Lexmoto ZSX-F

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tritania
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:16 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Lexmoto ZSX-F Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a Lexmoto ZSX-F (non EFI - zs125-48e engine) 125cc and have upgraded the carb, air filter, rear sprocket + more and I'm still not happy with the performance that the bike makes from buying brand new, it's slow and even worse on incline.

I'm looking for a better engine to put into the ZSX-F frame (possibly 200cc - 250cc if possible) I'm not sure on what will fit, I'm fine with slight modifications to the frame etc.

Does anyone know of any engines that may fit?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:37 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's an easy engine swap for such a bike... yes I think there'll be something like a 250cc motor in say Pakistan but really? seems like a lot of hassle!

You could probably get a rebarrel kit to bump it up to 150cc pretty easily but TBH that's only going to add a touch of torque to things.

You'd be much better off getting a better/larger bike!

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:38 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell bike, buy bigger bike. If not, read signature below VV.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:50 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Re: Lexmoto ZSX-F Reply with quote

Tritania wrote:
I'm fine with slight modifications to the frame etc.

In that case, a GSXR1000 engine will go in with some slight modifications to the frame etc. Wink

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Re: Lexmoto ZSX-F Reply with quote

Tritania wrote:
I have a Lexmoto ZSX-F (non EFI - zs125-48e engine) 125cc and have upgraded the carb, air filter, rear sprocket + more and I'm still not happy with the performance that the bike makes from buying brand new, it's slow and even worse on incline.

How have you "upgraded" the rear sprocket? It might possibly be wise to upgrade it back to standard (possibly need to replace gearbox sprocket if you've run it for a while).

As others have said, the easiest way to increase performance is to buy a different motorbike. If your licence allows, go bigger. If not, you could get a project, like this one, which someone has bggered about with to its detriment:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RIEJU-RS3-125-14reg-2014-SPARES-OR-REPAIR-PROJECT-YAMAHA-YZF-ENGINE-STD-CBR-RS4/143350560114?hash=item21605bf572:g:Lc0AAOSw6CxdTIXs

Buy the odds and ends individually, also this for £250:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RIEJU-RS3-125-FULL-FAIRING-SET-INC-ALL-FIXINGS/283236094754?hash=item41f22fd322:g:tI4AAOSwrJRco09f

Sell the bits off the original to recover some of your money (£100?).

All that's probably simpler than tuning what you've got, and you can then do 80MPH.

Oh, it'll increase your premiums rather because it's a "sportsbike" style, but you can save by going TPO and spending the difference on security which you can use for your next machine.

Tritania
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:38 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "upgrade" I actually just meant I bought a slightly bigger sprocket (+2 teeth)

Tritania
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:47 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been riding for almost 3 years now and I'm still on L plates ( CBT ) so I am wanting either the Yamaha MT-07 ( I was looking at the MT-125 too) or Ducati Monster once I get up on the money ladder.

For now I'm trying to get by on a 125cc until I have the funds to go for my next license (hopefully next year).

Thank you for all the replies, hopefully some more will come through.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tritania wrote:
By "upgrade" I actually just meant I bought a slightly bigger sprocket (+2 teeth)

Tritania wrote:
I've been riding for almost 3 years now and I'm still on L plates ( CBT ) so I am wanting either the Yamaha MT-07 ( I was looking at the MT-125 too) or Ducati Monster once I get up on the money ladder.

For now I'm trying to get by on a 125cc until I have the funds to go for my next license (hopefully next year).

Thank you for all the replies, hopefully some more will come through.

I'd be inclined to de-upgrade the sprocket and live with the bike until you can save up for something else then. Save the money you would have spent on probably futilely trying to make it go faster.

Performance on these bikes is rumoured to be IRO 60MPH (some put it higher, 68???), standard (maybe with your nose on the speedo). If you ain't getting that, then perhaps a "performance mod" has in fact decreased performance.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st to call Tritey..

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
1st to call Tritey..

?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:24 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is: they aren't great bikes. Even if you could push it up to >80mph the brakes/suspension/frame geometry/etc. are just not built for it.

I use to wobble my way to 55 on my 125 and anything more would be change of underwear time. Now I just cruise along at 60 without thinking about it: partly because I have a bigger engine and partly because I have a stable bike.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 02 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a 125 riding L plater you're at the legal limit and a bigger engine might get you in trouble.
Insurance companies wont insure you as you only have a provisional license.
and you cant tax a bike without insurance either
So
If your going to break the law anyway, go big and just buy a bigger bike.
same fine and points but less work and hassle

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:42 - 03 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tritania wrote:

If that's the rear sprocket then you have slowed it down!

Tritania
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:51 - 03 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Tritania wrote:

If that's the rear sprocket then you have slowed it down!

I wanted to make it faster towards the lower end but I think it might be the engine that's making the bike slow, I feel stable at "70" when on a slight decline etc but on a straight I struggle to get 60 or past.

Uphill is worse dropping my speed down to around 45 / 40 depending on incline. the bigger rear sprocket hasn't done anything and right now the carb needs tuning better as it's running too much fuel so that's a garage job.

Other than that I think I may just buy the OEM parts and put it back to original (Sprockets & Chain) until I can pass my next license.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:37 - 03 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tritania wrote:

Other than that I think I may just buy the OEM parts and put it back to original (Sprockets & Chain) until I can pass my next license.

I would agree. It's pretty much a waste of money. Even if you get it running better you are never going to get your money back when you come to sell it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 207 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1