:

I'm sorry officer, I just wanted some content for my youtube channel that I'm spamming?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:54 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evotion wrote:

"Sorry officer, I was just dragging up this old thread to spam some shit"

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:57 - 15 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evotion wrote:

Sorry officer I was in a rush coz my bum hole is a bit raw as my boyfriend used Pepper Analube this morning.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 16 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I identify as an Unemployable Black Lesbian Left wing Remoaner even though I look like a rugged white male with moderate views and have many years of safe riding under my belt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

suburban myth
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:16 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
I identify as an Unemployable Black Lesbian Left wing Remoaner even though I look like a rugged white male with moderate views and have many years of safe riding under my belt.

Vegan, yes?

Old Sod
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:50 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an old thread, but the last time I got nicked for speeding was 20yrs ago this month. Going West on the Talgarth Road and up onto the elevated section of M4 over Chiswick. It used to be 60 limit, reduced to 50, then 40. Almost empty of traffic 40mph seems artificially low, and the Renault Espace in front was doing the same speed as me and 100yds ahead. We were doing 50 - 55 and it still felt slow.

I'd spotted a white car way back at the start of the elevated, but too far away to determine what it was. Down off the elevated and just before the 70 I found out - right on my tail with a quick blast on the siren. Espace driver thought it was for him, and he dived onto the hard shoulder, but cleared off when he saw his luck.

The donut eaters declared I must have been doing 70, as they had to do that to catch me. I politely pointed out that they would have had to do 70 to catch me at all. Their VASCAR showed I averaged just over 50. Day before my birthday too - they wished me happy returns.

Vegans. Well if that winds your clock that's fine, but when I get grief about my violence to living animals by eating a bit of meat now and then, or some tasty cheese, or dunking a Digestive, I'm inclined to put the straight throughs on.

Nothing like the smell of a few rashers in the pan, or a bit of roast chicken.

Wonder what roast remainer tastes like . . . a bit like Hitler on toast maybe. . . I didn't say that did I?

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:57 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Sod wrote:
Wonder what roast remainer tastes like

I don't know, but I understand Brexiters taste a bit like Gammon Wink

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:26 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans wrote:
Old Sod wrote:
Wonder what roast remainer tastes like

I don't know, but I understand Brexiters taste a bit like Gammon Wink

https://youtu.be/_iSAx_NW4_E

Thank fuck I don't speak Jermin.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 200 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1